Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Connor Brown signs with the Oilers (1 years, $775k + $3.225M bonuses)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1700413651429.png

Just getting back to form. He's a Top 6 Winger and his expectation is to get points.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Lmfao..another Edmonton hf flex when he signed just destroying them... you hate to see it...
Leafs get mocked endlessly for not making it far in the playoffs. But then Edmonton signs a Leafs cast off and then they flex like they stole a key piece of the Leafs team. Then Edmonton seems to not do very well with that player the Leafs let go.

Barrie
Ceci
Campbell
Hyman
Brown (via Ottawa)

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Leafs get mocked endlessly for not making it far in the playoffs. But then Edmonton signs a Leafs cast off and then they flex like they stole a key piece of the Leafs team. Then Edmonton seems to not do very well with that player the Leafs let go.

Barrie
Ceci
Campbell
Hyman
Brown (via Ottawa)

Hyman is the only one who has panned out, which isn't saying much given the money spent on Leafs castoffs.

Reactions: KingsCourt

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Barrie
Ceci
Campbell
Hyman
Brown (via Ottawa)
I agree for the most part (Oil fan)

but Barrie was a great player for us. If we didn't have Bouch, he'd still be here and be loved IMO. Obviously a limited player but we got some good years out of him.

Ceci has played his best career hockey for us but is miscast.

Campbell is a disaster and we look stupid. TONNES of Leafs fans said this the day the contract was signed. They were right!

Hyman has been amazing

Brown looked like a great signing and idea but it's turned into a bad idea.

Reactions: biturbo19

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Barrie
Ceci
Campbell
Hyman
Brown (via Ottawa)
Edmontons gotten further

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
Wow, i completely missed this contract, what a trainwreck so far !!!

Hindsight, obviously but how could Holland give him that much considering he had played 4 gms last season, and why only 10 games, why not 20 . Not saying I'm smarter than Holland, but just mindboggling!!

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
GM Connor McDavid just told the team to sign his dad to play goal. He also stated his mom has a real calming influence and to bring her in to pair with Bouchard. GM McDavid also announced he will stay above the center line for the rest of the season to ensure he wins the Art Ross this season.

Everyone starting to see what I was talking about now in Edmonton? McDavid is selfish and doesn't play winning hockey.

AmabileCassarole

Nov 4, 2023
GM Connor McDavid just told the team to sign his dad to play goal. He also stated his mom has a real calming influence and to bring her in to pair with Bouchard. GM McDavid also announced he will stay above the center line for the rest of the season to ensure he wins the Art Ross this season.

Everyone starting to see what I was talking about now in Edmonton? McDavid is selfish and doesn't play winning hockey.

We went from Steve Yzerman doing everything he could with a busted leg to win a cup for Detroit to a guy who does nothing but sulk even before he was even drafted.

And don't forget Crysaitl. I don't even see what Matheson did that was so wrong, honestly.

Reactions: KnockHobbler

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
We went from Steve Yzerman doing everything he could with a busted leg to win a cup for Detroit to a guy who does nothing but sulk even before he was even drafted.

And don't forget Crysaitl. I don't even see what Matheson did that was so wrong, honestly.
It's sad. He's probably a top 3 talent all time (Lemieux, Orr) but he had no one around him to show him the way. He's turned into a loser.

AmabileCassarole

Nov 4, 2023
It's sad. He's probably a top 3 talent all time (Lemieux, Orr) but he had no one around him to show him the way. He's turned into a loser.

I get what you're saying, but putting him beside Lemieux? I mean, talent-wise, sure, I can get why you'd do that, but as a player? Lemieux blows him away. Lemieux went through horrendous back problems, a broken hand, cancer, and anemia, and did what he had to do, every period of every game.

I don't see that level of committment from McDrai. I see a couple guys who are fine just collecting individual trophies and paychecks. In the NBA, the Big Three of the Spurs took paycuts year in and year out to keep the team competitive.

I bet McDrai are gonna ask for even more money when it comes time to sit down with the front office. Why wouldn't they? Look at the Nurse and Brown contracts - the Oilers clearly don't care, so why should the players? Who wouldn't just milk the team for all they can? So, what, a bunch of fans you'll never meet in real life can whine online about how you're a greedy jackass? Who cares, you're set for life....

Reactions: biturbo19

ImJustJokinen

Vinnie Desharnais for Hart Ross
Apr 7, 2019
Cup Parade
I get what you're saying, but putting him beside Lemieux? I mean, talent-wise, sure, I can get why you'd do that, but as a player? Lemieux blows him away. Lemieux went through horrendous back problems, a broken hand, cancer, and anemia, and did what he had to do, every period of every game.

I don't see that level of committment from McDrai. I see a couple guys who are fine just collecting individual trophies and paychecks. In the NBA, the Big Three of the Spurs took paycuts year in and year out to keep the team competitive.
Having 15 bad games after 300 odd generation defining regular and postseason games does not mean much. You also conveniently forgot that Lemieux had Jagr, Francis, Coffey and co to pick up the pieces for his cups.

Why talk out of your ass?

Reactions: TS Quint

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This reeks of trying to get clever being the smartest man in the room with an obscure bonus structure loophole that literally nobody else ever seems to decide to use...

And getting burned. :laugh:

AmabileCassarole

Nov 4, 2023
Having 15 bad games after 300 odd generation defining regular and postseason games does not mean much. You also conveniently forgot that Lemieux had Jagr, Francis, Coffey and co to pick up the pieces for his cups.

Why talk out of your ass?

The only thing being defined this generation is the Oilers squandering yet another pair of first overall picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $250.00