BRUINS GDT EDF Game 3 - THE BEAR heads to Uniondale - Part III - Overtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Cassidy doesn't seem willing to make any changes that he isn't forced to make by injury, but yes there are some guys out there who are not playing well.

Can sit DeBrusk, Ritchie, and Wagneron the 8th floor as far as I'm concerned they are negative players
Have had enough of Kuraly also.

Reactions: chizzler

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Game 3 of the first round, a Russian goalie makes 40 saves for the Caps to allow a "weak" goal early in double OT.

Game 3 of the second round, a Russian goalie makes 39 saves for the Islanders to allow a "weak" goal early in OT.

Ovechkin says hi, Semyon!

Reactions: Silva and Gordoff

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
NBC should be f***ing ashamed of itself for not naming Tuukka Rask one of the three stars

Varlamov had a hell of a night but that was one of the weakest playoff OT goals since that time Dan Boyle shot it in his own net. Marchand gets credit for tricking him on the sneaky play, but woof. After NBC had been fluffing him all night.
I don’t think Rask will lose any sleep over it.

Reactions: NeelyOrr

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Can see Bruins winning game 4 personally but it probably won’t happen. But they can and should

losing Carlo is bad. The biggest thing about this game that gives me pause is even if we win the series they’ve shown me very little that suggests they could beat Colorado/bolts anyways

Cassidy needs to break through the glass ceiling he has hit as a coach, and we need more from a select few guys (DeBrusk, Kuraly, Lazar, Lauzon, Reilly) and they’ll be golden

I've felt that same way. Unless there's another gear they are saving for some reason I don't see how there's a competitive series between us and them.

But definitely trying to enjoy the ride so far.

Reactions: KnightofBoston

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Who knows. If they make it through the islanders, they may perform okay with teams that play a higher skilled, more open style of game.

Maybe it’s naive of me to think maybe, just maybe, they can beat the lightning with much of the same roster composition that has lost twice, but I’ll hold out hope.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
GReat win! Ugly goal....2-1 Boston.
I disgree with some reading here...tight game, very good road game. Rask again very good. Hope is and will be ok, seem not confortable for some mouvement.
REAlly hope Carlo is fine.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
They just said what a heart breaker on cbc. So is this cbc feed working for nyi? I felt they were against the bruins during the washington series. Now this. Whats up with that...there should be no bias.

That is why I watch with the mute button on.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Rask earned the W. Bruins need to stop giving Islanders space when they're 1 or 2 behind. They're not giving up.

I mean, when the Bruins were up 1-0 they didn't give up a shot for 16 straight minutes. What else do you want? The shots were 18-0 in that stretch.

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
Uh-oh. Woke the neighbours! Not my fault, they can blame this magnificent bastard .... CLUTCH

386F3670-E0D5-49D0-9F83-4C452E9C137C.jpeg

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Hey so Wagner should not see the ice again in this series. Kuraly has been bad too, but Wagner has been abysmal. It’s too bad too because I they are holding back Lazar big time.

Reactions: NeelyOrr and Silva

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Yeah so did Varlamov. Made 39 saves.

Exactly, Rask did not steal that game.

Shots were 36-17 at one point. Rask made some good saves but Varlomov kept it from being 4-1

Final goal was awful though

Reactions: BTO

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Also I fully realize the Bruins had possession but play should have been stopped immediately for Carlo when he fell over trying to reach for his stick... we see play whistled dead for much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2