Pre-Game Talk: Edm v Ott 3 Game Series Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Does anything go right for us? Always an injury or something when a guy looks to be doing well. Lags is out in the abyss somewhwre after they said he was so close a week ago. Turris has his best game as an oiler and he's on covid protocol

Reactions: Cloned

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
It all just depends on Nuge and the bottom 6. Last year, the bottom 6 would get caved in and bled goals. This year, they are doing much better.

Ottawa is 7-5 since last playing the Oilers.
Last year overall we were as good if not better according to the only stat that matters. Wins.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I would like to see what the current North division standings are if the NHL was using the Euro 3-points-for-regulation-wins system and if the League wasn't perpetually rewarding teams that get lucky in overtime/shoot-outs.

Yeah, the line-up is getting better but I think Bouchard has got to play, and Bear could probably sit for a while (I love him, but he needs to get sorted).

A thought: Could Haas play with RNH and JP? I really think Haas is a smart, largely mistake-free, high IQ player. Now, I don't know if he has enough finish to merit 2nd-line duty, but he certainly has the speed and the smarts.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
I would like to see what the current North division standings are if the NHL was using the Euro 3-points-for-regulation-wins system and if the League wasn't perpetually rewarding teams that get lucky in overtime/shoot-outs.

Yeah, the line-up is getting better but I think Bouchard has got to play, and Bear could probably sit for a while (I love him, but he needs to get sorted).

A thought: Could Haas play with RNH and JP? I really think Haas is a smart, largely mistake-free, high IQ player. Now, I don't know if he has enough finish to merit 2nd-line duty, but he certainly has the speed and the smarts.
I suggested haas with draisaitl.
Haas can carry the puck well

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Good question

W-OT/SO-OTL-L

Toronto 16-2-2-7 54pts
Edmonton 15-1-0-11 47pts
Winnipeg 11-5-1-8 44pts
Montreal 11-0-7-6 40pts
Vancouver 10-2-2-15 36pts
Calgary 9-2-3-12 34pts
Ottawa 5-4-1-18 25pts

So it's pretty close to what it is now but Edmonton jumps to 2nd

3pts reg win
2pt OT/shootout win
1pt ot/shootout loss

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Gotta have room for Russel somehow.
They do have room for Russell.

If Lags is still banged up I could see not inserting him.

But theres zero reason if hes healthy to not atleast get him back in one of these next 2 games, same with Bouchard.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Still a little weird seeing Kahun sat.
Not the biggest fan of him but I don't think he is worth sitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad