Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v2

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I dunno about that. In his other tweets, he still wants to play. My guess is he will try out for the Eskimos, and if he isn't as good as what we have here, then maybe a coaching gig.
Surprised he wouldn’t try out for BC and follow Reilly and hervey

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Even if he wants to play, I can't help but think that Bowman is done. As late as 2017, there were warning flags that he wasn't the same dynamic phenom that he was when he first got here. His 2018 season didn't help him much either; between Winnipeg and Montreal, he had just 39 catches, 467 yards, and 1 TD in 17 GP.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I think Bowman is done as far as being any sort of great receiver, but he always was a good blocker. Might not be a bad option as the #4 or something like that.

Reactions: joestevens29

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
From 3DownNation, apparently Esks asked him to take a pay cut, he said no and then Eskimos released him
It makes sense given that he’s likely not a starter this year. I’m sure they offered him up in trade, but his big contract is just too much for a guy coming off the bench. It’s too bad, as he’s a ratio breaker when healthy.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It makes sense given that he’s likely not a starter this year. I’m sure they offered him up in trade, but his big contract is just too much for a guy coming off the bench. It’s too bad, as he’s a ratio breaker when healthy.

Gonna see a lot more cuts like this before the season starts.

Cap didn't go up by a lot with the new CBA, but the minimum salary went up 20K. Highly paid vets will either take a pay cut or get cut.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
This new interpretation of what constitutes a "Canadian" is a bit confusing. Does this new rule/designation take effect immediately and if so I am just wondering how Americans would now qualify as "Canadians" under the 4 year rule? Sewell comes to mind immediately.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This new interpretation of what constitutes a "Canadian" is a bit confusing. Does this new rule/designation take effect immediately and if so I am just wondering how Americans would now qualify as "Canadians" under the 4 year rule? Sewell comes to mind immediately.

Apparently no one really knows because they're back to the bargaining table to discuss some significant "issues" over language.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Apparently no one really knows because they're back to the bargaining table to discuss some significant "issues" over language.

Perhaps the rule about Americans being re-classified as Canadians was off the table last week and I just missed it. I wonder if this doesn't just create more of a muddled picture in the minds of the fans.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Gonna see a lot more cuts like this before the season starts.

Cap didn't go up by a lot with the new CBA, but the minimum salary went up 20K. Highly paid vets will either take a pay cut or get cut.

I think the min salary was not set to rise until next year?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Why doesnt this surprise me? The CFL...there's no League like it. :laugh:

It'd be so in line with Edmonton pro sports that we sign all the marquee free agents in the offseason and then the league dissolves afterwards.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It'd be so in line with Edmonton pro sports that we sign all the marquee free agents in the offseason and then the league dissolves afterwards.

I dont think it will come to that. The owners have been embarrassed by this (now that its gone public) and they will conjure up something to save face and ratify the original agreement.

The troubling part is that they thought that this strategy was a good idea.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007

Not even sure what to take from this, but here's some more feedback from the players' perspective

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Seriously. I’m looking forward to this revamped team... and now they might strike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad