Proposal: EDM/CAR (Faulk)

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
:edmonton
Justin Faulk

:canes
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Darnell Nurse
2017 1st (lottery protected, becomes 2018 1st)

Canes fans hate Faulk for RNH, do these pieces make it any easier?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Edmonton doesn't have the pieces to get Faulk anymore. No reasonable combination of RNH, Draisatl, or Eberle is getting Faulk.

Let's say for poops and giggles:

Puljujarvi + RNH + Nurse
For
Faulk + Lindholm

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
You guys sure told them with the whole "You can keep Faulk then" stuff.

They'll gladly keep Faulk!

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Hall+ would've been fine as the centerpiece in a deal for Faulk, without him there's nothing to talk about. I like RNH a lot but I'm not giving up Faulk for him. I'd give Pesce+Lindholm though.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Doesn't really help Edmonton though... We need a Top 4 puck moving RHD tomorrow. Not in the future and not a prospect to downgrade a forward.

I guess you missed Pesce playing 20 mins a night last season for us. Id rather keep Pesce.

We all can agree on Yak for Murph though.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
We've already seen your GM overpay for a player he wants so all this value talk can pound sand. If he wants Faulk it's going to cost you.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Justin Faulk

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Darnell Nurse

Don't need a LHD coming back. I'd do this:

Faulk

RNH
Eberle
2017 1st unprotected

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Doesn't really help Edmonton though... We need a Top 4 puck moving RHD tomorrow. Not in the future and not a prospect to downgrade a forward.

And Pesce is not a top 4 RHD that can move the puck? Have you ever even seen him play? And hell with Lindholm you'd be getting 75% of the production at half the price and two years younger as compared to RNH.

Actually now that I think about it, I probably have to pull this off the table. It's only my high regard for RNH that made me post it, but in a lot of ways it's an overpayment.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Don't need a LHD coming back. I'd do this:

Faulk

RNH
Eberle
2017 1st unprotected

We would need a RHD in a Faulk trade.

After Faulk, it's Pesce, Wiz, Murphy, McKeown...or play Slavin on the off-hand side. There's exactly 1 top-4 RHD in that mix and Pesce's not capable of top-pair minutes. (I'd rather not pencil in Slavin on the top-pair long-term on his off-hand.)

I'd need one untouchable piece in the offer from Edmonton (Drai or Pulju) to move Faulk without getting a top-4 RHD back and I don't see them replacing Eberle or RNH with that piece.

Any notion of there being a viable offer for Faulk to Edmonton died with the Hall trade.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Justin Faulk

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Darnell Nurse

I think this is a bigger overpayment than the Hall - Larsson deal. Nugent-Hopkins and Hall probably have similar value around the league (Hall's obviously being lower than we expected). Nuge and the 1st is the most I'd go. We aren't as desperate for Faulk as we were 24 hours ago, if we don't land Faulk, so be it.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
We would need a RHD in a Faulk trade.

After Faulk, it's Pesce, Wiz, Murphy, McKeown...or play Slavin on the off-hand side. There's exactly 1 top-4 RHD in that mix and Pesce's not capable of top-pair minutes. (I'd rather not pencil in Slavin on the top-pair long-term on his off-hand.)

I'd need one untouchable piece in the offer from Edmonton (Drai or Pulju) to move Faulk without getting a top-4 RHD back and I don't see them replacing Eberle or RNH with that piece.

Any notion of there being a viable offer for Faulk to Edmonton died with the Hall trade.

okay so you would take Fayne then..

I dont think CAR was interested in Hall anyway...

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I see the trade yesterday has yet to humble some of you, particularly after all of the "We wouldn't even do Hall for Faulk straight up" bs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad