Confirmed Trade: [EDM/NJD] Dmitry Kulikov for 2022 cond. 3rd/4th round pick

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Because it's not 1990 anymore and PMDs are what are needed, not stay at home defenceman. Players like Kulikov are irrelevant in 2021.

You haven't watched Jones and Bear play this year, lol, these guys are making routine plays into a circus in our own zone constantly and doing stupid things like pinching too much.

We need someone who just plays a nononsense, low event style of D. Lagesson was doing it for us, but even he is basically a rookie too and rookies on D are like puppies, they'll eventually shit on the carpet.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
You haven't watched Jones and Bear play this year, lol, these guys are making routine plays into a circus in our own zone constantly and doing stupid things like pinching too much.

We need someone who just plays a nononsense, low event style of D. Lagesson was doing it for us, but even he is basically a rookie too and rookies on D are like puppies, they'll eventually shit on the carpet.
Hopefully Koekkoek looks as solid as he did before his injury. Having him and Kulikov in the lineup can really drop some of the unforced errors we commit in our own zone.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
At the beginning of the season I would have said this trade was useless but Bear post-concussion has been bad and Jones stagnated. Lagesson and Bouchard are fine but absolute rookies on a team with a coach who hates mistakes.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Hey guys can you give me a rundown of Kulikov? I haven't seen him play a lot in the NHL but I also wanted Edmonton to draft him during his draft year. He's changed his playstyle no?

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
Hey guys can you give me a rundown of Kulikov? I haven't seen him play a lot in the NHL but I also wanted Edmonton to draft him during his draft year. He's changed his playstyle no?
Reading through the thread Devil fans love him.
- steady defensive dman
- physical
- good on the PK
- skates well still
- can transition the puck just not much doing in the offensive zone
- very good calming partner to those who need one like Suban (Barrie for us?)
Really good reviews on the player

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
Reading through the thread Devil fans love him.
- steady defensive dman
- physical
- good on the PK
- skates well still
- can transition the puck just not much doing in the offensive zone
- very good calming partner to those who need one like Suban (Barrie for us?)
Really good reviews on the player

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Wait a second.

So it's a conditional 3/4. That has less value than a straight 3rd round pick.

So how on earth is David Savard worth an entire extra 1st? I think Kulikov is better than him.
One word: truculence

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
At the beginning of the season I would have said this trade was useless but Bear post-concussion has been bad and Jones stagnated. Lagesson and Bouchard are fine but absolute rookies on a team with a coach who hates mistakes.
Think he just hates rookies, not mistakes. Otherwise Bear and Jones would never be in the lineup lol.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Think he just hates rookies, not mistakes. Otherwise Bear and Jones would never be in the lineup lol.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Massive miss here for oil town. They had a chance to upgrade and failed miserably. Wonder how long before mcdavid pulls the pin there. If they draw Toronto or Winn its one and done first round . Not good enough from the Oilers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad