Confirmed Trade: [EDM/PHI] Cam Talbot for Anthony Stolarz

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Ah Philly and their perpetual quest to find a decent and constant starter. Seriously who was the last guy they had who was good on a constant basis and/or was elite ? Hextall maybe ? Mason had a good season a few years ago but it didn't last very long.

It's like my very own Habs and their perpetual quest to find a true no1 center. It's been going on for more than 2 decades. Crazy

I take it you don't watch hockey very much eh

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Ah Philly and their perpetual quest to find a decent and constant starter. Seriously who was the last guy they had who was good on a constant basis and/or was elite ? Hextall maybe ? Mason had a good season a few years ago but it didn't last very long.

It's like my very own Habs and their perpetual quest to find a true no1 center. It's been going on for more than 2 decades. Crazy

We actually had Bobrovsky, believe it or not. Of course, we gave up on him, then.....................

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
Hart is the real deal. He's going to have some ups and downs but I like having Talbot on the team. As everyone knows, they know each other and have a good relationship. Elliott hopefully can be shipped out to a team higher in the standings as a reliable backup. Stolarz missed most of the season because he got injured. Maybe MTL, they might like a better option than Niemi and Elliott is a UFA after this season. Other teams, IMO, would be TOR, STL (weird but maybe), WPG or Vegas.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I take it you don't watch hockey very much eh

Not sure why you say that ? No i don't watch every games or every team but i have been following hte NHL since the early 90's. And i don't recall the Flyers having stability between the pipes since...well a long time

Yes Hart look like a good one but looking good and putting up constant number at the NHL level years after years is a different thing. I hope he pan out for you guys. I was not trying to trash the Flyers , just making an observation. I've always been sort of a closet Flyers fan even though i'm an Habs fan first

We actually had Bobrovsky, believe it or not. Of course, we gave up on him, then.....................

Ah yes forgot about Bob. He wasn't playing at the level he is playing now back then though. No one truly saw him being traded as a big deal. He blossomed as an elite goalie after that

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
The next dubnyk

TBH I wouldn't mind that, if Stollarz becomes the next Brobovsky... But the chances are that we traded a has been for a never will be, so the only positives are the cap space and the mentoring.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Not sure why you say that ? No i don't watch every games or every team but i have been following hte NHL since the early 90's. And i don't recall the Flyers having stability between the pipes since...well a long time

Yes Hart look like a good one but looking good and putting up constant number at the NHL level years after years is a different thing. I hope he pan out for you guys. I was not trying to trash the Flyers , just making an observation. I've always been sort of a closet Flyers fan even though i'm an Habs fan first

Ah yes forgot about Bob. He wasn't playing at the level he is playing now back then though. No one truly saw him being traded as a big deal. He blossomed as an elite goalie after that

Yea, all he did was to have a 28-13-8 seasons for the Flyers with a .915 SV% as a 22 years old... What a bum..

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Yep and Pelle Lindbergh died before he got to his prime. This doesnt happen too often.

I dont blame you for repeating what reporters are constantly saying when broadcasting a Flyers game.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Yea, all he did was to have a 28-13-8 seasons for the Flyers with a .915 SV% as a 22 years old... What a bum..

And the year after he had a 3.02 with a 0.898 save percentage in 29 games

Not sure why you seem offended by that ? I never said Bob was a bum. All i said is that he truly blossomed into a constant elite goalie after he was traded to the Jackets. 54 games does not make a career. Remember Andrew Raycroft ? Jim Carey ? You don't prove you are elite until you put stellar performances and have good numbers on a constant basis and Bob started doing that after being traded tp Colombus. TYou know what htey say about small samples size

In retrospect the Flyers should have kept him no doubt. but you can never know for sure what will happen

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
And the year after he had a 3.02 with a 0.898 save percentage in 29 games

Not sure why you seem offended by that ? I never said Bob was a bum. All i said is that he truly blossomed into a constant elite goalie after he was traded to the Jackets. 54 games does not make a career. Remember Andrew Raycroft ? Jim Carey ? You don't prove you are elite until you put stellar performances and have good numbers on a constant basis and Bob started doing that after being traded tp Colombus. TYou know what htey say about small samples size

In retrospect the Flyers should have kept him no doubt. but you can never know for sure what will happen

Yes, after Flyers killed his confidence and made sure he doesn't play enough... That terrible year is on the Flyers management not on Brob..

In retrospect the main issue for the Flyers was not the trade to CBS, the main issue was the Flyers having a 22 years old goalie who just showed he can be a starter and signing Bryz to that stupid deal.

Reactions: Bronn

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Like in October, right?

He's played an NHL game, right?

You know the chances of a 4th rounder making it to the NHL, right?

You know the Oilers needed to clear cap space to make room for Sekera, right? (and yes, I already know how sad that is)

Meaning, you could have got him for free if you wanted. How many GM's do you think would pass on a 4th round pick for free?

Also, what do you mean like in October? You're acting like a player has to go through waivers multiple times. Once you clear once, you can be sent down for an extended period. You don't have to clear every time. He'd probably clear again, as he has a subpar save percentage for a backup goalie. :laugh: Also, do you think a 4th round pick takes up cap space? I don't get the point you're trying to make there.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Seems like a pretty meh trade. I'd be more confident with Talbot in net than Stolarz.

For the Oilers they clear cap space, but isn't Talbot a UFA at years end? What do they need cap space for? If they plan on making another trade before the deadline then I guess it makes sense. But they are still in a playoff race, & I don't know if Stolarz is any kind of upgrade behind Koskinen.

Stolarz for Talbot is probably a slight upgrade for the Flyers. But don't they have like 200 goalies? What's happened with Neuvirth, Elliot & McKenna? Is Neuvirth out for the rest of the year? I assume those guys will be all gone in the offseason, and they'll look to re-sign Talbot to play w/ Hart next year. That could potentially work out nicely for Philly.

I don't think Philly is really losing anything in Stolarz. While the Oil get a look at a different G & clear some space. I don't see a loser here. Win - Win I guess???

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Mason’s 4 years as a Flyers starter > Talbots time in Edmonton

13-14 61 GP, .917
14-15 51 GP, .928
15-16 54 GP, .918
16-17 58 GP, .908

Philly dumped Mase at the right time. Maybe the Oilers are doing the same thing

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Mason’s 4 years as a Flyers starter > Talbots time in Edmonton

13-14 61 GP, .917
14-15 51 GP, .928
15-16 54 GP, .918
16-17 58 GP, .908

Philly dumped Mase at the right time. Maybe the Oilers are doing the same thing

Can't compare the two but yes Edmonton dumped him at a perfect time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad