Proposal: EDM-STL

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
As an Oilers fan and and and unpopular one on the oilers forums, Klefbom might be the most overrated player on the oilers. He gets hurt a lot he is wildly inconsistent, a quarter of the season he looks like a solid really good #2 Dman, half the season he is okay to meh and a quarter he looks like the worst dman on the team and is atrocious.

Klefbom is not in Paryakos (yeah i misplled) realm imo

Klefbom does have a good contract for todays nhl i will agree with that.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I looked up those stats and was surprised. Parayko averages almost 20 games more a season than Klefbom. Is that guy just injury prone? Odd that he only seems to hit about 60-62 games per season.

Those numbers are a little misleading.

13-14 was mostly spent in the AHL.

14-15 he also saw AHL time.

15-16 wasn't an injury, it was a resistant strain of MRSA from lace bite and he almost lost his foot.

This year he only missed 9 games.

The last four seasons he's played 85% of the possible games, and honestly at least part of the reason he gets dinged up is because we have to play him so much.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
He absolutely has been hurt a lot. My take on Klefbom injuries are that a few were just weird, freak ones. None are the type that reoccur. Still, Klef misses games. Can't be denied.

On the flip side of that Blues fans probably have no clue just how seriously the Oilers struggle when Klefbom is out of the line up. It is noticeable. And because it happens every year it can't be explained away as something else. When Klefbom goes down the entire team struggles. That's why Oiler fans are pretty high on Klefbom. We know what a dramatic (positive) impact he has on the line up.
We've gone through this exact same thing for years with Jaden Schwartz.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
As an Oilers fan and and and unpopular one on the oilers forums, Klefbom might be the most overrated player on the oilers. He gets hurt a lot he is wildly inconsistent, a quarter of the season he looks like a solid really good #2 Dman, half the season he is okay to meh and a quarter he looks like the worst dman on the team and is atrocious.

Klefbom is not in Paryakos (yeah i misplled) realm imo

Klefbom does have a good contract for todays nhl i will agree with that.

I think you are in the tiny minority with that opinion.

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Those numbers are a little misleading.

13-14 was mostly spent in the AHL.

14-15 he also saw AHL time.

15-16 wasn't an injury, it was a resistant strain of MRSA from lace bite and he almost lost his foot.

This year he only missed 9 games.

The last four seasons he's played 85% of the possible games, and honestly at least part of the reason he gets dinged up is because we have to play him so much.

Klef also had an infection on his hand after an injury. He was told by his surgeon he couldn't wear a glove. The Oiler medical staff told him he absolutely COULD wear a glove as long as it was clean. Not long after it got re-infected. He missed more time as a result. True story.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Oh man this is perfect.

Parayko has the BluWuFlu everybody! Stay 6 feet back, wear a mask and don't propose trades for him!
Unless you’re a COVID denier, I don’t see a point of making this post.

It’s a known fact that quite a few blues players caught COVID. It’s a known fact that COVID is dangerous. It’s a known fact that many people have been left with irreparable scarring and damage in their throat and lungs because of this disease. GMs almost never trade for players who have major health questions.

Allen at least played well enough to blow away any doubt that he was compromised.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
There are a couple of threads going on right now with the Oilers trying to acquire a 1RD. I'll try to summarize here:
  • St. Louis and Florida have no reason to trade their 1RD (Parayko/Ekblad) barring an overpayment
  • Edmonton is in no position to overpay to improve from a 2D to a 1D (Klefbom to whoever)
  • Edmonton is not a Klefbom upgrade away from winning a championship, specifically swapping Klef for a RD (Means Nurse gets top line minutes)
In summary, Parayko/Ekblad are great, have more value than Klefbom and their respective teams shouldn't trade them. Klefbom has value as well as a 2D, able to play all situations.

Reactions: Blueston

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Unless you’re a COVID denier, I don’t see a point of making this post.

It’s a known fact that quite a few blues players caught COVID. It’s a known fact that COVID is dangerous. It’s a known fact that many people have been left with irreparable scarring and damage in their throat and lungs because of this disease. GMs almost never trade for players who have major health questions.

Allen at least played well enough to blow away any doubt that he was compromised.

Cool story bro, Parayko has CoronaAIDS and thus is 'damaged goods' until proven otherwise. Listen, I might need your expert testimony in trade threads involving Parayko in the future so stay frosty.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
This is bad value and does nothing to help the Blues' cap crunch. Terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad