Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2018 v5

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Sooooooo happy I didn't spend hundreds of bucks on GC tickets.

Just to see Hamilton Vs Calgary in our Stadium. Wake me when its next season I guess.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I hope Maas and Sunderland get fired after tonight.

Where is Sunderland? Does he have an away position? you see Hufnagel at every game in Calgary. I haven't even seen Sunderland at a game, can't remember the last presser or when he's even shown his face. I think the last time I've seen him around they were pitching GC tickets and saying the Esks will be there.

The fine print meant the Esks Cheer team. Or the Esks Alumni, who will be there..

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Where is Sunderland? Does he have an away position? you see Hufnagel at every game in Calgary. I haven't even seen Sunderland at a game, can't remember the last presser or when he's even shown his face. I think the last time I've seen him around they were pitching GC tickets and saying the Esks will be there.

The fine print meant the Esks Cheer team. Or the Esks Alumni, who will be there..

He’s actually at field level every game, which makes it even worse because it means he just can’t evaluate talent properly.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Reilly can sit for the rest of the night. This team blows and someone needs to be fired. Put in Glenn; we're not winning anyway.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Maas is a stubborn idiot.

Keep calling long developing plays when they’re blitzing every down.

Reactions: RegDunlop

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Seems like we don't do any in game adjustment from coaches. ALso Winnipeg's defense is winning this game for them. Their offense isn't really firing either

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Maas hasn’t heard of a screen pass or using the middle of the field. Literally foreign concepts to him.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Winnipeg is playing this like how i play madden and just blitz every time on defense. Baffling how coaching hasn't done anything.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Season ticket holder here. Now on the train home.
I lost it a couple weeks ago about the team and a poster called me on it for my ranting about "the 3rd best team in the league. "

Well we know who was right. Me.

Disgusting display.
The offense should be ashamed. Worst display in at least 10 years. Probably more.

I can't remember the last time I left before the fight song.

Reactions: RegDunlop

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

To be honest, I couldn’t pick him out of a two person lineup. He’s as invisible as any sports executive I can recall.

Reactions: Del Preston

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
This team was checked out right from the opening kickoff. This is how Maas has his team prepared coming off a bye week. It’s pathetic. We’re all ranting about the need to fire Maas. I just watched Reilly get drilled again with less than six minutes to go in a game the team was never in. Looks like he might be hurt too. Maas should be fired for not pulling Reilly earlier. This was an issue for him last year too, continuing to play Reilly in meaningless situations. Maas doesn’t learn from his mistakes. We aren’t seeing any growth in him. That seems to fly in the face of the organizations belief he’d grow into the job. All I see is a guy who isn’t a good coach and most likely just in way over his head.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
This team was checked out right from the opening kickoff. This is how Maas has his team prepared coming off a bye week. It’s pathetic. We’re all ranting about the need to fire Maas. I just watched Reilly get drilled again with less than six minutes to go in a game the team was never in. Looks like he might be hurt too. Maas should be fired for not pulling Reilly earlier. This was an issue for him last year too, continuing to play Reilly in meaningless situations. Maas doesn’t learn from his mistakes. We aren’t seeing any growth in him. That seems to fly in the face of the organizations belief he’d grow into the job. All I see is a guy who isn’t a good coach and most likely just in way over his head.

But, but $2 hotdogs
Which I should add, I was in a concession line 15 minutes before kickoff and they. stopped selling the dogs because of unexpected demand. Really? Unexpected?
Said please wait 25 -20 minutes for more

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Well boys- its a triple coiler on high heat but don't expect anybody to get fired. There's just too much of a sense of privilege that starts with the BOD.

How many games is that where we have scored less than 7 points in the second half?

Reactions: Yeah15

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Let's go Oilers chants on the LRT platform.

Kinda says it all on how a lot of fans are feeling about the Esks right now.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

I couldn't agree more with the highlighted.
I took a lot of heat on here for opposing the hiring of Maas as Head Coach. I didn't like the hire when it happened and I like it even less now.
I take no pleasure what so ever in being right either.

Here is the worst part of this situation if indeed Reilly is hurt. This might be his last season as an Eskimo.
Just think for a minute how bad this team would be without Reilly.

The bottom line for me is the upper management...their mandate is all about marketing. The quality of the on field product is obviously secondary. Show me one winning organization with an approach like that.
They dont exist. Unless there is a miracle of some kind this is going to be a long long road of mediocrity at best with Rhodes driving the bus.

If I were Mike Reilly that would definitely factor into whether or not I sign another contract. He is a winner and he wants to win. Does this organization give him the best chance at doing that?
Clearly it doesnt.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Reilly has been hurt for weeks. Happened in the last Calgary game. He's not been right. When do you ever see Mike Reilly showing pain like he has the last couple games or having trouble getting up or wincing. Been doing all of this the last two games. Couple times I was saying just stay down, you done your part. There is nothing, nothing at all, that could get this putrid lineup to win.

What you saw from the Bombers is what a D looks like. We have no leadership on this club.

When you have punkasses like Williams as a supposed leader taunting the opposition before every week Its almost funny when he's down writhing in pain and the guy that put him in traction is telling him if he's ready to shut up. You can bet the licks Williams was getting throughout this game were harder due to him running his mouth pre games. He's been drilled for weeks running now.

Good as he is theres no place for showboats like that. Comes back to get you. See how jacked this Bombers club was today? They're angry at the eskimos, even for week 1. The Esks don't share the animosity because the Bombers just stick to business.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think there were 5k people left in 4th quarter. A couple K bombers fans and the rest interested booing the Esks the rest of the game.

Sad as this is, If Reilly is out now any length of time I think its the last we see of him as an Eskimo. I don't think they can redo his contract. He'll be back with the Lions. Closer to home, Hervey, and a different situation.

Reilly won't say it but he knows whats happening here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad