Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Awful read by McAvoy. Not only was it the wrong read, but he made it too slowly.

Not something you see from him very often

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
We did this.

Zero reason to win game 82 against Boston but we did and instead of facing the Panthers and going out in 4 games the Leafs got to play the Bruins.

That's win pisses me off a hell of a lot more than the Leafs winning. Boston's roster is laughably untalented and it should surprise no one this series is going to 7 games.

No idea how they managed to get 109 points with Charlie Coyle as their 3rd best forward.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
LOL. No shutout for Woll, but it doesn't matter.

Leafs in 7 is the lock of the decade. Look for a monster performance from Matthews in his return.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Also, somebody at TSN was a little too eager to update the headline:
lel.PNG

• Wow
Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Bruins definitely clear the front of their crease alright and DEFINITELY have 3 RD and 3 LD. Balanced as all things should be you simply stand no chance again them

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
No idea how they managed to get 109 points with Charlie Coyle as their 3rd best forward.
Excellent goaltending and a commitment to team defense can take you a long way in the NHL regular season. Most teams are kinda shit, really, so beating the likes of Ottawa, Columbus, Anaheim, San Jose, Chicago, etc. shouldn't really be a big deal.

In the playoffs you need stars. Guys that can make plays. Boston just don't have those guys...

Pavel Zacha - has never scored a playoff goal.
Charlie Coyle - 8 goals in his last 44 playoff games
Danton Heinen - 6 goals in 45 playoff games

If you can stop Pastrnak - and the Leafs have been all over him lately - you'll beat Boston in a series. Good regular season team with good depth, but depth is exponentially less important than having elite guys at the top of your lineup.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
So if Boston loses game 7, does Jim Montgomery get fired? Back to back blown 3-1 series leads for him.

Last edited:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
We did this.

Zero reason to win game 82 against Boston but we did and instead of facing the Panthers and going out in 4 games the Leafs got to play the Bruins.

That's win pisses me off a hell of a lot more than the Leafs winning. Boston's roster is laughably untalented and it should surprise no one this series is going to 7 games.

The Bruins have very good goaltending and solid team defense. They keep games close against good teams and feast off their opponents sloppy play. But their offensive skill is below average.
It's no coincidence they tied for the league's most OT games but had a poor winning percentage in doing so when offensive skill really stands out.

Reactions: DrEasy

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Damn Leafs....I told my son when Austin wasn't playing that the leafs are going to start winning and playing as a team....sort of like when Morgan Reilly was suspended because Grieg hurt his feelings. I thought the Leafs would collapse, the losers when on a four-game winning streal with their number one dman suspended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad