Confirmed with Link: [EDM/STL] David Perron for Magnus Paajarvi + 2nd '14 | Part 2

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
JJ has according to Ny I fans looked great in a couple of games a season and disappeared for the rest. If he can pot 6-7 goals driving the net it will be good for him if looking at his earlier career. Hopes he can start to be consistent in nhl games and rough it up in the goalarea. One issue i noticed is that he going down to much for a big guy, even in contact with smaller guys (balance ?).

4th liner at most:facepalm: ! His main problem is his confident and adapting to the na game. He has the speed and size to be a great third liner, 45 p a year two way player, also could be a excellent pk er. Hes still developing his na game and when he find his confident he will be rock solid out there.

The thing is the Oilers are so thin in terms of big players who can play that Joensuu is going to get a multitude of opportunities.
Likely even some PP time.

Joensuu also missed most of last season with a sports hernia so his 23 year old year is really the last time he had any significant NHL ice time.
If he cant get 23 or more points with the opportunities he is going to get then he doesn't deserve another chance at an NHL roster.

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
Leafs fan here in peace...

I know that Perron has been great in Edmonton but STL fans and Hitchcock seem happy with MPS and his projectability and apparently there are some rumblings of Perron wanting to play for a competitor...

Anyone change their opinion on the trade based on the fact that the 2nd round Oilers pick sent to St. Louis is going to be 31-35?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The Oilers haven't had their roster positively impacted by a second round or later draft pick since 2006.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton

I know that Perron has been great in Edmonton but STL fans and Hitchcock seem happy with MPS and his projectability and apparently there are some rumblings of Perron wanting to play for a competitor...

Anyone change their opinion on the trade based on the fact that the 2nd round Oilers pick sent to St. Louis is going to be 31-35?

Really? He's accomplished absolutely nothing there, doubt he'll be on the Blues next season. And Perron's got a contract, if he wants out sucks for him. Though I haven't heard anything about that.

I assume most of us are still thrilled with the deal.

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
Really? He's accomplished absolutely nothing there, doubt he'll be on the Blues next season. And Perron's got a contract, if he wants out sucks for him. Though I haven't heard anything about that.

I assume most of us are still thrilled with the deal.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1567709
Couple posts on the Blues board, from today in fact, about Paajarvi playing well but just being burried by excellent STL depth.

You're right that Perron's got a contract that keeps him in Edmonton, but from next year it'll be a 2 year deal and if the team is still in the gutter and he gets a bit vocal you can bet there will be rumblings of "trade him before he walks on us next year."

Don't get me wrong... I think Perron's great and young/cheap enough that he is a valuable guy to build around. I'm just wondering if the fact that MPS+2nd is worth more now than it was at the time of the trade changes anyone's opinion.

A couple of the higher profile names that might be draftable there: Honka,Pastrnak,Ho-Sang,Larkin,Schmaltz,Goldobin,Scherbak,Tkachev

Last edited:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

MPS has been brutal for the Blues not sure what you're talking about

And a 32nd pick in a weak draft is no loss...Perron has been unbelievable and will most likely outproduce MPS + 2nd rounder over their careers

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Paajarvi has 6 points in 31 games and is a -6. Perron's trade value is likely higher today than Paajarvi's and a high 2nd rounder would be today.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Exactly.

But even if he did, the trade return would be far better than the equivalent of Mags + 2nd.

And that's all that matters IMO. This was a trade as of right now that got us greater value in return than what we gave up. If Perron can fetch us a top 4D or a guy like Anisimov then that's fine by me.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Every player on the Oilers wants to play for a contender. Now it's up to Mac T to build that contender so we don't lose most of our players in a few years.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1567709
Couple posts on the Blues board, from today in fact, about Paajarvi playing well but just being burried by excellent STL depth.

You're right that Perron's got a contract that keeps him in Edmonton, but from next year it'll be a 2 year deal and if the team is still in the gutter and he gets a bit vocal you can bet there will be rumblings of "trade him before he walks on us next year."

Don't get me wrong... I think Perron's great and young/cheap enough that he is a valuable guy to build around. I'm just wondering if the fact that MPS+2nd is worth more now than it was at the time of the trade changes anyone's opinion.

A couple of the higher profile names that might be draftable there: Honka,Pastrnak,Ho-Sang,Larkin,Schmaltz,Goldobin,Scherbak,Tkachev

Question, will you change your name when Gardiner asks for a trade from Toronto to a contender?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Trolls like this should be banned.

Here's what he actually said:

‏@DP_57 Jan 25
Pretty impressed with the outdoor game at dodger stadium! Wonder what the players think about the ice condition. + don't mind kings' jerseys
Oh c'mon, pretty obvious that Dubnykov was joking/mocking the Leafs fan.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Oh c'mon, pretty obvious that Dubnykov was joking/mocking the Leafs fan.

Pretty much. The one thing that I don't get is why this Leafs fan is so concerned about this trade? It's clear that we did very well in this trade (this coming for a big fan of Paajarvi).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad