Proposal: EDM-STL

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Not angry at all. The parayko threads just get old. Here let me trade you a lesser dman a few spare parts and a pick for parayko. We completely ignored what your team needs and just want to offer you three pieces for your one. Lol

It just gets old man. Also we/i wouldn't make outlandish offers in replay to the bad offers made.. if you all would stop making the initial bad offer. Not a hard concept

I get that... but you're talking about one, maybe two posters that are trying to pull Parayko. I've seen plenty of awful Parayko trades so I understand your frustration, but jumping to Faulk for Klef is pretty ridiculous.

Reactions: ivanlwan

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
As an Oiler fan who has said for year we should trade most of our D for upgrades . I get St Louis fans rejecting this as it bad for them .

Klefbom does have value but 1 year extra doesn’t make up the difference or a lower cap hit . This is like us trading Draisaitl for a lesser C so we could sign McDavid . There no guarantees that Pietrangelo even resign plus you move depth players for cap space and replace them at league minimum

Reactions: Colt55

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
I value Parayko more than Petro. Both are good but one is bigger, faster, and better defensively. If he were traded I would hope it would be for better value than this.

Reactions: sfvega and Colt55

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I get that... but you're talking about one, maybe two posters that are trying to pull Parayko. I've seen plenty of awful Parayko trades so I understand your frustration, but jumping to Faulk for Klef is pretty ridiculous.

Bro I get what you are saying. Its been going on since parayko entered the league. At some point it just gets tiresome.

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
What happened with Chicago doesn't apply at all. Armstrong isn't giving out Kane and Toews-type contracts.
Petro will be one and its not always about how much a contract is but how many you have. You guys have some mid range contracts but you have a lot of them.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I do enjoy comments like this. My team will just try and sign Pietrangelo then, despite being in an as bad/worse cap position than the Blues when it comes to adding that contract.
Our cap is tight as well but we would be willing to buy ourselves out of that if we had to with picks or prospects. The whole point of my post was to point out that StLouis may have to do that.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
I think teams will avoid high profile players from the Blues for now. Since quite a few did have COVID, many of them didn’t look like the same player they were before during these playoffs. Binner and Parayko are notable under-performers, so I don’t see either moving. Parayko looked gassed during the Vancouver series, so we’ll see how he rebounds during the year.

I do hope for an easy recovery though. It can’t have been easy.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I think teams will avoid high profile players from the Blues for now. Since quite a few did have COVID, many of them didn’t look like the same player they were before during these playoffs. Binner and Parayko are notable under-performers, so I don’t see either moving. Parayko looked gassed during the Vancouver series, so we’ll see how he rebounds during the year.

That would be awesome if it stopped all these bad props.

quityerwhinin

Feb 9, 2017
Petro will be one and its not always about how much a contract is but how many you have. You guys have some mid range contracts but you have a lot of them.

They aren't going to give Pietrangelo that sort of deal. Again, Armstrong is on record as saying he doesn't feel you can build and sustain a winner that way. You have to have depth. He's also on record as saying they are 2 years into what he sees as a 5 year window of opportunity to win the Cup. Zero chance he sacrifices valuable depth, much less a core piece like Parayko, so he can give Pietrangelo $9M+ a year and blow up his plans. Just not happening.

Reactions: Blueston

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

this is a scorching hot take.

Reactions: 67Blues

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Pretty sure Faulk is not in our long term plans....and he can also play the left side. We have Scandella, Dunn, Mikolla, and Perunovich on the left.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I see nothing in this trade for the Blues that really helps. Clips our D severely. And I he pick/prospect doesn’t help right away. And this big cap savings is all of 1.4 million.....

If the rosters were swapped, Oilers fans would be telling us off.

If Armstrong goes insane and decides to move him, then I think pretty much every team could beat this offer.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I see nothing in this trade for the Blues that really helps. Clips our D severely. And I he pick/prospect doesn’t help right away. And this big cap savings is all of 1.4 million.....

If the rosters were swapped, Oilers fans would be telling us off.

If Armstrong goes insane and decides to move him, then I think pretty much every team could beat this offer.
We would get a bluechip or two and a first 2020. It would be pure future with no cap coming back

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

Oh man this is perfect.

Parayko has the BluWuFlu everybody! Stay 6 feet back, wear a mask and don't propose trades for him!

Internettoughguy314

Oct 20, 2017
If the Blues ever move Parayko, it will be after the expansion draft and Seattle didn't accept our bribe to take Faulk. Or Faulk stays and Parayko is moved in a sign and trade. The Blues wont get enough value for only 2 years of Parayko to move him. After this season, if the Blues have to move him, he'll have a ton of value in a sign and trade.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Let's not go crazy here. Klefbom having an extra year and a lower cap hit has value. Parayko is excellent, certainly, but as usual Klefbom is getting underrated.
the extra year and lower cap just mitigates the missed games per season. parayko plays nearly every game every season.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
the extra year and lower cap just mitigates the missed games per season. parayko plays nearly every game every season.
I looked up those stats and was surprised. Parayko averages almost 20 games more a season than Klefbom. Is that guy just injury prone? Odd that he only seems to hit about 60-62 games per season.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I looked up those stats and was surprised. Parayko averages almost 20 games more a season than Klefbom. Is that guy just injury prone? Odd that he only seems to hit about 60-62 games per season.

He absolutely has been hurt a lot. My take on Klefbom injuries are that a few were just weird, freak ones. None are the type that reoccur. Still, Klef misses games. Can't be denied.

On the flip side of that Blues fans probably have no clue just how seriously the Oilers struggle when Klefbom is out of the line up. It is noticeable. And because it happens every year it can't be explained away as something else. When Klefbom goes down the entire team struggles. That's why Oiler fans are pretty high on Klefbom. We know what a dramatic (positive) impact he has on the line up.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
He absolutely has been hurt a lot. My take on Klefbom injuries are that a few were just weird, freak ones. None are the type that reoccur. Still, Klef misses games. Can't be denied.

On the flip side of that Blues fans probably have no clue just how seriously the Oilers struggle when Klefbom is out of the line up. It is noticeable. And because it happens every year it can't be explained away as something else. When Klefbom goes down the entire team struggles. That's why Oiler fans are pretty high on Klefbom. We know what a dramatic (positive) impact he has on the line up.
So he's your version of our Schwartz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad