Proposal: EDM-PHI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
This is what it would take for me to be happy with a McDavid trade. There's been a lot of them on here lately.

:edmonton

Travis Konecy
Sean Couturier
Ivan Provorov
Carter Hart

:flyers

Connor McDavid
James Neal

Oilers get a 1W, a stellar 2C behind Draisaitl, a 1LHD and a 1A Goaltender

Philly gets the best player on the planet and James Neal to keep the money close.

This is an overpayment from the Flyers perspective but that is the only thing that makes sense when talking about moving McDavid.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Can't imagine thinking that is a fair deal. Usually this Oilers poster is one of their more reasonable ones. This is brutal.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
This is what it would take for me to be happy with a McDavid trade. There's been a lot of them on here lately.

Travis Konecy
Sean Couturier
Ivan Provorov
Carter Hart

Connor McDavid
James Neal

Philly gets the best player on the planet and James Neal to keep the money close.

This is an overpayment from the Flyers perspective but that is the only thing that makes sense when talking about moving McDavid.
All of that and you throw in Neal... lol

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Can't imagine thinking that is a fair deal. Usually this Oilers poster is one of their more reasonable ones. This is brutal.

Yeah, I know this isn't fair. It is an overpayment from the Flyers. I have just noted that there have been a few McDavid proposals made that really don't help the Oilers much. If the trade isn't a home run for Edmonton, why on earth would they ever trade McDavid? So here is my reply. I don't expect Flyer fans to like it much, but for me this is what it would take.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Yeah, I know this isn't fair. It is an overpayment from the Flyers. I have just noted that there have been a few McDavid proposals made that really don't help the Oilers much. If the trade isn't a home run for Edmonton, why on earth would they ever trade McDavid? So here is my reply. I don't expect Flyer fans to like it much, but for me this is what it would take.
It's not just the ask for McDavid. Dumping Neal is worth at least a 1st as well. Fair value would be something like 2 of those pieces and dumping Neal. 4 of them is just brutal. You're asking for a #1 Selke candidate center, a young #1 defenseman, the best young goaltender on the planet and a young #1 winger. McDavid is great offensively (best in the league), but he struggles in the dot and in his own end.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

The only realistic scenario that the Oilers ever trade McDavid is if he basically demands out, in which case the Oilers aren't going to get offered a "home run" like that anyways.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He never said it was fair. He said it is what it would take to move McDavid. I agree. Not that I expect any team to make that deal, but for it to be worth it for Edmonton, it would need to be a move that makes them a contender. No move of McDavid for depth player or futures would do that.

Reactions: Pertti and TFHockey

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The only realistic scenario that the Oilers ever trade McDavid is if he basically demands out, in which case the Oilers aren't going to get offered a "home run" like that anyways.
I don't know if you can say that. We've only seen the best player on the planet traded once, and it wasn't a trade, it was a sale. Even if he wanted out, every team would be lining up for him.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's not just the ask for McDavid. Dumping Neal is worth at least a 1st as well. Fair value would be something like 2 of those pieces and dumping Neal. 4 of them is just brutal. You're asking for a #1 Selke candidate center, a young #1 defenseman, the best young goaltender on the planet and a young #1 winger. McDavid is great offensively (best in the league), but he struggles in the dot and in his own end.

Minor correction - he's asking for a Selke winning 1c, not contender.

Reactions: Tripod

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Minor correction - he's asking for a Selke winning 1c, not contender.

Yeah, I am definitely asking for the best pieces from the Flyers. All of them are great players. The trade is totally lopsided in favor of Edmonton. That is what I think it would take for it to be worth it for the Oilers.

Reactions: AT14C

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006

Travis Konecy
Sean Couturier
Ivan Provorov
Carter Hart

Connor McDavid
James Neal

Similar package for what they received for Gretzky 32 years ago...

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah, I am definitely asking for the best pieces from the Flyers. All of them are great players. The trade is totally lopsided in favor of Edmonton. That is what I think it would take for it to be worth it for the Oilers.

Oh, I mean you're certainly free to ask for whatever you want. I wouldn't touch this trade with a 40 foot pole even if you removed one of the pieces.

I was just correcting the 'contender' to winner -- mostly as an inside joke to some of the other flyers fans for something that happened on our board this fall.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I don't know if you can say that. We've only seen the best player on the planet traded once, and it wasn't a trade, it was a sale. Even if he wanted out, every team would be lining up for him.

Sure, but "sales" of players hasn't really been a thing in the NHL for a long time.

And the difference between a player wanting out is that it becomes much harder to just say that none of the offers are good enough, we'll just keep the player.

Every team would want to trade for McDavid. Every team would be willing to give up a substantial package for McDavid. But there's a difference between the best package Edmonton could get and the best package Edmonton would want.

The only realistic way McDavid gets moved is if he wants to get moved.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
No to all McDavid trades.

This one is pretty decent though obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad