Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 3 - MARCHAND WINS IT IN OT!!!!!! - BRUINS lead series 2-1

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Whether or not people agree with the calls that have been made in the playoffs, the refs have been very consistent in their calls. They are letting teams play physical, but aren’t letting stuff like slashes, sticks to the face and cross checks slide.

Agreed. Last night was fine. Cut the extra stickwork and you're good to go. I just wish the Bruins understood this.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
you don't leave Carlo unprotected. Unless they do something really bizarre Carlo, by a wide margin, would be the best Bruin available to Seattle. They will have a dozen Clifton/Lauzon types to choose from other teams, but they won't have many 6'5 shutdown, penalty killing aces available who's only 24 but has 300+ NHL games. So even if there is some concern over his concussion history they take him 12 times out of 10. They can afford to sit him for a season if they feel they need to

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Agreed. Last night was fine. Cut the extra stickwork and you're good to go. I just wish the Bruins understood this.

It’s crazy how much complaining happens that Washington and islanders have had so many power plays. We’ve had an insane amount of penalties that are completely avoidable. The 3-4 too many men on the ice, Marchand multiple stick to the faces after the whistle, his high stick behind the play last night, Carlo unsportsmanlike for coming off the bench. And there’s plenty I’m leaving out.

The vast majority of the bruins penalties haven’t even been judgement calls, it’s been flat out obvious calls on bonehead plays.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
clifton should be protected. He will get snagged.

I love Clifton but that's fine if he does. The Bruins will survive, especially with McAvoy and Carlo ahead of him. Having Clifton as the 3rd D with the capability of stepping up when need be (as he did in the regular season) is a nice luxury, but not a necessity.

PastaSawce

Mar 6, 2021
Western MA
How about you don't TELL ME WHAT I WOULD DO
as the most logical thing ok?

Oh really? Moronic?

As sarge pointed out they are 6 weeks until the ED
so not much time to recover. Nothing moronic at
all about it. Clifton makes $1M and is an enormous
bargain. Thats $1.8M saved you can use towards
signing Reilly or another FA D man.
This guy has some weird anti-Carlo agenda I’ve seen a couple times on here. Yup, definitely moronic. I haven’t seen a word from you about that TERRIBLE angle by Clifton on that game tying goal. That most likely would’ve been Carlo-Reilly on the ice there, and that goal definitely doesn’t happen.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
McAvoy probably plays the puck up the boards and avoids the hit.

Clifton probably invites the contact and goes for the reverse hit before playing the puck.

Gryz probably does exactly what Carlo did and gets pasted...I mean we've seen it a bunch of times with him. Not sure why it would be assumed he avoids contact there.

McAvoy has done a better job at avoiding/absorbing hits this year when in pursuit of the puck along the boards. Prior to this year, he would often put himself in awful positions and get brutalized for it. I cringed every time it happened.

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
He does see the ice very well...some things he does very well on the ice but for the most part he doesn't do very well on the ice.

honestly if he just worked on his conditioning, shed 10, and put an honest effort in he would be a very capable NHL player. its not that hard. he has some skill and seems to have reasonable hockey IQ - those you cant teach - it baffles me that he hasn't hasn't realized this.

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
honestly if he just worked on his conditioning, shed 10, and put an honest effort in he would be a very capable NHL player. its not that hard. he has some skill and seems to have reasonable hockey IQ - those you cant teach - it baffles me that he hasn't hasn't realized this.

Like Cehlarik, Ritchie simply doesn't have the DNA pace/want it/NHL speed thing. IMO Ritchie has some of the tools to be a good NHL players just not all of them so it makes it difficult watching him play over other players.

BTW Cehlarik leading point leader Worlds.

Reactions: chizzler

Root

Feb 22, 2010
McAvoy has done a better job at avoiding/absorbing hits this year when in pursuit of the puck along the boards. Prior to this year, he would often put himself in awful positions and get brutalized for it. I cringed every time it happened.

I agree with that, he used to take some massive hits, this year he's done a better job at shedding/avoiding them. Wish Gryz would follow suit because every time he goes back for the puck I think it's about a 50-50 chance he is going to get smoked.

Reactions: Gordoff

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Hopefully Bruce adjusts the lineup for game 4.
lines 3 and 4 are useless right now.
I think wagner and Ritchie need to sit.
Like to see Blidh on 4th line LW
debrusk-coyle-kuhlman
blidh-kuraly-lazar

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
But Sarge, who are you protecting in lieu of exposiong Carlo?

Clifton? Lauzon? I like both guys but I don't see either one of them close to Carlo's level now or moving forward and they are all the same age basically.

A few days ago it was the lack of experience in Lauzon as a factor in his Game 2 turnover. So he's Lauzon and Carlo drafted same year, one guy has 350 NHL games under his belt, the other guy has about 80. Concussion history or not, do you really expose the far more experienced D-man in a league where experience D-man are worth their weight in gold come playoff time.

All that being said, say the Bruins expose Lauzon but really would like to keep him. It should not be terribly difficult or expensive to convince Seattle to choose a different player in exchange for another asset or two heading their way, especially considering their a more than a few "Lauzon-level" players to choose from the Bruins.

It might make some sense (the Carlo suggestion) if the Bruins were essentially guaranteed to lose another really good player or a high-level prospect.

But there aren't. What will lose is one player from the bottom 3rd of their roster. That doesn't bother me at all.

I see that and it makes sense.

I just think there's a scenario where they could expose him, protect Lauzon or Clifton and lose the other. It all depends on what happens with Carlo over the next month or so.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Hopefully Bruce adjusts the lineup for game 4.
lines 3 and 4 are useless right now.
I think wagner and Ritchie need to sit.
Like to see Blidh on 4th line LW
debrusk-coyle-kuhlman
blidh-kuraly-lazar
Lazar has been pretty blah compared to his first few games after the trade hasn’t he ?

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
I try to avoid GDTs but I almost logged in last night when Zajac took that high stick from Marchand. You'd think by his reaction he lost half his teeth, arms flailing in the air.

Clearly the Bs had a sniper hidden in the roof of the Coliseum to take out...wait for it...Zajac

it was a high stick ...no argument with the call...but do we have to see the histrionics as well

Reactions: BruinDust

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Like Cehlarik, Ritchie simply doesn't have the DNA pace/want it/NHL speed thing. IMO Ritchie has some of the tools to be a good NHL players just not all of them so it makes it difficult watching him play over other players.

BTW Cehlarik leading point leader Worlds.
Lol just was watching Cehlarik for the Slovaks

MarbleMist

May 17, 2021
I agree with that, he used to take some massive hits, this year he's done a better job at shedding/avoiding them. Wish Gryz would follow suit because every time he goes back for the puck I think it's about a 50-50 chance he is going to get smoked.

Grizz has only taken 9 hits so far this post-season, one of the lowest totals on the team. Both he and Mac are so shifty and so smart.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad