Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1657125490009.png

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
while Campbell scares me a bit, the Devils don't really have many options at this point. They can't go into the year with Blackwood as the 1A again.

I'd be fine with like, 3 x $5 for Campbell

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
while Campbell scares me a bit, the Devils don't really have many options at this point. They can't go into the year with Blackwood as the 1A again.

I'd be fine with like, 3 x $5 for Campbell
If that’s the offer I think Blackwood will be the Devils 1A again. Campbell will probably get at least 5x5, a bunch of teams need a goalie.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Campbell's inconsistency and how he struggles with the game mentally at times scares me and I have zero faith our shitty goalie coach will be able to help him through that.

After years of Koskinen and Smith I'd be happy with consistent game in game out goaltending that rarely steals games but also rarely implodes.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Campbell is capable of being a great keeper, but as the Oilers poster above points out, he tends to get into his own head and struggle with consistency issues. The Campbell we got before and after Christmas were like Jekyll and Hyde. With that said, I think he might be a good pickup for a team that has a reliable backup he can share the load with.

Reactions: Duffman955

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Oilers about to get another big piece from toronto for free.

I feel bad for McDavid, Campbell is not a #1...

Campbell is capable of being a great keeper, but as the Oilers poster above points out, he tends to get into his own head and struggle with consistency issues. The Campbell we got before and after Christmas were like Jekyll and Hyde. With that said, I think he might be a good pickup for a team that has a reliable backup he can share the load with.

...Campbell is Reimer; can be great in stints but isn't a star #1 Goalie...

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Edm should go after Kuempfer. Be rolling the dice big time on Campbell who hasn't proven much when it counts...

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Is it fair to say he probably doesn’t do much better in Edmonton than he did in Toronto? Similar defense and structure, right?

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I mean they supposedly have interest in Husso, MAF, Kuemper...they won't come cheap.
Supposedly; lets see if they can get any of them.

I wouldn't trust the goaltending judgement of a team that lets go Freddie Anderson for nothing to get Mrazek; when two smarter teams in Colorado and Carolina both went after Anderson.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Is it fair to say he probably doesn’t do much better in Edmonton than he did in Toronto? Similar defense and structure, right?
From what i've seen Jack's greatest struggles are mainly his own confidence and emotions. When he gets himself in a funk it gets ugly.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
if I were considering him I would wonder why the Leafs, who know him better and are desperate for a goalie, don't seem to have interest

You know - some GMs just don't think like this and I feel like a lot of mistakes could be avoided if they did

Leafs don't want him because he's injury prone, inconsistent, and not a true #1 you can rely on.

Reactions: Reddwit

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Campbell not a starter about to get paid starter money and play starter amount of games...what can possibly go wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad