TSN: EDM Chiarelli press conference @ 12 EST

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Did he announce that everything is fine, and the hiring of Charlie Huddy as VP of hockey ops?

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
fire-nothing-truck-lQggWt0nn2S4M

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Chiarelli and McLellan seemed like such a winning combo, but between the Reinhart trade and the Eberle trade and the Lucic signing.. you gotta wonder how they cocked this up so badly

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I just realized...the two best deals Chiarelli ever made with the Bruins were when he fleeced the Leafs. First for Rask, then for Seguin/Hamilton. Although in hindsight, the biggest winners in that deal were ultimately...Pittsburgh! Boy, he must be wishing we still had fools running our organization so he weasel his way out the mess he's in. Sadly, this is no longer the case. However, I hear JFJ might be in the running for the new Seattle franchise so there might be hope for you yet, Petey boy!

Kessel wasn't traded for Seguin+Hamilton, he was traded for 2 1sts + a 2nd. The fact that those picks ended up as Seguin and Hamilton was mostly luck. If the pick fell to 3rd instead of 2nd and Boston drafted Gudbranson, people would be talking about that deal as a steal for the Leafs.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So can someone actually say what it was about? Or is it tomorrow or something?

Mostly that the Oilers won’t be blowing it up per se but are considering ‘hard moves’ (think RNH/Klefbom, rumours they want to move on from Lucic) focus is on speed, focusing on prospects with speed for deadline acquisitions as opposed to prospects.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Kessel wasn't traded for Seguin+Hamilton, he was traded for 2 1sts + a 2nd. The fact that those picks ended up as Seguin and Hamilton was mostly luck. If the pick fell to 3rd instead of 2nd and Boston drafted Gudbranson, people would be talking about that deal as a steal for the Leafs.

How do you know that Boston's guy would be Gudbranson at #3? To save you time posting, you just made a baseless assumption.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Those were high picks. Strong chance they would be something good.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Those were high picks. Strong chance they would be something good.
What he's getting at is the trade was made as Kessel for 2 firsts & second round draft pick with no lottery pick protection. Burke misevaluated the entire team he was going into the season with. He thought they could make playoffs but instead they hit the lottery. Bruins didn't get lucky with the picks, it just showed how inept Burke was at not being the right guy for the job - just a blowhard who doesn't know how to wear a tie. Very thankful for competent management that knows how to evaluate talent.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
A. McDavid is a cool guy. I believe he'll be an Oiler for a very long time.
B. We will probably miss the play-offs but we're doing everything not to.
C. There is always next season and we will be ready.
D. We need more luck in the draft lottery. We got bent over last year.

Place your bets.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I am sorry but no.
He needs to move his only 2 winger prospects for a defensemen?
The Oilers have the worst collection of wingers in the league and desperately need wingers
Don't worry next year he'll trade D for forwards, then forwards for D, etc. It's how Benning works.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Chia does these every years but he doesn't actually reveal anything.
Sounds like he's over eager to trade our draft picks away to save his job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad