Confirmed with Link: [EDM/ANA/TBL] Oilers acquire Adam Henrique (75% ret.), Sam Carrick (50% ret.), Ty Taylor & ANA 7th '24 <-> EDM 1st '24, cond. 4th '25, & cond. 5th '25

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
We will have to wait and see what else gets done by the deadline…these guys are pure rentals, and so far some teams have been getting some pretty good rentals giving up far less than we just did. The higher price seems to correlate with the retention which indicates to me that Holland isn’t done so he must have something else in the works
I think there is a very good chance that Henrique stays. At his age he could easily sign a team friendly deal with term to play for a contender. His ability to play center and wing works well for the Oilers. He is also a goal scorer which they need more of.

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think there is a very good chance that Henrique stays. At his age he could easily sign a team friendly deal with term to play for a contender. His ability to play center and wing works well for the Oilers. He is also a goal scorer which they need more of.
Both guys could potentially be back. Carrick won't cost a lot to bring back and what's worse case scenario, you waive him and he's a vet for the Condors?

Reactions: Oilhawks

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I know that trades are part of life for an NHL player, and we expect them to just carry on like robots after they are dealt, but gotta be tough for Henrique and his wife who just had their second child last week. Brutal time to have to leave his wife and young family, that can’t be easy. And obviously tough for her as well having to go solo.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Good chance Henrique will be back next year and beyond. He'll be playing on Draisaitl's line tonight.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
I know that trades are part of life for an NHL player, and we expect them to just carry on like robots after they are dealt, but gotta be tough for Henrique and his wife who just had their second child last week. Brutal time to have to leave his wife and young family, that can’t be easy. And obviously tough for her as well having to go solo.

She grew up in an NHL family (Steve Thomas is her dad), so she's not a stranger to it. He bounced around a fair amount.

That said, she's pretty entrenched in SoCal ... Did college in SD, taught elementary school in the area, and recently started her own business there. Guess her dad's short stint with the Ducks made an impression on her.

I'm sure in his ideal world he wins a Cup this year, and then one of the two SoCal teams gives him a good offer so he doesn't have to move his family.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Oct 15, 2008
How other teams are sending away less than we did speaks to limited cap room, and how either nobody wants Ceci - or nobody wants Ceci with another year on his contract. Takes two parties to make a trade.
Ceci wasn’t a part of this. Taney went without giving up a first. I think he would be more valuable to this team than what we got.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
For everyone saying Henrique is bad defensively you are wrong.

The team brought him in to be a defensive checking line centre

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Well not surprised Carrick had the scrap yesterday. What did surprise me is the picture I saw of him on oilersnation social media. He looks crazy lol.

Can see why Henrique floats around that 20g mark every year. He fired that one puck yesterday and it really caught be off guard. Real hard wrist shot, be interesting to see how it all plays out for him with all the guys we have that can get him the puck.

Reactions: guymez and Oilhawks

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
Seeing that Toffoli just went for a 2nd, 4th @50% retained makes me wish we paid less for Henrique.

don't get me wrong I like Henrique but that deal for Toffoli is better

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Since the deadline this is how Henrique ranks on our team for forwards
Corsi For%: 38.39 (11th)
Shots For%: 32.56 (12th)
Expected Goals%: 25.27 (13th)

Only player that has been worse has been Connor Brown. It’s technically only been 4 games but that’s just awful.

• Wow
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Only player that has been worse has been Connor Brown. It’s technically only been 4 games but that’s just awful.
I hope we lock up Carrick for 2 years if we can. Henrique has started so slow that it's scary tbh.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011

Said this earlier about guys who seems to put up garbage time points on bad teams...Henrique, Bjugstad, etc. Gotta watch out for those guys. Holland's pro scouting strategy seems to be "they've been in the league a long time, I've been hearing their name forever."

Reactions: CycloneSweep

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I'm one of the biggest Toffoli fans around and have been for a dozen years. But he's a talented yet flawed player. He's incomplete. He featured that just in the last game we played against him. Toffoli can be exploited. If he had one fault its being caught up ice. Not entirely hard to understand either because he's a good NHL gun, usually goes hotter in playoffs.

But I've seen enough of Henrique as well to sense that he's a more complete player, one that gives you more honest 200ft game. I've appreciated the latter player since 2012. Henrique was one of the more intriguing forwards the Kings faced and erased that spring. Henrique scored 2 goals for NJ in that cup final. A NJ club that had a ton of trouble getting any goals past the Kings. Henrique in my sense was the last Devil to give up that spring and the only Devil to score in the final game before NJ finally succumbed. He scored the winning goal as well in the game that helped the Devils make a series of it and not be swept.

Henrique didn't get anything done last time he was in playoffs, and it has to sting as others have mentioned for him not to have ever been on the playoff road again. I mean he went all the way to the final in 2012 on a magical run. Nobody would know more than Henrique how these opportunities can be rare.

The question to me is can Henrique rekindle the type of game he had that spring. Thats all that matters and it makes it fascinating to watch. But I saw the passion in Henrique that spring and it burned bright.
He's 34 now. Also his role with the Oilers will be vastly different than it was with the Devils years ago. Hopefully, he will have Peca-like playoffs back in 2006.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
He was obviously pretty awful in those first couple of road games but also looked to have a pretty limited role to get eased into it.

I thought he looked a lot better the last couple of games. Really smart player, hopefully he gets some scoring going although I wouldn't hold my breath too much given his deployment.

Reactions: Oilhawks

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Is that actually Eakins? The whole "yo" has me thrown off
Maybe? I thought on X you had to say whether an account is a parody or not in the name. At least early on when musk bought it you had to say it was. Besides, who would pose as Dallas Eakins of all people. Lol

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
He’s also dealing witha pretty big emotional upheaval as was clear from his after hours interview when he choked up talking about missing his family. I will reserve judgement on this trade for now, he’s a human being and it can take guys a bit of time. I have seen evidence of good play there, he’s also being stuffed on a pretty crappy line right now so it’s not like he’s being given any help.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00