Rumor: EDM, OTT, TOR, LA among interested in LHD Vladislav Gavrikov

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
He's also significantly younger, cheaper, higher upside etc.
Don't give a damn about any of that. We have positional and skillset needs and Sandin meets exactly none of those. None of them.
So yes If Toronto offered Sandin for a rental Columbus would take it and RUN.
Stick to your own team; at least that way you have an excuse.

* * *​
lol your not getting a top 5 pick for him

keep dreaming
In the scenario being described, Ottawa miraculously becomes a playoff contender and so does not have a top 5 pick.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

before you or anyone else says something along the lines of "Great then keep Sandin."

That is EXACTLY what they should do especially for a rental.

You seem to think, and as far as I can tell have for years that unless your team gets EXACTLY what it needs that there is no no deal to be made.

What you either don't understand or refuse to accept is that, that's not how it works, it's never been how it works especially when trading a rental.

Trading a rental means get what you can it doesn't mean you get EXACTLY what you need you don't.

Trading a rental means taking the best deal and If Sandin was on the table he would be without question the best deal.

Nah. Sandin Sucks.

Reactions: kinghock

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Absolutely no interest in Sandin. We drafted Mateychuk who hopefully will be better than Sandin. Plus we have Boqvist and Blanks.
And Bean, and Christiansen, and Bjork, and... ...really, it'd be easier to list the roster and prospect blueliners we have that aren't offense-oriented.

Reactions: Youngguns80

Apr 9, 2009
USA

before you or anyone else says something along the lines of "Great then keep Sandin."

You seem to think, and as far as I can tell have for years that unless your team gets EXACTLY what it needs that there is no no deal to be made.

What you either don't understand or refuse to accept is that, that's not how it works, it's never been how it works especially when trading a rental.

Trading a rental means get what you can it doesn't mean you get EXACTLY what you need you don't.

Trading a rental means taking the best deal and If Sandin was on the table he would be without question the best deal.

He’d be further down on the CBJ depth chart than he is in Toronto. Sandin makes literally no sense whatsoever. You’ve talked yourself into thinking the deal makes sense, but it doesn’t.

Also, the fact that you think Sandin is the best the Jackets can do for Gavrikov is actually hilarious. So out of touch up in Leafs land.

You’re lecturing others about how rentals work and as far as I can tell, you are clueless. Stop lecturing people.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
If the round player was picked in is so important for you you probably should look at Gudbranson, former 3rd overall. You'll even get a discount if you take him.
If that’s what you pulled from my post then you should probably slow down and read a bit more carefully.

It was pointing to the fact that Sandin is still young with room to grow. It can take a bit longer for defensemen to flourish, so to swap him along with a first round pick for Gavrikov is not a sensible move for the Leafs.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
If that’s what you pulled from my post then you should probably slow down and read a bit more carefully.

It was pointing to the fact that Sandin is still young with room to grow. It can take a bit longer for defensemen to flourish, so to swap him along with a first round pick for Gavrikov is not a sensible move for the Leafs.
Sandin will be growing in the Swiss league. He is not NHL caliber.

Reactions: kinghock

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Man this post is so ridiculous.

Dman are the most in demand in the NHL and the number of competent top 4 guys is extremely low. Here you have a young one who's already proved to be legit. About half the teams in the league are looking to add this exact type of player.

They will get better value offers than Sandin guaranteed. Maybe even by Toronto.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
3if Holland wouldn't trade broberg for Chychrun what makes you think he gonna trade brogerg for gavrokov
Better cap on Gavrikov. But yes... unfortunely.

I do also think Broberg could be useful, and trade Holloway instead, but thats just me.

I dont get what Holland is waiting for. Gavrikov is the perfect add. Like perfect.

Nurse Ceci
Gavrikov Barrie
Kulak Bouchard
is perfect.

Gavrikov also has a smaller cap than yamamoto.

Yam + 1st rounder 2023 .

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Man this post is so ridiculous.

Dman are the most in demand in the NHL and the number of competent top 4 guys is extremely low. Here you have a young one who's already proved to be legit. About half the teams in the league are looking to add this exact type of player.

They will get better value offers than Sandin guaranteed. Maybe even by Toronto.

I'm not saying he won't end up in Toronto, I think there is a fairly decent chance he does given that there are some holes on the defense.

All I'm saying is they aren't giving up Sandin for a rental.

If he came with an extension that might be different but then it's not a rental

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Broberg + Yams/Pulj maybe? Or prefer picks?

You are the 2nd Oiler fan including Broberg in the return.

Admittedly, I don't know much about Gavrikov, but Broberg (not a bust, and required for his ELC) is a pretty big return, still > late first in my opinion.

So what am I missing? What the stats show is a 20-30 point 27 year old defenseman who pretty consistently is outscored at EV and (if rumors are true) wants $4-5M on a longer term deal.

I would think if we are willing to give Broberg, we're getting a better shutdown or two-way D, no?

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Columbus doesn’t touch that even with someone else’s 20ft pole.

More quality, less quantity needed.
yeah ok a top 6 winger on a good contract a cheap defenseman who can play top 4 minutes with some offence and a young bottom 6 player who can play any forward position and on a elc contract is quality

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
You are the 2nd Oiler fan including Broberg in the return.

Admittedly, I don't know much about Gavrikov, but Broberg (not a bust, and required for his ELC) is a pretty big return, still > late first in my opinion.

So what am I missing? What the stats show is a 20-30 point 27 year old defenseman who pretty consistently is outscored at EV and (if rumors are true) wants $4-5M on a longer term deal.

I would think if we are willing to give Broberg, we're getting a better shutdown or two-way D, no?
We need another Ceci.
I actually dont know to much, I hear he is a steady D. And if he is a bit mean, thats a plus.

If I could pick free, I would go for Ekholm. Good skater, good with the puck, smart, calm. Like a beta verdion of D Kieth. Ekholm - Bouchard would be a perfect pair.
I gladly sepreate from Holloway or Broberg for Ekholm. Because Ekholm would complete a strong 6D backbone. Defense with no weak pieces is a unit, a force.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad