Proposal: Edmonton - Buffalo

YourARumour

Jan 27, 2009
Cheechem
To Edm - Sam Reinhart (3.65m) RFA

To Buffalo - 2020 1st or Phillip Broberg, Markus Granlund (1.3m) UFA, 2021 3rd, Patrick Russel (700k) UFA

-I know Buffalo does not want to remove a key forward from their line up but this return will help them boost their rebuild or they can flip the key assist in the deal to address other needs.

-Edmonton gets a winger to play with McDavid that should complete that top line with either Neal / Kassian on the other side

- Cap works for this year for both sides

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017
It would prob have to be both Broberg and 1st(top 15 protected) for reinhart and small dump maybe

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It's a fair trade and adresses a big need... but I currently consider Broberg untouchable right now.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

To Buffalo - 2020 1st or Phillip Broberg, Markus Granlund (1.3m) UFA, 2021 3rd, Patrick Russel (700k) UFA

-I know Buffalo does not want to remove a key forward from their line up but this return will help them boost their rebuild or they can flip the key assist in the deal to address other needs.

-Edmonton gets a winger to play with McDavid that should complete that top line with either Neal / Kassian on the other side

Value is awful for Buffalo and it doesn't even address a need. Edmonton and Buffalo make poor trade partners

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I dont think the Holland would give up last years 8th OA, a 1st and 2021 3rd for a player that's going to want around 7m this summer.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Horrendous and I'm not even a big Reinhart fan.

You are asking 1 of the 3 teams in the league that most needs top 6 Fs to give up 1 of the 4 they have and you are offering roster jetsam or a mid-late 1st or a D prospect (for a team that doesn't need D prospect).

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
What does the deal do for Buffalo exactly? I’m seeing a good RFA go for a good prospect and a couple throw ins.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
No more proposals for Eichel or Reinhart.

The Sabres need to add forward talent, not trade away their best two forwards at age 24.

Reactions: Eichel9

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I dont think the Holland would give up last years 8th OA, a 1st and 2021 3rd for a player that's going to want around 7m this summer.
Based on the skinner contract he might get near 10 million long term.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Really??

Eichel>Draisaitl
Reinhart>RNH
Imo

There are maybe 3 guys in the NHL that are better than Draisaitl, and Eichel, while very good, isn’t one of them.

Draisaitl at 8.5 > Eichel at 10

RNH gets no respect but he’s a heck of a player in his own right.

There’s absolutely zero reason for Edmonton to deal Draisaitl to anyone for anything.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
There are maybe 3 guys in the NHL that are better than Draisaitl, and Eichel, while very good, isn’t one of them.

Draisaitl at 8.5 > Eichel at 10

RNH gets no respect but he’s a heck of a player in his own right.

There’s absolutely zero reason for Edmonton to deal Draisaitl to anyone for anything.
Overrating Drais a bit, but I like the enthusiasm. There are a lot of reasons to trade him for "anything" as well. I think they'll sneak in, but it will be fun to watch if Edm has the top two scorers in the league and misses the playoffs. They aren't far from Buffalo in terms of needed a massive shakeup.

Reactions: mouz135

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Overrating Drais a bit, but I like the enthusiasm. There are a lot of reasons to trade him for "anything" as well. I think they'll sneak in, but it will be fun to watch if Edm has the top two scorers in the league and misses the playoffs. They aren't far from Buffalo in terms of needed a massive shakeup.

About the last thing the Oilers need is a “massive shakeup”, whether they miss the playoffs or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad