LeBrun: Edmonton and New Jersey are the leading suitors for Jack Campbell

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I feel bad for McDavid, Campbell is not a #1...
Of the nhl starter goalies with over 38 games played last season, Campbell is 14 (out of 32). He’s a number 1 statistically but he’s not a high end one. Koskinen was 27th out of 32 so it’s a step in the right direction assuming Campbell can achieve similar results behind an arguably weaker defensive team

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Campbell has to be a step up on Koskinen and Smith. It would be great if the Oilers could land a guy like Hellebuyck but what are the odds on that?

Reactions: PuckG

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Not really statistically, unless you don't include games played. He always seems to be injured physically or mentally.

What goalie has been a #1 without ever having played 50 games?

Career wise, his stats are similar to Casey DeSmith, same age too. Casey DeSmith just signed for 1.8M X 2 - so how Campbell is worth 5M X 5.. makes no sense.

Shesterkin **if you excuse his 3 extra games

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
He would be an upgrade for the Oilers but definitely not the most ideal. There are not many top goalies in the league to begin with though and it is easier said then done trying to acquire them.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Campbell can play really well. I think when he struggles it's 95% mental. Just gotta get his mindset right and he can be a top 10 goalie. There aren't really any better options out there IMO this offseason.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Shesterkin **if you excuse his 3 extra games

Shesterkin won the vezina though and put up way better career numbers than Campbell.

Campbell and DeSmith are the same age with the same career numbers (DeSmith having .001 better save percentage over his career) and DeSmith just signed as a UFA for 1.8M x 2. Yet, Campbell will get 5M+ X 5? It doesn’t make sense to me. Unless the name recognition from Toronto increases your value that much.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Shesterkin won the vezina though and put up way better career numbers than Campbell.

Campbell and DeSmith are the same age with the same career numbers (DeSmith having .001 better save percentage over his career) and DeSmith just signed as a UFA for 1.8M x 2. Yet, Campbell will get 5M+ X 5? It doesn’t make sense to me. Unless the name recognition from Toronto increases your value that much.

the statement question was, who's a #1 without playing 50 games in a season?

the answer, if you accept 53 gp, is Shesterkin

that is all i said

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad