LeBrun: Edmonton and New Jersey are the leading suitors for Jack Campbell

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Potentially Darcy Kuemper, And will probably be a little cheaper.
Possibly, but IMO, Kuemper isn’t any better, he just played for a stacked team in Colorado. EDM isn’t as stacked. If Kuemper is that good, Colorado won’t let him go.

My point is more that goalies good enough to win a cup with a flawed team are hard to come by.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
Why does it seem like all these Maple Leafs players are "mentally weak", leave the team, and then find big game success almost immediately with their new org.

There must be something in the water in Southern Ontario.

• Haha
Reactions: shadow1

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Why does it seem like all these Maple Leafs players are "mentally weak", leave the team, and then find big game success almost immediately with their new org.

There must be something in the water in Southern Ontario.
I don't recall this list of mentally weak players you speak of.
Care to elaborate?

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
damn, players would be happier with a cup than without? big if true
Yes I understand as a oiler fan that hasn't had success in what 3 decades or are least close ... I understand why you don't get this .. haha jk just chirping

bringbacktheblack604

Jun 1, 2022
Oilers about to get another big piece from toronto for free.
I dunno man, the leafs Dcore is far superior to the Oilers this could very well end up like what happened once Grubs left your avs.
Jack seems like a super nice guy but looked like a guy that can't handle the workload of a starter physically and mentally. Goalies need to be able to stow their shit but this guy can't get out of his own head. Add the pressure of a big fat contract and some media worse than Toronto and a city that only has the Oilers and it could get nasty real quick.

NJ would be a better fit between the two and they have a much better dcore with Sig and Severson and some nice young guys coming up.
Ideally tho a tandem would be best, but I got a feeling the Oilers will find a way to clear some cap to throw a Marky or slightly less type of deal, even tho he's not deserving of a number that pays him like a 60-65 game goalie.

bringbacktheblack604

Jun 1, 2022
for those that are saying that Edmonton and NJ shouldn't sign Campbell then at least come up with a better solution to there goalie situations.

:shakehead
Fair point but and is a lesson on why teams really need to draft goalies on a regular basis, guys like Demko, the Russians in NY, Sarros etc usually only become available once they are 29-30 or got replaced internally for a younger, cheaper guy on teams that put an onus on goaltending.
Is Blackwood really not an option anymore? When healthy he seemed pretty Good
As far as options, Gibson, Varlemov, Keumper, Talbot if MAF stays or vice versa if MAF leaves all seem like better options imo
Oilers had there chance to draft the kid from Sweden who very well might get some games sooner than later. Jake Allen if he becomes available is a better option too imo.

Holls Blackmail

“We’re not…how you say….pu*** boys here”
Oct 9, 2021
Toronto media bubble is soooo great.
And he obviously couldn't handle it. Both places aren't exactly known for glorious weather appealing to young-ish people. Not a knock, I like dark and cold. And Jersey? Come on. Ah?

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
$$$$$$$ They haven't the cap space.

I really don't think so. They're probably going to spend close to what he'll get on a different goalie.

Campbell said he really wants to be in Toronto. There's been no negotiations. If they wanted him, they would be making some kind of attempt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad