Pre-Game Talk: Edm v Ott 3 Game Series Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Oilers don't have much wiggle room. Need to continue to take all the points from the Sens.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Shore in for Kahun is unfortunate.

Sitting Bouchard and Jones in games vs Ottawa is unfortunate.

I agree that not having Kahun and Bouchard playing sucks but how exactly is having Jones out of the lineup a bad thing?

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
- No Bouch
- Both Russells in
- Kahun out for Shore

Yuck. Horrible decisisons. Of course we will end up winning, and Tippett will just get further entrenched in these decisions lol.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Defensively Barrie and Bear have been about equal at 5 on 5 I’d say.
If you look at the entire year, sure. Current Bear? No, not even close. Bear needs to have more than one game where he can not be awful before we should again toss him on the top pair. His last game with Nurse was abysmal

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
If you look at the entire year, sure. Current Bear? No, not even close. Bear needs to have more than one game where he can not be awful before we should again toss him on the top pair. His last game with Nurse was abysmal

I think Bear was decent at points last game - but fair enough if you want to continue easing him in. I don't think a Russel - Bear pairing would go great though, if you want to keep the Swedes together.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Oilers don't have much wiggle room. Need to continue to take all the points from the Sens.
It makes me happier when we consistently take calgarys lunch money.

Smitty in tonight , I figured he was gonna go kosko tonight smity fri kos sat cause I figured he'd have Smith both Calgary games n prob 6 o the next 9 after van

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Defensively Barrie and Bear have been about equal at 5 on 5 I’d say.
Nurse and Bear together so we can see if Nurse's confidence can be crushed when that pairing gets hemmed in for extended periods... eventually getting scored on... multiple times ?

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
- No Bouch
- Both Russells in
- Kahun out for Shore

Yuck. Horrible decisisons. Of course we will end up winning, and Tippett will just get further entrenched in these decisions lol.
But if we win, are they really bad decisions?
upload_2021-3-10_11-59-42.jpeg

Reactions: Giggleplex and TB12

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Nurse and Bear together so we can see if Nurse's confidence can be crushed when that pairing gets hemmed in for extended periods... eventually getting scored on... multiple times ?
Why are we acting like that wasn’t our best pairing last season? When Bear is playing well that duo is much better than Nurse - Barrie.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Last 5 game average for Bear
Teams average in brackets

Corsi% 51.33 (61.19)
SF% 41.43 (55.99)
xGF% 45.8 (53.32)

So the teams average over the last 5 games has been quite positive, but outside of possession numbers, Bear has been below that. And that's with mostly playing on the third pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad