Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CHI] Caggiula + Garrison for Manning + Norell

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Mcdavid will ask for a trade this summer. Why wouldn't he

100% he will. He'd be an idiot not to if we're being honest with ourselves. The only way I can see this NOT happening is if they fire Chia and the entire OBC the day after the season ends. I could see McDavid giving the next management group a year or two. If Chia or the OBC is allowed to stay on, Connor is asking for a trade, no doubt about it.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Manning is signed for more than Caggiula, and is signed for next year which hurts our cap for next year. Manning hurts us anytime he is on the ice and will hurt our cap next year.
It isn't a good trade. However, Manning's contract isn't so bad that we cannot trade him in the offseason. The worst part of the deal is that he brought in an individual who McDavid hates.

The trade Chiarelli made were pointless. However, none of the trades will affect us in the future.

Chiarelli will be gone before the season is over.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Wow, what a ****ing ****head. Trade away a good friend from our best player for a player he ****ing hates. Way to treat your superstar ********. Not to mention Manning is **** and he he's taking up 2.25mill for the next season as well. **** you Chia.
Who cares if he trades McDavid friends?

The job here is to build a winning team.

Not to have a bunch of friends.

Doesn't change the fact that its a terrible trade, but cause he traded McDavid's friend isnt the reason.

Reactions: Oilhawks and North

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don't want another 5 year Comintern plan comrade. I can't handle the waiting for watery soup and moldy bread.

I want glasnost now! ;)

Chiarelli was supposed to be Gorbachev. They're both bald, anyways.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It isn't a good trade. However, Manning's contract isn't so bad that we cannot trade him in the offseason. The worst part of the deal is that he brought in an individual who McDavid hates.

The trade Chiarelli made were pointless. However, none of the trades will affect us in the future.

Chiarelli will be gone before the season is over.
Wat? Manning is an AHL defender signed to a 2.5 mill cap hit. We would have to trade him and a pick for future considerations.

Why are you trying to defend the trade?

Reactions: TB12

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
So, next year:

Spooner - 3.1M
Manning - 2.25M
Benning - 1.9M
Lucic - 6M

That's 13.25M of cap space basically wasted on guys that could be replaced by around or barely over league minimum salary players.

Awesome...

Being nice and not including the 1.63M in buyouts.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
100% he will. He'd be an idiot not to if we're being honest with ourselves. The only way I can see this NOT happening is if they fire Chia and the entire OBC the day after the season ends. I could see McDavid giving the next management group a year or two. If Chia or the OBC is allowed to stay on, Connor is asking for a trade, no doubt about it.
I feel like everyone on this board is actually dead, and this is our version of hell.

Being an Oilers fan is cursed.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Dakinjor

Nov 13, 2014
Who cares if he trades McDavid friends?

The job here is to build a winning team.

Not to have a bunch of friends.

Doesn't change the fact that its a terrible trade, but cause he traded McDavid's friend isnt the reason.

Its not the fact that he traded mcdavids friend, its the fact he traded mcdavids friend. for his number 1 enemy. and a worse overall hockey player (IMO). who gets payed more money. ???? Like why

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So, next year:

Spooner - 3.1M
Manning - 2.25M
Benning - 1.9M
Lucic - 6M

That's 13.25M of cap space basically wasted on guys that could be replaced by around or barely over league minimum salary players.

Awesome...

It's McDavid and Draisaitl's fault clearly that we have no cap room. Can't expect depth, nosireeee Bob.

Reactions: oobga

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Wow, what a ****ing ****head. Trade away a good friend from our best player for a player he ****ing hates. Way to treat your superstar ********. Not to mention Manning is **** and he he's taking up 2.25mill for the next season as well. **** you Chia.
There is really no justification..

The only thing I can remotely think that makes sense is the hitch maybe noticed some cliques in the room.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Special Peter made our team worse, frigged our dressing room, pissed off McDavid and added cap $ all in one fell swoop.

Caggs would have been a great adder piece to a trade that could actually improve this team not to mention he was one of the few guys we have who has any potential at adding some offence.

That’s the thing ain’t it... caggiula and a 3rd is the start of a package. That’s almost a Mike Hoffman package right there!

Bum

Ontario Oiler fan
Aug 31, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
I remember when Darryl Sittler had an issue with Punch Imlach back in the day and traded Lanny Mcdonald to Colorado just to spite him. Maybe did McDavid piss off Chiarelli and he decided to go rogue.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
I don’t know if I can be a fan of this team with Chia near this org. f*** me his decision making is questionable at best. This trade is him in a nutshell... he has awful judgement. In what world is this trade beneficial?!

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
This is ridiculous now, please stop this madness, seems like the sky is the limit for this inept ******ing GM, in trying to save his job. Just trading for any plug that he can get his hands on, hoping they can pan out. "Hey Connor let me introduce to Brandon, remember the guy that deliberately broke your collar bone" hahahahahhahaha

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Wouldn't take Manning for free as a UFA. I laughed at Hawks fans. So bad.

Nope, wouldn't take the guy as a league minimum player. But we just traded a cheaper top-9 player for him. And this is besides the OBVIOUS issues with trading for the ONE f***ING GUY that McDavid has expressed hatred for. JESUS f***ING CHRIST!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad