Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
tenor.gif

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
Seemed apparent he wasn't going to sign in Edmonton so happy to get a 6th back assuming he signs. Has developed nicely for a 6th rounder so for Pittsburgh its like getting a few years of positive development for free.

Reactions: Riptide

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He was so far down the organizational depth chart. Good for him, he’s a good player.

But with these guys all ahead of him, he likely wouldn’t have signed anyways:
Bouchard
Broberg
Samorukov
Jones
Bear
Laggesson
Persson
Day
Berglund

Our D prospect pipeline is utterly stacked, only the Avs I would say has a better D prospect pool. Marino hopefully gets a better chance in PIT. Wish the kid nothing but the best.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
There was zero room for Marino, as he was way down in the prospect pool.

Happy to get a 6th for him.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Gunna guess that he wasn’t going to sign in Edmonton.

He was completely buried on the organizational D chart.

This was better for his career, he’ll have a much better chance cracking an AHL roster on Pittsburgh than he would the Oilers AHL roster on D.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Or he didn’t want to sign with the oilers and was planning on going to free agency.
4 years since draft year so he should become a ufa in August. Unlikely to sign this season. Has another year left at Harvard as he played in the USHL after he was drafted.

Better to finish the Harvard degree and sign at the end of the season and then burn an elc year. He’s going to need time in the A when he turns pro with no guarantee of an nhl future.

Reviewing his stats he dropped like 23/24 points in his +/- this past year. Massive drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad