Proposal: EDM/CAR (Faulk)

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The first would not be protected or there is no reason for CAR to accept it. I could see Drai + _____ + 2017 unprotected 1st for Faulk being fair.

Also to the guy who said hall and RNH had same value that would be a no. You were right the value isn't as high as you thought but Hall still has more. The jersey gm said it was hall mcdavid or nothing. C carries more value then the wing so if even Dria and Rnh weren't acceptable then you know they had less value. Faulk least much more value than Larsson. That means your looking at giving up major pieces.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
carolina asks draisaitl + nurse. I doubt this package gets it done

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Carolina is better off keeping Faulk unless that pick ends up being top 3 and this trade makes Edmonton scary. So using that logic, the Canes probably say no.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
i would faulk + 2nd for rnh + eberle + top 3 protected first in 2017, otherwise first in 2018 i think

If I'm Edmonton I make that deal in a second and sign a forward with the cap space created.

Up front: McJesus, Drai, Puljujarvi, Lucic?

Defense: Faulk, Larsson, Klefbom

Pretty good core to build around. Still have guys like Pouliot and Yak up front as well. Defense is set for years to come.

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
Hall+ would've been fine as the centerpiece in a deal for Faulk, without him there's nothing to talk about. I like RNH a lot but I'm not giving up Faulk for him. I'd give Pesce+Lindholm though.

I'd do Pesce + lindholm for nuge

Lindholm becomes our # 3 center, Pesce would be a nice #4 RHD still on ELC.
I would even add a bit from the oiler side.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Pesce and Lindholm for RNH? I think I'd do that as well.

I dont think I'd do that honestly....maybe I think there is more possible with Lindholm than others, but either way I dont love RNH either. He's solid dont get me wrong, but I'd bet against him getting to 60 points in Carolina.

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
Would rather just keep Faulk if that is the offer

Huh? You guys are making out like bandits in this scenario. You get a very a good #2 C, a defensemen with top pairing potential, and first round pick. Over payment by EDM big time.

RNH would be huge for Carolina considering you have the least impressive group of forwards in the league.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Huh? You guys are making out like bandits in this scenario. You get a very a good #2 C, a defensemen with top pairing potential, and first round pick. Over payment by EDM big time.

RNH would be huge for Carolina considering you have the least impressive group of forwards in the league.

That is being generous.

Canes already have two good 2Cs in Rask and Jordan Staal. They don't need RNH.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
:edmonton
Justin Faulk

:canes
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Darnell Nurse
2017 1st (lottery protected, becomes 2018 1st)

Canes fans hate Faulk for RNH, do these pieces make it any easier?

Do Oilers fans realize that the Hurricanes in the past 3 NHL draft have taken a LHD in the 1st round. Fleury, Hanifan, and Bean. Don't see how it makes sense for them to deal their top RHD.

Would make more sense to move one of the LHD.

Avenger*

Faulk to Edmonton threads obviously improve with every passing week.

Don't know how many times this can be rehashed over and over again...

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I'd do that without hesitation. RNH is a good player but I'm not high on Nurse at all and a lottery protected pick isn't all that great

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I guess you missed Pesce playing 20 mins a night last season for us. Id rather keep Pesce.

We all can agree on Yak for Murph though.

And Pesce is not a top 4 RHD that can move the puck? Have you ever even seen him play? And hell with Lindholm you'd be getting 75% of the production at half the price and two years younger as compared to RNH.

Actually now that I think about it, I probably have to pull this off the table. It's only my high regard for RNH that made me post it, but in a lot of ways it's an overpayment.

Admittedly no, I haven't seen him play much, but a 70 game player with 16 points doesn't scream Top 4 puck moving PP quarterback. He's in the age group, but we need that final D man to lead the PP man, it's no secret. 5 Powerplay points in 70 games doesn't fill that need.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
EDM already over paid for 1 dman not going to do it again.
EDM is a lot better at this point and we still have some young prospects to play in the top 6

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Nurse, RNH and a 2017 2nd for Faulk and a mid level prospect.

No thank you a right shooting dman at this point is too much I am actually happy with what we have and not depleting our fwds

Klefbom, Larrson
Sekera, Fayne
Davidson, bottom dman

Fayne's agent already stated he is in really good shape

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Admittedly no, I haven't seen him play much, but a 70 game player with 16 points doesn't scream Top 4 puck moving PP quarterback. He's in the age group, but we need that final D man to lead the PP man, it's no secret. 5 Powerplay points in 70 games doesn't fill that need.

Pesce is 21 years old and just played his rookie season. It's likely he eclipses 16 points in future years. That said, he is already a physical, 2nd pairing RHD. It's unlikely he will be a PP quarterback, or play on the first PP unit much at all (then again in Carolina we had Faulk, Hanifin, and Liles all play ahead of him last year, so there's a chance he would on another team). His 3 years in college he scored 6 points in 38 games, 21 points in 41 games, and then 16 points in 31 games. He'll never score 40 in the NHL, but I'd expect him to be at least a 20 point D, and potentially a 25-30 point guy. He's also 6'3" and weighs 200 lbs, so he has a nice frame. He has a lot of value and plays a really good physical and positional game, but don't judge him by his PP stats because he isn't a PP player right now.

Also, last year Pesce scored 4.57 PP points per 60 minutes. That was 4th best on the team after Riley Nash (lol), Rask, and Faulk. Pesce only played 65 PP minutes, compared to 185 minutes for Hanifin.

TLDR, Pesce is very good at moving the puck, yes. But he isn't a PP quarterback, and no one said he is. Consider him more of a 2-way guy. I'd hope he has a similar career to NHL player Derek Morris.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Nurse, RNH and a 2017 2nd for Faulk and a mid level prospect.

Canes pass. Faulk's a RHD, we're shorter on RHD and don't need another LHD. RNH is really not enough of an upgrade over what we have in middle-6 Cs to make this even remotely interesting. "RNH, Nurse+" is the wrong offer.

These are literally just the wrong pieces for what the Canes would need to move Faulk: an NHL-ready C with 1C upside and a RHD spec. with top-4 potential...basically an NHL C with the potential to become a 1C (e.g. Drai, but not RNH) and not-NHL-ready RHD with the potential to become Faulk. (Edmonton doesn't have.)

To wit, a 1D today for a potential 1C and 1D in a few years.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
This is actually a good deal for edm. You are upgrading from nurse into Faulk for RNH which is huge. The first is useless for edm anyways. #1-2 RHD offensive d that you need. That's a better trade than the hall one.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Keep Faulk for these prices. You're out of your mind if you're thinking we're going to overpay that much. We're not nearly as desperate anymore. That's the reality. You had your chance to rip us off, but that time has passed. Pretty obvious that Chia will look for more reasonable deals from here on.

You can continue to dream if that makes you feel better. Just don't hold your breath, is what I'm saying. I think the odds of another overpay to the same degree are VERY small now. That trade for Larsson, and us not getting full value, I fully expected; I saw it coming, which made it much easier for me to accept. But it's not happening again, and especially so soon. We're not going to gut our forwards for 2 Dmen in total; just not happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->