Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v2

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This League has absolutely no clue how to repair its tarnished image. They just keep making things worse for themselves.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That didnt take long. :D

Seems like the PA sent out last minute texts to players telling them the deal was back on and to stop with the Twitter drama. It would explain the whole Tony Washington thing.

Reactions: guymez

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

The fact that it even got back to this point underscores how bush league the whole league actually is.

You'd never see another major NA pro sports league do this.

(well, at least in modern times...I know the NHL owners were pretty shady back in the day)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This League has absolutely no clue how to repair its tarnished image. They just keep making things worse for themselves.

I have to say I am pretty disappointed in Ambrosie here. His first major misstep as commissioner.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The fact that it even got back to this point underscores how bush league the whole league actually is.

You'd never see another major NA pro sports league do this.

(well, at least in modern times...I know the NHL owners were pretty shady back in the day)

At this point, the problem is the wording of the American vet ratio. Not sure if it was something that wasn't discussed or the CFLPA thought it was a different number or number of seasons played. It also sounds like a player saw that, went rogue, and tried to blame the CFL. The person didn't put their name on the internal memo and it may be that Coach Mike O'Shea might has no knowledge of this at all.

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I have to say I am pretty disappointed in Ambrosie here. His first major misstep as commissioner.

The CFL is unique in the sense that the Commissioner has always been just a figurehead. Just a public face for the League. A paper tiger.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Just throwing this out there...after seeing the TSN report and thinking about this for a bit I am left wondering if maybe this was nothing more than a wording issue that got blown out of proportion.

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Wow this last page and a bit was a roller coaster of a read. From a deal being done, to a glitch, to embarrassing truth:help: that could dissolve the league, to a player strike, back to everything being ok again.

It's like having an emotionally unstable girlfriend

Lol...just a regular day for some guys out there. :D

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The CFL is unique in the sense that the Commissioner has always been just a figurehead. Just a public face for the League. A paper tiger.

I think Ambrosie has a decent amount of power and control.

There is no doubt he's following the general direction of the owners on the CBA, but I don't think he has zero input there either.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think Ambrosie has a decent amount of power and control.

There is no doubt he's following the general direction of the owners on the CBA, but I don't think he has zero input there either.

He could but he would be the first one in a while that did have any power and control
I like him though...he seems to have more of a presence than any Commish I can remember..

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
He could but he would be the first one in a while that did have any power and control
I like him though...he seems to have more of a presence than any Commish I can remember..

I think the owners realized they couldn't put up another clueless fake like Orridge.

That said I think Mark Cohon had a decent amount of power and control too.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
AAF?????????

Nah...the CFL, despite all of its dysfunction, is at least likable. :nod:

At least it is for me. This kind of thing (bad press) has been happening for years...I may complain but ultimately I just look the other way.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
jebus guys. Read the comments. Arash Madami, who I had never heard of before this is getting nearly unanimously flamed as a hack for this inflaming bit of junk which is NOT a team memo but likely the opinion of one disgruntled player. There is zero substance to this tweet. This is irresponsible reporting and should be condemned for the absolute junk it is.

You all got rolled

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad