Proposal: EDM-STL

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Armstrong may feel differently. Fans outside of Edmonton don't really know much about the team and underrate most of our players. Klefbom fits that description perfectly.

I feel like the average fan would watch edmonton A LOT more often than they would st louis due to the mcdavid factor so this whole "nobody knows how good our players really are cause no one watches us but we know how good everyone else's players really are" doesn't make a lick of sense.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I feel like the average fan would watch edmonton A LOT more often than they would st louis due to the mcdavid factor so this whole "nobody knows how good our players really are cause no one watches us but we know how good everyone else's players really are" doesn't make a lick of sense.
This is true but fans don’t make trades now do they. Klefbom is not worth Parayko and that is a fact, but look what Chi had to give away after they won cups. There is some pain coming for you guys sometime this season, so I would start looking at picking your poison.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
This is true but fans don’t make trades now do they. Klefbom is not worth Parayko and that is a fact, but look what Chi had to give away after they won cups. There is some pain coming for you guys sometime this season, so I would start looking at picking your poison.

First you tell me fans don't make trades then you tell me to start picking my poison? Interesting.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Now if you had Eric Brewer we might have the makings of a deal here.
7G9.gif

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015

I got Parayko trade thread bingo! A below average offer, a Colt55 reply, the "he's not worth that" to a more reasonable offer, and now the fans don't make trades platitude. Give me one of those oversized teddy bears.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I like Klefbom - a lot - but I would not trade Parayko in a deal for him. The is no measure of certainty that Pietrangelo will not choose to leave via free agency for the best deal he can get. I ,as a Blues fan , counterpropose sending you Faulk and Jordan Kyrou instead.

Faulk is a cap dump at this point and his new deal hasn't even kicked in yet. He's the sole reason the Blues are struggling to find a way to sign Pietrangelo. That was a dumb signing. 7 more years @ $6.5m... yeesh, I want no part of that. You would likely have to add more than Kyrou for any team to consider taking him at full value.

Last edited:

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
No disrespect to the caliber of player Klefbom is. But this should be an absolute non starter as a base for Parayko. There is probably no player in the league that is suited better for the usage that Parayko is put in to. Balancing out the pairings should not be the priority. Finding a solution of creating cap and then possibly finding a workable deal or role for Faulk while retaining Pietrangelo should be the Blues direction.

Trades aren’t always black and white And quantifiable nor are reactions to said deals. In a world where each player has a quantitative value would this deal be acceptable to Blues fans? More than likely no, but it’s not outlandish. What is outlandish is more so the idea that this would be beneficial to the Blues team make up, either now, or in the future.

I’m sure that we’ll have the same rodeo we are currently having in 2 years with Parayko needing a new contract. But that shouldn’t be a bridge we worry about at the moment given where our core is at.

Reactions: simon IC

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
I wouldn't want to pay that much for Parayko and not because he is not a top defenceman( not top 5 for sure but top 15 is about tight), but because he is two years from UFA and I don't think he will sign with us.

And yet Chicago still has Keith, Kane, Toews, and seabrook. You keep the players that won you the cup, which the blues would not have won without Parayko. If he is “poison” I’m chugging it.
By all accounts the guy is a humble small town kid. Edmonton is one of the few places I think he would go to if he doesn’t stay.
The talk about the additional year makes up the difference is ridiculous as well.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The other side of the coin is if StLouis does not get their cap in order, we could make a play for Petro as a UFA, so why let them off the hook by paying a huge price for Parayko?
I do enjoy comments like this. My team will just try and sign Pietrangelo then, despite being in an as bad/worse cap position than the Blues when it comes to adding that contract.

Reactions: 67Blues

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Larsson for Johnsson is about even but Puljularvi sure isn't returning 15OV.

I'd dispute this rather easily. I don't see Johnsson be worth a whole lot. Middle six guy coming off a big injury. $3.4 Million for three more years. Pass. I definitely pushed for Kapanen before the trade.

If the Leafs want to bag a top 4 RHD for Johnsson they're free to try. I can't think of any that are available for that kind of return from the Leafs.

The second part is bang on.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I like Klefbom - a lot - but I would not trade Parayko in a deal for him. The is no measure of certainty that Pietrangelo will not choose to leave via free agency for the best deal he can get. I ,as a Blues fan , counterpropose sending you Faulk and Jordan Kyrou instead.

You might be having to give up Kyrou just to get rid of that Faulk deal, now what are you giving us for Klefbom?

Pretty easy pass from the Oil.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
We don't want or need Faulk either, and we're definitely not giving up our best D for what is essentially a seven year cap dump at this point.
Let's be very clear here chaotic. An oilers fan proposed trading Kleff for parayko. Blues fans said hells to the no. Then oil fans tried to caress it into a deal. With which we replied how about faulk for klef.

Do you see the pattern or irony in this.

We are not trading parayko for your junk or lesser pieces.

This needs to be closed

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Let's be very clear here chaotic. An oilers fan proposed trading Kleff for parayko. Blues fans said hells to the no. Then oil fans tried to caress it into a deal. With which we replied how about faulk for klef.

Do you see the pattern or irony in this.

We are not trading parayko for your junk or lesser pieces.

This needs to be closed

Parayko > Klefbom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Faulk.

It's cute that you're acting like the proposals are anywhere close in value. Everyone gave you pats on the head and agreed Parayko is worth more, there's no need in insulting Klefbom by offering a boat anchor like Faulk for him.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Let me just clear the air for you.

Parayko is not available. Especially for lesser pieces

Faulk is the only rhd available. So if you don't want him then we have nothing to talk about.

We dont care how you value klef we do not need or want him.

Hopefully that makes things crystal clear. Though on a side note. If blues fans didn't have to deal with awefull proposals every deadline and off season for colt then we probably wouldn't be not so nice. Just a thought.

quityerwhinin

Feb 9, 2017

What happened with Chicago doesn't apply at all. Armstrong isn't giving out Kane and Toews-type contracts.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
As an Oiler fan I would laugh all the way to the bank with this one, which means it probably isn't a good trade overall. St. Louis will look to move salary out in a variety of other ways before moving Parayko, I don't think they would need to do that. Especially when they would still probably need to find cap space after this trade.

Reactions: Colt55

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Let me just clear the air for you.

Parayko is not available. Especially for lesser pieces

Faulk is the only rhd available. So if you don't want him then we have nothing to talk about.

We dont care how you value klef we do not need or want him.

Hopefully that makes things crystal clear. Though on a side note. If blues fans didn't have to deal with awefull proposals every deadline and off season for colt then we probably wouldn't be not so nice. Just a thought.

You seem quite angry in a thread where EVERYONE agreed that Parayko has more value than Klefbom. What more do you want? It's not like anyone is besmirching Parayko at all, so I don't understand the anger or the need to make outlandish counters.

Reactions: ivanlwan

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
You seem quite angry in a thread where EVERYONE agreed that Parayko has more value than Klefbom. What more do you want? It's not like anyone is besmirching Parayko at all, so I don't understand the anger or the need to make outlandish counters.
Not angry at all. The parayko threads just get old. Here let me trade you a lesser dman a few spare parts and a pick for parayko. We completely ignored what your team needs and just want to offer you three pieces for your one. Lol

It just gets old man. Also we/i wouldn't make outlandish offers in replay to the bad offers made.. if you all would stop making the initial bad offer. Not a hard concept

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
As an Oiler fan I would laugh all the way to the bank with this one, which means it probably isn't a good trade overall. St. Louis will look to move salary out in a variety of other ways before moving Parayko, I don't think they would need to do that. Especially when they would still probably need to find cap space after this trade.

You get it completely thanks

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Honestly I think the next move will be bozak for a pick with 1 mil retention (at most) and dunn for a 1st +.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad