Proposal: EDM-PHI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I'd do it and replace Provorov Konecny and Hart through gming.

Kuemper from AZ to replace Hart
Schmidt/Dumba (if those teams are out) to replace Provorov. Myers and Sanheim would have to step up to

Konecny replace internally by committee with Lindblom/Farabee/etc.

There's probably some tangible loss in quality in those areas but McDAVID
Always entertained when folks talk like the NHL is EA Sports.

Replace through gming.

:thumbu:

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Always entertained when folks talk like the NHL is EA Sports.

Replace through gming.

:thumbu:

I can understand an oilers fan not being too familiar with the idea. But winning franchises do it all the time.

Example - Nashville going through Suter, Weber, Hamhius, Jones, Subban and still having a top 5 D core in the league

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I can understand an oilers fan not being too familiar with the idea. But winning franchises do it all the time.

Example - Nashville going through Suter, Weber, Hamhius, Jones, Subban and still having a top 5 D core in the league
What I mean is I think it's funny when people just talk about making trades with whatever teams and players they can think of like it's just that easy to flip anyone and everyone. Like it's EA Sports. "Probably some tangible loss of quality" is a massive understatement.

Because why would Vancouver trade Schmidt? He's exactly what the team needs more of.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
What I mean is I think it's funny when people just talk about making trades with whatever teams and players they can think of like it's just that easy to flip anyone and everyone. Like it's EA Sports. "Probably some tangible loss of quality" is a massive understatement.

Because why would Vancouver trade Schmidt? He's exactly what the team needs more of.

Perhaps they're falling out of the playoff race and don't want to lose him to Seattle with no compensation, who knows

Or maybe they don't want to trade Schmidt but Arizona wants to trade OEL or New York wants to trade DeAngelo

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Perhaps they're falling out of the playoff race and don't want to lose him to Seattle

Or maybe they don't want to trade Schmidt but Arizona wants to trade OEL, who knows
I'll definitely concede to your example of Nashville. Though I think they're the gold standard of defensive development. How many teams can say they've traded away three legit #1 guys in the last 9 years and still have a group like that? It's disgusting

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Flyers licking their lips to have Elliott as their #1 goalie

And lose a top Dman

And their top scorer from last year

And their Selke winning #1C from last year

This is an easy no from the Flyers.

This is literally what you’re looking at. Couts is pretty valuable all on his own at this point. Selke guys are very important to cup winning teams. Never mind, TK, Provy, and Hart.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
This is what it would take for me to be happy with a McDavid trade. There's been a lot of them on here lately.

:edmonton

Travis Konecy
Sean Couturier
Ivan Provorov
Carter Hart

:flyers

Connor McDavid
James Neal

Oilers get a 1W, a stellar 2C behind Draisaitl, a 1LHD and a 1A Goaltender

Philly gets the best player on the planet and James Neal to keep the money close.

This is an overpayment from the Flyers perspective but that is the only thing that makes sense when talking about moving McDavid.
and this is why in a cap league, it's very hard to get equal value for a superstar. philly guts its team for this, and easily says no

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Yeah, I am definitely asking for the best pieces from the Flyers. All of them are great players. The trade is totally lopsided in favor of Edmonton. That is what I think it would take for it to be worth it for the Oilers.

I get the ask but I think it fair if you drop one of the pieces and take Neal out

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I get the ask but I think it fair if you drop one of the pieces and take Neal out

It would have to be a $5-6 Million dollar piece if Neal got dropped, because the deal as stated is within a million bucks. Heh regardless if we are talking realism this trade would have to be completely revamped.

staveNsteel

Jan 18, 2021
Flyers finally have a great 1C, their #1G, a young stud 1D AND a 1RW... All home grown I may add, and they're going to ship it all off for McD, jersey sales, and huge holes. McDavid would be moving to a similar situation in Philly with holes everywhere after that move.

100% if McDavid became available, you make an offer, but you don't gut the team when they're in a position to contend to do it.

Few teams have the depth to pull this deal off.. maybe the Rangers?!

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Just to take a slightly different tact. Mcdavid is clearly better than couturier. But that difference, however dramatic it may be, is not konecny provorov and hart. I’d argue that couturier and those three trump mcdavid and three replacement level players fairly easily.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
As good as McDavid is, teams attempting to win a cup don’t move players like Couturier, Provorov, or Hart. They’re the 3 most important players in Philly’s organization. Not saying Edmonton shouldn’t ask for them but this would be the type of offer I’d expect from the Flyers.

Nolan Patrick
Joel Farabee
Cam York
JVR
2021 1st
2022 1st
2023 1st

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Mcdavid is the one player for whom I would think of including Hart in a deal but the rest of the package doesn't even work if the second player is drai. I get that it's basically saying there truly is no such thing as untouchable but no one would ever consider this deal

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
McDavid is McDavid but that package contains a #1 at every position and all relatively young at that. i would rather have that package.

Reactions: TFHockey

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
maybe it's time to call in @Hunter368 especially since the OP even said it's an overpayment. This convo can't go anywhere more than it has...lol.

It totally is, and the proposal was simply what it would take for me to consider the Oilers to "win" a McDavid trade. It'd have to be a homerun.

In all honesty the most of the posts against this trade have been pretty reasonable. Comments pointing out Philly shouldn't gut their team even to acquire McDavid are totally valid. There's been a few melodramatic replies but really everyone has been pretty fair in their opposition to it.

There was one poster who thought it favored Philly. I don't see that at all, man.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It totally is, and the proposal was simply what it would take for me to consider the Oilers to "win" a McDavid trade. It'd have to be a homerun.

In all honesty the most of the posts against this trade have been pretty reasonable. Comments pointing out Philly shouldn't gut their team even to acquire McDavid are totally valid. There's been a few melodramatic replies but really everyone has been pretty fair in their opposition to it.

There was one poster who thought it favored Philly. I don't see that at all, man.
That poster was a NJ fan though. What does he know.

;)

Reactions: TFHockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad