Confirmed Trade: [EDM/PHI] Cam Talbot for Anthony Stolarz

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Short term memory ?

He had 4 very good/great seasons in a row: 2 as a backup in NY and 2 as a starter in Edmonton.

He was mediocre last season, and bad this season.

Nope. I stand correct. He had ONE "all star" year.

BossyFan

Feb 16, 2019
I think a win for both. Oilers get the younger netminder and save some cap space while the Flyers get an experienced goalie to help along Hart.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Wouldn’t be surprised if Stolarz lights it up the first few games in Edmonton, then completely shits the whole bedroom. Stolie has been streaky this season, if it wasn’t for the shutout against NY Rangers his numbers would look worse.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Reality is, both goalies could go either way for both teams. There is no definitive direction for either.

Both teams are rolling the dice with little to lose.

Reactions: Larry44

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Is Talbot ever going to play a game for the Flyers or what?
Just like the last HC, this HC (Scott Gordon) is a dummy. Over playing goalies is a Flyers hallmark. Especially goalies coming back from injuries, which just often happens to be the category labeled, "All of them". Our fearless leader often ices a sub-optimal line-up. Why should goalie be any different than the skaters?

The Flyers will get the record for 8 goalies, eventually, probably.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I expect this to be win-win.

Talbot was done in Edmonton... too long playing behind such questionable team defense and limited depth. It erodes confidence. He'll rebound once he doesn't have to watch the same guys, making the same mistakes over and over.

Stolarz is younger and doesn't have "Edmonton goalie fatigue" yet. He's certainly got some credential behind him and will be in a relatively low-pressure role (at least for the rest of this year).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad