Proposal: EDM-PHI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Sure, but "sales" of players hasn't really been a thing in the NHL for a long time.

And the difference between a player wanting out is that it becomes much harder to just say that none of the offers are good enough, we'll just keep the player.

Every team would want to trade for McDavid. Every team would be willing to give up a substantial package for McDavid. But there's a difference between the best package Edmonton could get and the best package Edmonton would want.

The only realistic way McDavid gets moved is if he wants to get moved.

This is absolutely true.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
He never said it was fair. He said it is what it would take to move McDavid. I agree. Not that I expect any team to make that deal, but for it to be worth it for Edmonton, it would need to be a move that makes them a contender. No move of McDavid for depth player or futures would do that.

Yeah I mean obviously but it's not like there isn't a middle ground between depth players and futures vs. an idiotic ask which is what we have here. And it's not what it would realistically take, I agree moving McDavid is dumb but take out any player from the Flyers side other than Couturier and it's still an absolute home run from Edmonton.

Let's call this what it is, it's not a trade proposal it's a petty "stop making McDavid trade proposals" thread, and it is transparently, pretty much admittedly(per the OP acknowledging it's a bad trade) so. And yeah McDavid proposals are dumb, just don't click on them.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
No to all McDavid trades.

This one is pretty decent though obviously.

It's not "decent" it's absolute highway robbery and declining it is pretty much saying you'd prefer Art Ross's to cup contention. I obviously understand the principle of "no to all McDavid trades" in theory but really it should be "no to all rational McDavid trades" which this is obviously not.

Reactions: Sasso09

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
This is what it would take for me to be happy with a McDavid trade. There's been a lot of them on here lately.

:edmonton

Travis Konecy
Sean Couturier
Ivan Provorov
Carter Hart

:flyers

Connor McDavid
James Neal

Oilers get a 1W, a stellar 2C behind Draisaitl, a 1LHD and a 1A Goaltender

Philly gets the best player on the planet and James Neal to keep the money close.

This is an overpayment from the Flyers perspective but that is the only thing that makes sense when talking about moving McDavid.
Flyers pass one person doesn’t make up for absolutely ripping apart the core, this trade makes the flyers way worse

Reactions: Flyer lurker

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The only thing I'd like to know is why OP thought this needed to be a thread on its own, rather than a response in one of the apparently myriad McDavid threads I don't recall seeing. (I'll grant I don't tend to read threads without the Flyers involved.) Well, OK, two things: what did Flyers fans do to you to make you bother us specifically with this nonsense?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Not good for Philly, like at all. I wouldn’t do it either. Couturier is a UFA next season also. Why would he stay? McDavid and Draisaitl have term and aren’t available.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This is what it would take for me to be happy with a McDavid trade. There's been a lot of them on here lately.

:edmonton

Travis Konecy
Sean Couturier
Ivan Provorov
Carter Hart

:flyers

Connor McDavid
James Neal

Oilers get a 1W, a stellar 2C behind Draisaitl, a 1LHD and a 1A Goaltender

Philly gets the best player on the planet and James Neal to keep the money close.

This is an overpayment from the Flyers perspective but that is the only thing that makes sense when talking about moving McDavid.
Remove Neal. Add Broberg. Then it’s kinda interesting.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If you want to get to more realistic trade possibilities what is the cost of Larsson? 3-6 start EDM should be looking at trading the rental players soon so they can get through quarantine earlier in the season.

babaracus88

Jan 13, 2016
Edmonton doesn't have to trade McDavid necessarily but they do have two of him sort of with Drasaitl. Maybe he's not McDavid but he puts up points like him. So Trade Drasaitl for a good forward and a defenseman or a goalie or another winger and a good prospect and fill out there roster with more skill instead of just 2 guys with all the skill. It is hockey not basketball where your 2 stars can be on the court for pretty much the whole game.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
If you want to get to more realistic trade possibilities what is the cost of Larsson? 3-6 start EDM should be looking at trading the rental players soon so they can get through quarantine earlier in the season.
Ghostisbehre still in the dog house?
Oilers wouldnt been "selling" the "rental players" as long as CGY and Nucks are within reach.

#4 playoffs spot will up for grabs til at least game 50 of the season if not the 56th.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Ghostisbehre still in the dog house?
Oilers wouldnt been "selling" the "rental players" as long as CGY and Nucks are within reach.

#4 playoffs spot will up for grabs til at least game 50 of the season if not the 56th.
Ghost 2 games in has looked good. Not ready to christen him back to 17-18 form but legit 4ish? Yep. Not looking to move on from him unless ED taken.

Braun- has been 5 lb bag of cr*p
Hagg- 500 lb bag of cr*p on fire
Gus- is Dominique Wilkens the human highlight film. He will always be on the highlight reel but it can be good or bad.

Reactions: LTIR

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Ghost 2 games in has looked good. Not ready to christen him back to 17-18 form but legit 4ish? Yep. Not looking to move on from him unless ED taken.

Braun- has been 5 lb bag of cr*p
Hagg- 500 lb bag of cr*p on fire
Gus- is Dominique Wilkens the human highlight film. He will always be on the highlight reel but it can be good or bad.
What are you willing to add to Hagg for Larsson?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
What are you willing to add to Hagg for Larsson?
Guessing Flyers fandom would disagree but i'd go 2 and Hagg for Larsson and 4. If the ask is 1 expect the dial tone.

If trade is by deadline no Larsson retention required. If trade is now retention would be needed to make cap.

Its not a I love Larsson move but I hate our guys move. We dressed Nate Prosser for crying out loud.

Reactions: BernieParent

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
The strongest foundation for building a winning team is to have a true 1c, 1d, and 1g. Flyers finally have that...it would be a tremendous step backwards to give up 2/3 of it just to upgrade the other. Flyers would have no one to replace provy or hart.

And while Mcdavid is an upgrade over any center in the league...his overall impact is probably not that much greater than couturier...at least not enough for them to lose their number 1 D or G..let alone both.

Reactions: Tripod

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
The only thing I'd like to know is why OP thought this needed to be a thread on its own, rather than a response in one of the apparently myriad McDavid threads I don't recall seeing. (I'll grant I don't tend to read threads without the Flyers involved.) Well, OK, two things: what did Flyers fans do to you to make you bother us specifically with this nonsense?
valid points. OP asked for it and Oil fans are not going to bother defend it.
Just because there are low ball offers for McD on some other thread does not justify this.

Reactions: Tripod

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Guessing Flyers fandom would disagree but i'd go 2 and Hagg for Larsson and 4. If the ask is 1 expect the dial tone.

If trade is by deadline no Larsson retention required. If trade is now retention would be needed to make cap.

Its not a I love Larsson move but I hate our guys move. We dressed Nate Prosser for crying out loud.
If/When Ghost struggles a bit:
Larsson+Barrie
for
Ghostisbehre + Hagg

Oilers swap Barrie at RD to Ghost at LD on PP

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If/When Ghost struggles a bit:
Larsson+Barrie
for
Ghostisbehre + Hagg

Oilers swap Barrie at RD to Ghost at LD on PP
Here is the thing...regardless of value....the Flyers are not adding 2 RHD when they already have Myers and Braun.

Now would they do one of Ghost for Barrie or Larsson for Hagg...sure. But not both.

On a side note...POST season but PRE expansion, the Flyers could be looking to trade Ghost anyways since they will be protecting Provy, Sanheim and Myers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad