TSN: EDM Chiarelli press conference @ 12 EST

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
How hard is "sort of" to understand? No he didn't literally trade him. He still could have drafted a fast and skilled player if that's what he wanted but instead he went after a well known slow plug who did nothing for them. His whole philosophy behind the team was size and toughness and now he's wondering why he doesn't have speed or skill. Trades like that is why
If you look at the players drafted at those 2 picks or after, the Oilers right now could be sitting on a combo of Barzal, Connor, Chabot and Aho, Dermott or Carlo.

ANY of that would be better than the 9 games or whatever we got out of Reinhart.

Even after the Eberle or Hall trades....could you imagine adding even Connor and Carlo to this team right now? Much improved.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
How hard is "sort of" to understand? No he didn't literally trade him. He still could have drafted a fast and skilled player if that's what he wanted but instead he went after a well known slow plug who did nothing for them. His whole philosophy behind the team was size and toughness and now he's wondering why he doesn't have speed or skill. Trades like that is why
I'm assuming you bash the Bruins as well for passing on him 3 times?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Too much money spent on three C’s......shocker.

Drai to McDavid wing or Nuge is gone.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
I see nothing wrong here.

Looks like a good GM who is polling his staff and trying to get details on a very sensitive subject. He obviously doesn't want to trade seguin.

Judging by the video , Chia really doesn't like skill does he?
That would explain the early demise of Hall and Eberle here!

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
Honestly what was the point of that press conference? Why hold it? Cannot see the reason at all.

Sort of vaguely implying they might trade a center? What a tire fire, feel bad for EDM fans with these bozos running the show.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Honestly what was the point of that press conference? Why hold it? Cannot see the reason at all.

Sort of vaguely implying they might trade a center? What a tire fire, feel bad for EDM fans with these bozos running the show.
This is the last time I believe in anything Talbot says.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Well... they’re not trading McDavid and I’d be surprised if they held a press conference to let people know they might move RNH so... Draisaitl is available is the only conclusion I could come up with.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Sounds like a whole lot of nothing was said. Which isn't surprising since he hasn't been doing anything for years except drafting first overall picks. Can't say the man is inconsistent.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Probably called the presser in the midst of all these Karlsson rumblings, to get some of his fans' ears perked up to think maybe he made a good trade for once.

No such luck.

I feel sorry for Oilers fans who have to put up with such incompetence. Miss those Stars-Oilers feuds of yesteryear.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Hall for Adam Larsson
Eberle for Strome

Those two trades alone are enough to have you hung from a lamp post on the street corner. Let's not even touch the Reinhart trade, as that was the precursor to landing a player averaging 1.05 points Per game in his career thus far, fourth only to McDavid, Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin.

Truly horrific general manager.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Hall for Adam Larsson
Eberle for Strome

Those two trades alone are enough to have you hung from a lamp post on the street corner. Let's not even touch the Reinhart trade, as that was the precursor to landing a player averaging 1.05 points Per game in his career thus far, fourth only to McDavid, Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin.

Truly horrific general manager.

But don't forget the worst of all.

Seguin for ...well nobody anymore.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
First thing Oilers should do is fire Chiarelli and the entire scouting staff
You mean pro scouting? Our drafts are a billion times better than they used to be, could be better sure but we're finally doing decent drafting and you want them fired? :o

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
You mean pro scouting? Our drafts are a billion times better than they used to be, could be better sure but we're finally doing decent drafting and you want them fired? :eek:

How about we wait til a non first rounder cracks the lineup before praising the drafting.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
thought t was going to be a press conference to announce the banner raising for the 84-85 northland coliseum concession staff and how they were one of the greatest concession sales crew ever assembled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad