Confirmed Trade: [EDM/TOR] 2020 conditional 7th round pick for Nolan Vesey

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Nolan Vesey was my 38th ranked prospect in the Toronto organization.

I'm shocked he got an ELC. I don't think there was a chance of him getting an ELC if he was an UFA.

Reactions: StrBender

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
^such is the nature of fans though....most of us aren't scouts and ours have heavily scouted the guy before any contract is handed out so there's likely more to his game than just the stats. and with most of these guys we all go by stats. and although his aren't the greatest i have ever seen they aren't the worst i have ever seen either. i have to think that the Oilers believe there's more for this guy to give down the road so they took a chance on him.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Some Leafs fans maintain that Leivo would be a top six forward if given the chance. Unfortunately the guy is a poor skater.

The fact that the dude is 25 and has never played more than 16 games in an NHL season is irrelevant.
His skating i honestly not bad.

He's far from the best on the team, but not a poor skater.
It's been a major part of his training while scratched and when played, it's shown.
He's not fast, but he can keep up.

Reactions: leospaceman3434

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017

It's been a major part of his training while scratched and when played, it's shown.

Yeah, Leivo is an average skater. He's not that bad.

I can see him putting up 40 points at some point over the next couple of years, if he's given a shot.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Interesting, thanks. He must have improved a bit from my viewings of him / he looked like a poor man’s Maroon.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Some Leafs fans maintain that Leivo would be a top six forward if given the chance. Unfortunately the guy is a poor skater.

The fact that the dude is 25 and has never played more than 16 games in an NHL season is irrelevant.

Tack on the fact he's now missed a year of NHL/AHL experience sitting in the press box... but he is just gonna step in next year and be a star for us. Right. And how many times did he get passed on depth chart by other call ups this year? He was a pressbox asset because he couldn't be an AHL asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad