Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 3 - MARCHAND WINS IT IN OT!!!!!! - BRUINS lead series 2-1

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
I am still amazed we won. Shocked. They gotta shoot that puck over his shoulder every time.

However, lots of lazy skating though. You HAVE to fix that. I'm sorry. But for a big body Nick Ritchie has to do SOMETHING if he's not hitting or parking his fat ass in front of the net, what is his purpose? Can we summon the soul of Nick from a few months ago? Cause we are being crunched on these hits. They are taking the body every time. WE NEED TO DO THIS. Stop allowing them to skate right into the zone. Knock them on their asses. If they can do it, so can we. Give me Freddy, Tinordi next game. Or Miller if he's okay. We need to stand up.

Prayers up to Carlo. He looked concussed...again.

Ritchie has the opposite problem of many physically intimidating players - he has too LONG a "fuse".

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Re the Smith goal:
Taylor Hall’s furious back-checking and stripping the Islanders forward of the puck and then switching gears into overdrive on the attack is a sight to watch over and over again.
What a marvellous play!

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Whether or not people agree with the calls that have been made in the playoffs, the refs have been very consistent in their calls. They are letting teams play physical, but aren’t letting stuff like slashes, sticks to the face and cross checks slide.
I disagree, on the same shift where Kuraly gets called for a cross check I counted at least three slashes that were let go. Earlier in the game Pasta gets called for a retaliatory love tap yet Nelson follows through on a check to Charlie with a stick to the face that gets ignored. JMO but that's not consistency .

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Re the Smith goal:
Taylor Hall’s furious back-checking and stripping the Islanders forward of the puck and then switching gears into overdrive on the attack is a sight to watch over and over again.
What a marvellous play!
And forgotten in that play is Gryz attacking deep opening up the lane for Smith.

Reactions: Gordoff and cat400

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Was relieved more than anything to get the win in the end. To drop this game after such dominance of the 2nd half and after a tough OT loss in G2 would have been a hammer blow to morale that may well have turned the series irreperably in the Isles' favor. Thankfully the Bs got reward for effort in the end, but they made hard work of it.

I think the series tone has been pretty well set. The Bruins can outskate and out-skill the Islanders, beat their forecheck and get the play on their terms for long stretches when they play well and skate hard, but the Isles can grit and scrap and pressure and score enough greasy goals to hang in there if given half a chance. The B's top 6 can't be matched, but NY are winning the bottom 6 war and they'll be hoping that the fatigue and injury attrition building as a result of that will turn things their way if they can drag out the series long enough.

Our bottom 6 has to find a way to push back harder and do some damage of its own. Do that, and get a better conversion rate on all the chances we're creating, and Boston should take the series. But it's still a very near-run thing. Lots of hard yards to go yet.
I honestly don't know how they don't ever score a fluke goal. Happens all the time to the b's. Someone who hasn't scored in 100 games takes a shot. Bounces off 3 players and in. Don't understand it

Reactions: shelbysdad

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I honestly don't know how they don't ever score a fluke goal. Happens all the time to the b's. Someone who hasn't scored in 100 games takes a shot. Bounces off 3 players and in. Don't understand it
upload_2021-6-4_14-24-27.png

Can't score if you don't shoot.

2.6 shots per game for an entire forward line ain't going to get it done.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Sucks to watch and easy to critique --- but McAvoy, Grizz and Clifton probably poke the puck away and spin off --- making Clutterbuck miss them entirely. Maybe a by-product of those three not being as big as Carlo and learning at an early age how to protect themselves -- so it just becomes instinct/second nature to do that, while Carlo given his size probably never had to develop that "skill".

Speaking of "that skill" - the league took away obstruction and interference to speed it up, but now we have defenseman getting run into the glass by unobstructed forwards flying at top speed. Sure, spinning off works sometimes, but other times you have to take the hit to make the play, and your partner can't slow down F1 anymore.

Even if there is a penalty or suspension, who cares if the D is out hurt? I know I sound like Grapes, but just like the automatic icing the league needs to do something to protect the defenseman if their players can't anymore.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Whether or not people agree with the calls that have been made in the playoffs, the refs have been very consistent in their calls. They are letting teams play physical, but aren’t letting stuff like slashes, sticks to the face and cross checks slide.

Consistently inconsistent you mean, as game management dictates. They allowed a number of cross checks before calling the Kuraly one and are allowing plenty of hooks/slashes go on both teams, only to call it randomly. One of the calls giving the Bs a PP last night was brutal at best as well.

The Bruins are better off 5v5 vs NYI regardless and Bruce knows this. NYI cannot score without a man advantage or a fortunate bounce. Keep it 5v5.

Reactions: JerseyBruin and BMC

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Consistently inconsistent you mean, as game management dictates. They allowed a number of cross checks before calling the Kuraly one and are allowing plenty of hooks/slashes go on both teams, only to call it randomly. One of the calls giving the Bs a PP last night was brutal at best as well.

The Bruins are better off 5v5 vs NYI regardless and Bruce knows this. NYI cannot score without a man advantage or a fortunate bounce. Keep it 5v5.

palmieri was sitting there facing the boards with his numbers facing kuraly. That was 100% a penalty and a stupid one on kuralys part

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad