Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CHI] Caggiula + Garrison for Manning + Norell

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Ok I wasn't the biggest fan of Caggiula but he has 7 goals this year on a team that doesn't score. You're trading him for a guy who makes even more.. a guy who broke McDavid's collarbone and the whole team was trying to run over in a game vs. Philly.

Makes no sense.
Seven goals and he’s a guy that busts his ass on every shift. We don’t have that combination in many players on this team.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I’m convinced Chiarelli is secretly a double agent for the other NHL teams.

I mean, he's probably trying his best to get McDavid to request a trade and then watch that team that gets him hire Chiarelli afterwards as a scout.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
So, next year:

Spooner - 3.1M
Manning - 2.25M
Benning - 1.9M
Lucic - 6M

That's 13.25M of cap space basically wasted on guys that could be replaced by around or barely over league minimum salary players.

Awesome...

Being nice and not including the 1.63M in buyouts.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Sekera as he's got a very high salary too.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
giphy.gif

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
This is where I’m at. Wideman/Petrovic at least makes us better. Caggiula/Manning makes us worse
I agree. I do think that Hitch has been screaming for more compete and Manning does give us that. I suspect there's another deal coming for a forward? Manning and Petrovic is an upgrade over Wideman, Garrison.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Wat? Manning is an AHL defender signed to a 2.5 mill cap hit. We would have to trade him and a pick for future considerations.

Why are you trying to defend the trade?
How am I defending the trade? If I were to defend the trade, would I call it a bad trade?

Manning is making $2.25 M after this season, not $2.5 M. You are overestimating the cost to dump a player like him. The Oilers may have to retain, but they won't have to add a draft pick.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I hope Nurse does get traded. For his sake. The return won't be what you want and he'll go to an organization that lets him flourish. It will be another kick in the junk.

McDavid won't be here much longer anyway so might as well throw Drai on the board too.

Not for nothing but Nurse needs to figure out the defensive side of the game to flourish and I'm not sure he has the brain for that.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This screams "get rid of Caggiula for whatever you can get" ... which makes ZERO sense.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
So, next year:

Spooner - 3.1M
Manning - 2.25M
Benning - 1.9M
Lucic - 6M

That's 13.25M of cap space basically wasted on guys that could be replaced by around or barely over league minimum salary players.

Awesome...

Being nice and not including the 1.63M in buyouts.

Don't forget Sekera, an extra 5.5 mil who hasnt played much over the last couple of seasons. Also Petrovic

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
There is really no justification..

The only thing I can remotely think that makes sense is the hitch maybe noticed some cliques in the room.

Its really what I'm wondering. Sometimes you blow it up a bit to get things back to a more working like team concept and increase tension, heat, and less friendly confines.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
He didn't trade away any important pieces. Yes, it is a loss, but it won't hurt the future

Yes, it does actually hurt our future as Cags >>>> Manning, AND Cags makes 750K less per season. So we took back the lesser player BY FAR, and we managed to f***ing ADD cap space. You can't make this shit up. There is also the little fact that it pushes our generational player closer to asking for a trade. So yeah, all around this is a bunch of bullshit.

God Chia is the biggest f***ing moron I've ever seen head a NHL team. I used to consider Milbury as the worst GM in my lifetime, but I think Chia might be inching ahead of even Milbury for his level of ineptness.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
There HAS to be another trade or waive of Manning. There's legit no ****ing way they're going to bring this assclown into McDavid's room. It'd be the biggest slap in the face I've seen in a while, the guy legit told him he injured him intentionally. I will being booing this ass clown at Rogers place if he ever puts on an Oilers jersey
We can only hope that this is the plan, if this GM is serious about this, please Connor GTFO I'll cheer for you and your new team wherever you go!

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad