Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 3 - MARCHAND WINS IT IN OT!!!!!! - BRUINS lead series 2-1

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
He was also damaged goods.

If he were still the 22 year old Pederson he gets the money.
Yes he was damaged but even if he were 22 and healthy he still gets the Sinden shuffle when it comes to $$$. Look at all of the others that Sinden screwed over and lost.

Reactions: lopey

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
View attachment 443282

Can't score if you don't shoot.

2.6 shots per game for an entire forward line ain't going to get it done.

What I remember about Shawn Thornton is that he was a high-density shooter. From all angles, he'd just throw it on net, once in a while it'd cause a rebound and a junk goal, but he wasn't afraid to shoot at all.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Consistently inconsistent you mean, as game management dictates. They allowed a number of cross checks before calling the Kuraly one and are allowing plenty of hooks/slashes go on both teams, only to call it randomly. One of the calls giving the Bs a PP last night was brutal at best as well.

The Bruins are better off 5v5 vs NYI regardless and Bruce knows this. NYI cannot score without a man advantage or a fortunate bounce. Keep it 5v5.

That was my issue as well. The Kuraly x check was a penalty. Palmieri went down easy, but I expect that to be called every time...not just when a Bruins player commits the foul.

Marchands stick work deserved a penalty, no question.

The Pastrnak slash was weak imo. They let most of that go through 3 games and then randomly call it. Whoever he slashed barely even reacted, it's not like he got chopped down. I was annoyed with the call, but at the same time just turn the other cheek and move on. I hope Pastrnak and Marchand were chewed out over both penalties.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That was my issue as well. The Kuraly x check was a penalty. Palmieri went down easy, but I expect that to be called every time...not just when a Bruins player commits the foul.

Marchands stick work deserved a penalty, no question.

The Pastrnak slash was weak imo. They let most of that go through 3 games and then randomly call it. Whoever he slashed barely even reacted, it's not like he got chopped down. I was annoyed with the call, but at the same time just turn the other cheek and move on. I hope Pastrnak and Marchand were chewed out over both penalties.

I can accept the Kuraly penalty as a penalty, what had me ripshit all night was that he just got hauled down by Palmieri right before that and the refs let it go. I think Bergeron got tripped in on the same shift too.

My issue isn't whether what Kuraly did was an infraction or not. It's the inconsistency of when they choose to call infractions and when not to, and given the standard they had set not only all night but literally 7 seconds earlier that shift, to give the Islanders a PP with 2:15 left in a tie game in the playoffs was an abomination.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
My biggest problem with Ritchie, apart from screening the goalie, and DeBrusk is that neither provide much of anything if they aren't scoring. The other problem is that they are on the same line, and who is good enough to replace them?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I can accept the Kuraly penalty as a penalty, what had me ripshit all night was that he just got hauled down by Palmieri right before that and the refs let it go. I think Bergeron got tripped in on the same shift too.

My issue isn't whether what Kuraly did was an infraction or not. It's the inconsistency of when they choose to call infractions and when not to, and given the standard they had set not only all night but literally 7 seconds earlier that shift, to give the Islanders a PP with 2:15 left in a tie game in the playoffs was an abomination.

The back and forth between prison rules and preseason is annoying. Then again, don't commit dumb stick fouls and there's nothing to complain about. I go both ways on it.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
What I remember about Shawn Thornton is that he was a high-density shooter. From all angles, he'd just throw it on net, once in a while it'd cause a rebound and a junk goal, but he wasn't afraid to shoot at all.
Same, same, but different with Paille. He was a high volume breakaway shooter. Normally, he'd have better luck using his tongue to try and push the puck in the net, but once in a while..

Reactions: Knox Harrington

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Hopefully Bruce adjusts the lineup for game 4.
lines 3 and 4 are useless right now.
I think wagner and Ritchie need to sit.
Like to see Blidh on 4th line LW
debrusk-coyle-kuhlman
blidh-kuraly-lazar
Cassidy won't make 2 changes after a win.
He may make 1 player move and adjust lines.
Kuhlman for Ritchie and adjust lines.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Same, same, but different with Paille. He was a high volume breakaway shooter. Normally, he'd have better luck using his tongue to try and push the puck in the net, but once in a while..

Paille was a great skater, great defender, could win a puck battle, even could stickhandle fairly well, but when it came to shooting he was lost

Reactions: BlackFrancis

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
palmieri was sitting there facing the boards with his numbers facing kuraly. That was 100% a penalty and a stupid one on kuralys part
Things are happening so friggen fast and big deal they had to kill off penalties
How many games have you watched where there was no power plays for either team
Guys get off the penalties and the poor reffing

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Things are happening so friggen fast and big deal they had to kill off penalties
How many games have you watched where there was no power plays for either team
Guys get off the penalties and the poor reffing

I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say here

Serpico

Aug 16, 2020
NYC
I see Frederic's friends and family have come to post and suggest that he is put into the lineup. Until someone is injured on the 4th line... nope.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I see Frederic's friends and family have come to post and suggest that he is put into the lineup. Until someone is injured on the 4th line... nope.

I agree that I don't expect it to happen, but in my estimation it should... just not getting enough from the 4th line. I'd sit Wags and either make Kuraly play his off wing, or put him at C and move Lazar to RW. We could use some more heaviness, and Freddy has way more skill than anyone currently on the 4th line.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
palmieri was sitting there facing the boards with his numbers facing kuraly. That was 100% a penalty and a stupid one on kuralys part
Sure that was and should have been a penalty just like many others that were not called. I don't mind the refs letting more things go , as long as its consistent for both sides. I hate when refs call ticky tack fouls inconsistently.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Sure that was and should have been a penalty just like many others that were not called. I don't mind the refs letting more things go , as long as its consistent for both sides. I hate when refs call ticky tack fouls inconsistently.

What ticky tacky penalties have they called against the bruins this series?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: