Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Oilers agree to terms with G Mikko Koskinen on a one year deal (official on July 1st)

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Who outside of Dubnyk (as did 2 other teams) have they 'ruined'? Or is this just another Oiler dig?
Its a clueless fan taking his dig at the Oilers.

Oilers didn't even ruin Dubnyk. He was a mediocre starting goalie who for the life of him couldn't rid himself of that 1 (or 2) awfully timed GA. After that is was just backup after backup that they prayed would turn into a starter until Talbot. Outside that 1 year he had a couple season ago, he still looks like he lets in a softie or 2...and hes been garbage come playoff time for the Wild, this year anyway. Scrivens, Fasth, Bryz all were blindfolded swings

Anyways, Montoya is a solid vet backup ..and he was solid for the Oilers until he took that shot in the head in practice (I think it was Pakaranen?) And as Stauffer and Gregor have said he looked afraid of the puck after that. Eitherway he was never a guy that could push Talbot out of the way like Nilsson almost did. I think Koskinen can be that guy.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I swear if we signed a UFA Crosby to a seven year contract at league minimum some people would ***** about the term. :laugh:

Well, if you are signing Sidney Crosby at league minimum, he's probably like 42.

Giving a 42 year old a 7 year deal is just bad business.

Reactions: EDMOILERS9729

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Personally, I've never been a huge fan of Koskinen. I believe that he has a tendency to make himself awfully small for such a big goaltender, and I just don't feel very safe with him in the net. This just has been my experience watching him on the national team, I haven't really followed him in KHL. While his save %s have been good in international games, he still hasn't really been convincing to me. While I imagine that he'll be able to handle an NHL backup's job somewhat, I also have a feeling that he will be in some trouble with the higher quality finishing that the NHL players will have.

I personally expect him to be around .905 - .910 but I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
I personally expect him to be around .905 - .910 but I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong.

So you ll think he ll be the starter then? EDM goalies this year 0.908 and 0.906.

(I don't think he can be better than Talbot behind that D. That is a solid NHL keeper...)

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
So you ll think he ll be the starter then? EDM goalies this year 0.908 and 0.906.

(I don't think he can be better than Talbot behind that D. That is a solid NHL keeper...)

He wasn't this year. He looked lethargic and disinterested.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I swear if we signed a UFA Crosby to a seven year contract at league minimum some people would ***** about the term. :laugh:

you just need to look at the numerous shots and comments about the oilers tanking and yet there is not a lot of comments about the sabres who openly did it

last 6 years

Buffalo vs the Oilers
62 vs 78
78 vs 103
81 vs 70
54 vs 62
52 vs 67
48 vs 45

sabres have 375 pts vs oilers 425

and lets take out the one playoff year by the oilers

that gives 322 and the sabres 297 if you take out that one year

yet the fans on this site keep trolling oiler fans saying we tanked and saying nothing towards to the sabres--who were the team that blocked the new lotto system from kicking in for the McDavid draft year--oilers were in favor of it but the sabres did everything short of sueing the NHL to prevent that from happening

but now we have several threads on the main board saying how good of a job the sabres of done getting good, young talent and still tanking comments aimed towards the oilers-- Oilers just signed all the wrong FAS--from sourey to Penner to Lucic to signing guys like Horcoff to bad contracts

but the sabres who did very little to improve there team--get pats on the back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad