Anderson
Savard

To CBJ:
Larsson
Chiasson
C. Jones
Puljujarvi
2020 2nd rd pick

Major shakeup for both teams, with Anderson struggling this season and needing a change of scenery, and Columbus definitely not a playoff team this year might be time to collect on some futures with Puljujarvi playing well in Finland and a top oilers D prospect (Seth's brother) and a pick along with roster replacements, I feel Larsson for Savard is fairly equal in itself.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don’t think it’s that bad but Lumbus fans are going to say that Anderson only moves in a package for Draisaitl... which is crazy, but they’ll say it.

Value is slanted to Edmonton, mostly because Chiasson is ass.

I also don’t think the Oilers need a major shakeup right now. They need to get healthy and add a 3C or a 2W without moving much off the roster.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
I'm not a CBJ fan, but this looks pretty bad for them at first glance. None of the pieces heading their way seems like it fills a need and the value doesn't seem to be great either. I don't see CBJ being interested unless they think Jenner and Anderson's struggles are for real, which seems doubtful. Also it doesn't fit in the Oilers cap.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Caleb Jones to CBJ is dumb. They don't value him because their defensive depth is their strength.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I don’t think it’s that bad but Lumbus fans are going to say that Anderson only moves in a package for Draisaitl... which is crazy, but they’ll say it.

I also don’t think the Oilers need a major shakeup right now. They need to get healthy and add a 3C or a 2W without moving much off the roster.
Columbus fans completely overrate Anderson, true.

But no.. this one is "that bad".

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
twitch.gif

aargh4.gif

chainsaw.gif

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

Way to be overly dramatic...it is that bad

No Columbus fans think Anderson is worth drai...its that we don't want to trade him...no desire unless it's a huge overpayment

Reactions: go4hockey and Viqsi

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
To Edm:
Jenner
Anderson
Savard

To CBJ:
Larsson
Chiasson
C. Jones
Puljujarvi
2020 2nd rd pick

Major shakeup for both teams, with Anderson struggling this season and needing a change of scenery, and Columbus definitely not a playoff team this year might be time to collect on some futures with Puljujarvi playing well in Finland and a top oilers D prospect (Seth's brother) and a pick along with roster replacements, I feel Larsson for Savard is fairly equal in itself.

That is such a garbage proposal. Three solid NHL players for one who is a lateral move on D if not a downgrade and a bunch of pie in the sky.

Chaisson is pretty useless
Jones has proven nothing
Puljujarvi is borderline bust and the CBJ could have taken him if they wanted
A second is mute.

Awful awful trade for Jackets

Reactions: UnSandvich

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Edmonton and the Jackets are not potential trade partners. But people in Edmonton keep making ridiculous offers.

Here we go again:

Josh Anderson is 25 years old and he scored 47 points last season. He is big and fast and even willing to fight Zdano Chara. Not many people meet that description.

He hurt his shoulder in the playoffs last year and people suspect he has not fully recovered, hence his slow start.

He is an RFA after the season. The Jackets consider him a core piece and aren't looking to trade him. If we do trade him, we are looking for an upgrade at forward.

Our D is good. We have a pretty good RHD just out of Notre Dame in the AHL (Andrew Peeke) and way more LHD than we know what to do with.

We have several good goalie prospects and we are going with two young goalies in the NHL season. You might disagree with the strategy, but we are not looking for a goalie.

We have a ton of middle six forwards.

We need a Panarin replacement or a 1B/2 C which is why we traded for Duchene last year.

So to get Josh Anderson, you are going to need to offer us a forward better than Josh Anderson.

We are willing to trade other guys to make a deal. We have lots of D, like 2nd pair RHD David Savard or LHD Markus Nutivaara who has a pretty good contract that could be added to the deal. We could throw in someone like Sonny Milano, a skilled former first round pick who doesn't play much defense.

So let's look at forwards and prospects from the Oilers and see if we can make a deal:

NAMEGAPTS+/-For Anderson?Why or why not?
Leon Draisaitl C1632486YOne of the best players in the NHL
Connor McDavid C1829475YBest player in NHL
Zack Kassian RW810189N28 and never had a 30 point season
James Neal LW14317-12N32 and bad contract
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins C51116-4NUFA next year
Alex Chiasson RW246-1N29 and never had a 40 point season
Gaetan Haas C2350N27 year old rookie
Patrick Russell RW0441NAre you kidding?
Jujhar Khaira LW404-4NHe has awesome eyebrows, but no thanks
Markus Granlund C3140N26 and once had a 30 point season
Sam Gagner C1340NBeen there, done that
Tomas Jurco RW0221N26 and in the AHL -- we have those guys
Joakim Nygard LW112-3N26 year old rookie
Colby Cave C101-1NIs he bettter than Marko Dano?
Riley Sheahan C011-8N27 and never had a 40 point season
Josh Archibald RW000-6NAre you kidding?
Evan BouchardMD, if we could then flip him for similar forward prospect
Philip BrobergMD, if we could then flip him for similar forward prospect
Kailer YamamotoNWe have plenty of small skilled forwards
Tyler BensonMMaybe if part of a package with a better player
Ryan McLeodMMaybe if part of a package with a better player
Cooper MarodyNIs he friends with Werenski?
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
The Oilers have 2 forwards who leap off the page. We would certainly make a deal with Anderson for either.

After McJesus and Drai, it is pretty slim pickings. RNH is a UFA after next year, so he is probably out unless we make a deal next year that also involves an extension. The rest of the Oilers forwards? I think we'll pass on any of them in a deal centered around Josh Anderson.

As for prospects, the Oilers top two play defense. And Yamamoto is on the small side, so I don't know that he is what we are after.

So I don’t think a trade is likely. But if the Oilers really want Josh, it is a trade that involves Drai. Or a third team who wants Bouchard and has a top forward to trade.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The Oilers are jammed full in the bottom 6 with players not earning their contract. Why in the hell would they want to add Anderson?
Anderson would be the 3 or 4th piece in a trade for Draisaitl......it would start with Dubois

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
The Oilers are jammed full in the bottom 6 with players not earning their contract. Why in the hell would they want to add Anderson?
Anderson would be the 3 or 4th piece in a trade for Draisaitl......it would start with Dubois

Why have there been so many posts about the Oilers and Anderson? Blue Jackets fans aren’t starting these threads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad