Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2018 v5

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
But, but $2 hotdogs
Which I should add, I was in a concession line 15 minutes before kickoff and they. stopped selling the dogs because of unexpected demand. Really? Unexpected?
Said please wait 25 -20 minutes for more
They didn’t have enough, really? I don’t know how many people were there but on tv it looked like one of the smallest crowds of the year.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Well boys- its a triple coiler on high heat but don't expect anybody to get fired. There's just too much of a sense of privilege that starts with the BOD.

How many games is that where we have scored less than 7 points in the second half?

Weren't you just scolding me the other day for having nothing good to say about the team?

yep, turns out you were, heres the post;

"Have you ever had a nice word to say about anybody in the Eskimo organization--past or present?"​
MoontoScott, Thursday at 8:22 AM

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
But, but $2 hotdogs
Which I should add, I was in a concession line 15 minutes before kickoff and they. stopped selling the dogs because of unexpected demand. Really? Unexpected?
Said please wait 25 -20 minutes for more

Len Rhodes couldn't organize a gang bang in a brothel. Lloyd Christmas thinks this guy is a moron.

We're in line at the concession and my buddy says "wanna bet that they're out of hot dogs?" Sure enough. The stupidity that permeates this organization at every possible level continues to defy all imagination.

Rhodes, Sunderland, Maas, Reed, Maciocia, Higgins, Lelacheur, Lowe, MacTavish, Katz, Eakins, Pocklington...how the f*** is it even possible that all these people could find themselves running the town's pro sports teams in the span of 25 years? The odds are astronomical. Find one city in North America infested with even a fraction of the stupidity that we've had to endure here for 25 years. Find one. You can't. Not even Cleveland can match this track record.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hot Dog outage?

its this guys fault;

ilovehotdogs1.jpg

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Rhodes, Sunderland, Maas, Reed, Maciocia, Higgins, Lelacheur, Lowe, MacTavish, Katz, Eakins, Pocklington...how the **** is it even possible that all these people could find themselves running the town's pro sports teams in the span of 25 years? The odds are astronomical. Find one city in North America infested with even a fraction of the stupidity that we've had to endure here for 25 years. Find one. You can't. Not even Cleveland can match this track record.
This won’t be a popular response but I think we’re to blame for this. We keep supporting these assholes who do as little as they possibly can and charge as much as they possibly can for it. There’s no incentive for them to do better because, year after year, we put up with it. We’re told we’re lucky to have them. Fans in other cities stay away when it stops being worth it. We don’t.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Weren't you just scolding me the other day for having nothing good to say about the team?

yep, turns out you were, heres the post;

"Have you ever had a nice word to say about anybody in the Eskimo organization--past or present?"​
MoontoScott, Thursday at 8:22 AM

Everybody scolds you, don't they?

Whether its Oilers, Eskimos or half time guests all your hubris sounds the same.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Everybody scolds you, don't they?

Whether its Oilers, Eskimos or half time guests all your hubris sounds the same.

hey, I get along with the vast majority of people on this board, just not you.

You take shots for no reason. I'm just responding to it.

you could own it, but I doubt it.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
hey, I get along with the vast majority of people on this board, just not you.

You take shots for no reason. I'm just responding to it.

you could own it, but I doubt it.

You get along with everyone on the boards? In other news, universal peace has been established in the Mid-East.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
This won’t be a popular response but I think we’re to blame for this. We keep supporting these *******s who do as little as they possibly can and charge as much as they possibly can for it. There’s no incentive for them to do better because, year after year, we put up with it. We’re told we’re lucky to have them. Fans in other cities stay away when it stops being worth it. We don’t.

I think we might see an exodus after this disaster of a season. The Grey Cup being here likely led to a lot of season ticket renewals that wouldn't have otherwise happened. I know that's the only reason I renewed this year. The organization proceeding to take a massive dump in everyone's mouth this year is surely the last straw for a lot of us.

Promote $2 hot dog night and then have massive wait times and shortages at the concessions after people decided to take advantage of the promotion. I'd be surprised, if I wasn't already accustomed to them constantly running out of hot dogs at the pre game fan fest...where one of the big attractions the flaunt is the cheap hotdogs.

Jason Maas might be one of the smarter people on the payroll of this club. Let that sink in.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I work on whyte and just realized tonight's game was $5 beer night.

This is gonna suck.

I wouldn't worry, the disgusting performance on the field seemed to kill any festive atmosphere the stadium may have had really quickly. Brutally cold night for September didn't help either. Didn't really seem to be much more drinking than normal. Droves of people leaving by midway through the third quarter too. All told, one of the top 5 most dispicable evenings I've ever endured at Commonwealth at the hands of this franchise.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I wouldn't worry, the disgusting performance on the field seemed to kill any festive atmosphere the stadium may have had really quickly. Brutally cold night for September didn't help either. Didn't really seem to be much more drinking than normal. Droves of people leaving by midway through the third quarter too. All told, one of the top 5 most dispicable evenings I've ever endured at Commonwealth at the hands of this franchise.

Somebody needs to explain to Len Rhodes that winning is everything because when the team isnt winning nothing else matters. Not even $2 hotdogs.

Reactions: Summary

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Somebody needs to explain to Len Rhodes that winning is everything because when the team isnt winning nothing else matters. Not even $2 hotdogs.
It’s a wasted effort. This is the guy who took money out of the football budget to put into promotions one year. Anybody who’d think doing that is okay is a lost cause. I’d love to see what the attendance was before the slick marketing guy was hired and where it’s gone each year since. I don’t think he’s been a good investment.

Reactions: Summary

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It’s a wasted effort. This is the guy who took money out of the football budget to put into promotions one year. Anybody who’d think doing that is okay is a lost cause. I’d love to see what the attendance was before the slick marketing guy was hired and where it’s gone each year since. I don’t think he’s been a good investment.

I agree.

The real problem is that this slick marketing guy is also the Football Ops decision maker.
Seriously...how did that happen?

Its one thing to 'F' up marketing but when you run the football side of things and you have no experience someone needs to be accountable for that hire. Its indefensible yet no one seems to care all that much.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The thing is that once upon a time, if you asked someone "who is the Eskimo President" half of the EE fans would say "I don't know" but now most of them know him well and that's not good. He is the centerpiece of the team but not a football guy. We need a football ops guy at the top of the food chain who is center stage, not a marketing guy.

Well, no matter what you think of Maas, I don't think he will be going anywhere. He's not a great coach and I think that the talent level he has to work with is competent if not exceptional. Look at what the T-Cats gave done with a roster that is not as strong. They blew the Lions out yesterday in a critical situation. We got blown out in a critical situation at home. I don't dislike Maas but facts are facts. Having said that he will be around for a few more seasons, like it or not.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Wow, that was embarrassing. The shit cherry on top of a shit run of weeks for this team. I can’t think of one guy that stood out and played well. And a single solitary field goal , on home field, against another struggling team that was injury riddled and ripe for the pickings is hard to fathom in a league where you should be able to garner 3 points by accident. This loss was devastating in a number of ways, the largest being a loss of confidence going forward.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The thing is that once upon a time, if you asked someone "who is the Eskimo President" half of the EE fans would say "I don't know" but now most of them know him well and that's not good. He is the centerpiece of the team but not a football guy. We need a football ops guy at the top of the food chain who is center stage, not a marketing guy.

Well, no matter what you think of Maas, I don't think he will be going anywhere. He's not a great coach and I think that the talent level he has to work with is competent if not exceptional. Look at what the T-Cats gave done with a roster that is not as strong. They blew the Lions out yesterday in a critical situation. We got blown out in a critical situation at home. I don't dislike Maas but facts are facts. Having said that he will be around for a few more seasons, like it or not.

I think it’s a bit of chicken and egg. I don’t hold the roster in as high an esteem as you do, but Maas and his gang should definitely be getting more out of this group than he has.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I think it’s a bit of chicken and egg. I don’t hold the roster in as high an esteem as you do, but Maas and his gang should definitely be getting more out of this group than he has.[/QUOT

When we look at the roster I would say the following:

Receivers- banged up but over-all a talented group.
QB- A God, apparently
RB- Gable is at least adequate
Line- Adequate

You should be able to get 7 points per game.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Officially in 4th place now, and B.C. has a game in hand which, with a win would tie us record wise. We still have to play out there, and as bad as the Lions look on the road, they have a stellar home record, which should serve them well when we have to play them again.
And now, it really gets tough, having to go into Sask next weekend where the odds will heavily favour a Rider win. Followed by a tough Redblacks squad. If we win one of the next 4, that would be impressive.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I thought you were referring to the overall team, sorry. But yes, offensively I think a large part of the problem is being held back schematically. Not to mention the pass plays that our receivers are forced to run in traffic that is getting them killed one by one.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
This is such a poorly run team it's laughable. Maas should've been left in Calgary last year and he still can't coach worth a damn.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

The Edmonton Eskimos Attendance on CFLdb Statistics

This is a good site for attendance figures. Or the best out there in anycase. Over the last decade annual attendance is down around 5K. since 2005 its down 10K.

Important to note things like ticket prices being relatively stable over the time. No major increase so its not like the Esks are making more money from increased ticket prices.

Last night in pretty much a must win home game with playoff implications the Esks drew 28K sold. From the look of the stadium a lot of people didn't even go to the game.

Finally I think any view of attendance figures should take into account that Metropolitan Edmonton Population has gone up around 600K. In the peak attendance years for this franchise the population in the area was around 700K. Now its 1.3K You'd think attendance and demand would go up like it has for the NHL team.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The Edmonton Eskimos Attendance on CFLdb Statistics

This is a good site for attendance figures. Or the best out there in anycase. Over the last decade annual attendance is down around 5K. since 2005 its down 10K.

Important to note things like ticket prices being relatively stable over the time. No major increase so its not like the Esks are making more money from increased ticket prices.

Last night in pretty much a must win home game with playoff implications the Esks drew 28K sold. From the look of the stadium a lot of people didn't even go to the game.

Finally I think any view of attendance figures should take into account that Metropolitan Edmonton Population has gone up around 600K. In the peak attendance years for this franchise the population in the area was around 700K. Now its 1.3K You'd think attendance and demand would go up like it has for the NHL team.

I’m going to guess that a lot of new immigrants to the country and city in particular really don’t have a lot of interest in CFL football. But there are also way more entertainment options available now, viewing options are also there 100% which wasn’t the case a while ago, and weather can influence attendance greatly in an outdoor venue

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Looking at the game yesterday was interesting in that you could point out about half a dozen Bombers defenders that are just dominant, and to be feared players. That make huge impacts and effectively tilted the playing field.

Guys like Bighill, Sayles, Loffler, Santos-Knox, Fog, Roe, Gaitor, Fenner etc.

The Bombers just have more, and better big play guys.

On the Esks the list would be Sherritt, Boateng, Sewell, (declining0 and Grymes (Declining) and with nobody really that intimidates QB's. We got hardly any pressure and the few times we did we missed sacking Nichols.
Sure, tactically we lose games and ought to have thrown more pressure at Nichols but we don't even have enough premium personnel to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad