Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 3 - MARCHAND WINS IT IN OT!!!!!! - BRUINS lead series 2-1

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
This series is played on a very fine line of defensive mistakes. Balancing between being solid defensively and getting your offensive opportunities is where this series will be won or lost. In general, I believe the Bruins have been a lot better in that regard. It may not show on the scoreboard but for most of the series, we have carried the play.

I believe the Bruins have a very good understanding of this concept and if we continue to play like we have we have a good chance at winning the series.

I think I saw a stat during the game last night that Boston had 20 of the last 22 shots on net. At a certain point that has to have some correlation to scoring as well. It was a great game last night, played hard and honest, neither team making mistakes. To get as many quality chances as Boston did was good to see.

What I'm saying is, I think they're due for a convincing win here.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
He broke his arm or femur or something. So he can't play right now even if he could. He signed for NEXT season. So...he didn't walk out on us. He literally had surgery lol
If that was the case. B'S MGMT would not be pissed. I could be wrong, but I think it was something that needed attention, could have waited, but Kampfer wanted it done now so he was ready next year.

Reactions: Gordoff

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
I think I saw a stat during the game last night that Boston had 20 of the last 22 shots on net. At a certain point that has to have some correlation to scoring as well. It was a great game last night, played hard and honest, neither team making mistakes. To get as many quality chances as Boston did was good to see.

What I'm saying is, I think they're due for a convincing win here.

I don't disagree, but for us to be successful we have to stay the course. Stay defensively sound, stay patient and stay disiplne. IMO those are the real keys to the Bruins winning the series.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
You said "Kuhlman, not Ritchie created/set that goal up"...So funny when people act like they said something different on the internet when you can scroll back one page and see exactly what they said.

Kuhlman battled hard to get the puck over to Ritchie. Ritchie made a nice hard pass through traffic and put it exactly where it needed to be for Coyle to spring free. Ritchie actually sees the ice well and has some playmaking ability, not everyone on the team could make that pass. Trying to take credit away from Ritchie in what was a nice play for the entire line is weak but not surprising from you.

images

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Even if Carlo doesn't return this season, the Bruins should in no way try to be cute with their expansion list and expose Carlo hoping Seattle be scared away from picking him and choosing someone else.

I don't even get why folks here are at all worried about the expansion draft. They have 7 clear-cut forwards to protect. They have 3 clear-cut D to protect.

Look at who will be available.

Kase - oft-injured winger who basically missed an entire season
Wagner - 4th liner with two more years on his deal.
Frederic - Needs to clear waivers next Oct. and isn't an NHL regular right here today.
Lazar - 4th line C/W
Kuhlman - Spare winger
Senyshyn - Minor league winger
Hughes - Minor league center
Moore - Injured and missed bulk of season. Seattle taking him is doing the Bruins a favor.
Clifton - 3rd pair RD
Lauzon - 3rd pair LD
Zboril - Spare LD

So given that list, should the Bruins even attempt to be cute or try to cut side deals? I don't think so.

So let Seattle have their pick of Clifton, Lauzon, Frederic, Wagner, etc. The list of whose will be available from the Bruins is pretty light. Half this board wanted to terminate Lauzon's contract 4-5 days ago.

clifton should be protected. He will get snagged.

Reactions: NeelyOrr

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
You said "Kuhlman, not Ritchie created/set that goal up"...So funny when people act like they said something different on the internet when you can scroll back one page and see exactly what they said.

Kuhlman battled hard to get the puck over to Ritchie. Ritchie made a nice hard pass through traffic and put it exactly where it needed to be for Coyle to spring free. Ritchie actually sees the ice well and has some playmaking ability, not everyone on the team could make that pass. Trying to take credit away from Ritchie in what was a nice play for the entire line is weak but not surprising from you.

He does see the ice very well...some things he does very well on the ice but for the most part he doesn't do very well on the ice.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don't disagree, but for us to be successful we have to stay the course. Stay defensively sound, stay patient and stay disciplined. IMO those are the real keys to the Bruins winning the series.

They need to work on this part. Too many retaliatory penalties and after the whistle shenanigans. 2 out of their 3 penalties last night were easily avoidable.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
a little off topic but was anyone there who could attest to the quality of the ice? Appeared to be horrible, passes made by both teams that bounced everywhere
If so that’s where keeping it simple is key shots and traffic,Bruins definitely started shootings more as game went on ,but very little traffic in front of the net,don’t even recall Ritchie getting to the net,but than that line spends most of the time in there own end.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Tinordi will be fine and add a bonus physical element that is missing from the dee without Miller.

Kuhlman can step in for Jake or Wags.

Give Carlo a game off to clear his head out.

Players used to be able to slow up forecheckers to protect the deemen, nowadays they are exposed to that kind of hit.

Reactions: Gordoff and lopey

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

For those who want Bruce to go full Berube at times.

Whether or not people agree with the calls that have been made in the playoffs, the refs have been very consistent in their calls. They are letting teams play physical, but aren’t letting stuff like slashes, sticks to the face and cross checks slide.

Reactions: The National

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad