TSN: EDM Chiarelli press conference @ 12 EST

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
I just realized...the two best deals Chiarelli ever made with the Bruins were when he fleeced the Leafs. First for Rask, then for Seguin/Hamilton. Although in hindsight, the biggest winners in that deal were ultimately...Pittsburgh! Boy, he must be wishing we still had fools running our organization so he weasel his way out the mess he's in. Sadly, this is no longer the case. However, I hear JFJ might be in the running for the new Seattle franchise so there might be hope for you yet, Petey boy!

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If you look at the players drafted at those 2 picks or after, the Oilers right now could be sitting on a combo of Barzal, Connor, Chabot and Aho, Dermott or Carlo.

ANY of that would be better than the 9 games or whatever we got out of Reinhart.

Even after the Eberle or Hall trades....could you imagine adding even Connor and Carlo to this team right now? Much improved.
Could have. Rumor was we had Joel Eriksson-Ek on our board for the first though, so we likely wouldn't have had Barzal, Connor or Chabot. And for the 2nd rounder, I have no faith that the scouting crew we had then would have drafted someone who made it like Aho, Dermott, or Carlo. Hindsight is 20/20

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Hopefully he is stepping down . He is going from turning the Oilers into a toilet to cleaning the toilets , you know Katz you loves to move people who failed into another job .

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
thought t was going to be a press conference to announce the banner raising for the 84-85 northland coliseum concession staff and how they were one of the greatest concession sales crew ever assembled.
lol , pure comedy !

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
"Just called you hear today to quell some concerns and announce to Oil nation that no longer will I be making subpar GM's look good. Therefore, as of today, I am confirming I will no longer be considering any trades with garth snow.

I'll take questions now..."

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Chia predictions;

He very much likes Dahlin like he likes an egg on his hamburger.

Honestly, i hope hes not stepping down, or if he is, he rips open his shirt and has a Bruins logo on it, screams "haha i trolled you all" pushes a button and disappears before everyones eyes. Then shows up seconds later at a Bruins presser the same way Rick Rude was on both Nitro and Raw at the same time.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'm assuming you bash the Bruins as well for passing on him 3 times?

The Bruins at least have 3 players for the times they passed on him, one who is contributing on a top 5 team in the NHL.

The Oilers gave up the pick (and others) for a guy that has been waived to the league and given away in the Expansion draft. Plus the Oilers are

So whether he gives Boston crap for passing on him or not it is clear that the mistake by Chiarelli was much much worse because he gave up the chance to pick him (or the other 5 guys drafted around that spot that the Oilers could desperately use) for nothing.

It is just that they missed on Barzal it is the reason that they missed which is such a terrible move.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Hopefully he is stepping down . He is going from turning the Oilers into a toilet to cleaning the toilets , you know Katz you loves to move people who failed into another job .

If you bring someone else do you think they can clean up his mess? It’s going to be hard to fix the oilers problems ....

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
So he is doing nothing , but hey he did do a conference so he good for another year or bad trade/contract signing

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If you bring someone else do you think they can clean up his mess? It’s going to be hard to fix the oilers problems ....

I do agree . I said it at the beginning of the year That Talbot , Maroon and others would not be as good as they were last year . I wish I was wrong . I would gladly eat a double or triple helping of crow

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Apc34v2.gif
Obviously reversed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad