Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 2 - Islanders tie up the series in OT - Game 3 Thursday in Uniondale

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

Would they actually sit DeBrusk and play Kuhlman?

Wonder if they are pissed at him being fined.

No this feels to me like Smith is iffy. If Smith can't go, JDB takes that spot so good to get reps. If Smith can go, there is just no way Kuhlman slots in above JDB. I don't expect much from either guy, but there's at least a chance JDB breaks out.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Smith took rushes with Hall and Krejci and Kuhlman was with Ritchie and Coyle.

DeBrusk will be scratched based on lines and rushes this morning.

All other lines and D pairings stay the same

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
HUGE news.

We need him. And having Miller practicing is big news as well. Smitty seems to be playing tomorrow which is *chefs kiss*.
Would be nice to have him back for sure ,but he hasn’t exactly been lighting things up yes a huge goal for sure but his only one in 7 ,Krejci has zero and believe all but one assist has been on PP ,Hall has 3 ,an empty netter ,two on the power play, this line needs to start producing real soon at even strength can’t depend on the first line every game ,and if the power plays stop coming we’re screwed,and judging by last game and the Blues series they will.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Kuhlman showed more and it’s coming off a loss. DOESNT send a good message to Kuhlman or the team to keep guys in that aren’t getting the job done

Lauzon would come out too if Killer was ready

and no I don’t think the loss is Lauzon’s fault

Reactions: Alicat

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
If JD gets sat... not sure how I'm going to feel about that. As frustrated as you might be with him, he just needs one chance/opportunity to put the puck in the net. I'd sit Wags and play him 4th line if you want Kuhlman in.
And why exactly do they want Kuhlman in?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Kuhlman showed more and it’s coming off a loss. DOESNT send a good message to Kuhlman or the team to keep guys in that aren’t getting the job done

Lauzon would come out too if Killer was ready

and no I don’t think the loss is Lauzon’s fault

What did Kuhlman show exactly? He's fast. That's it. They put Jake on his off wing to step in for Smitty. Never playing with Hall before. Jake looked fine. He didn't make any mistakes. He went to the front of the net. He was hitting. He was being physical. He passed. He had a couple of good passes. Almost scored. I don't know what else he could of done.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Smith took rushes with Hall and Krejci and Kuhlman was with Ritchie and Coyle.

DeBrusk will be scratched based on lines and rushes this morning.

All other lines and D pairings stay the same

I'm good with Kuhlman in but not for Debrusk. Thought Kuhlman had a solid showing last game.

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
What's on Rask in Game 2? I can see the Palmieri goal maybe? But otherwise what did he give up? I also recall several excellent saves before the NYI scored their first.

Conversely, how would we feel if Rask gave up the Marchand goal, a wrister from top of the circle where half the net is open?

Again I'm no fanboy of Rask for sure, but I think he's been solid so far. Not "jump on my back" good, but also not a problem spot either.
He let up 4. Varlarmov let up 3.
Second goal was bad. Second goal was bad in game 1 as well, but we won that game.

Rask has been great, but hes let up a soft goal in each game now.

If he is really injured, I dont know why Swayman isnt starting. You can tell Rask has some type of back injury. Especially on those 2 goals I mentioned.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Love his quote on Lauzon and so glad he's back in tomorrow
IOWTJP9DL_5f71snwolsb9MGzwig0ScI8P0XJKfaeVjym1S6QTxSy6eeAxKDzrZTm3FJlfHA0xiPNdkHBcJDJE8PVJ6P2J0Y1Q_eCAkMeW9iWmTyRXUepDru7j41hv1dXX5E0Xxzs206tpOZOyxSZparq34-RyjJvxc

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA

Very happy to see that Smith is trending towards getting back in the lineup tomorrow. Should make a big difference throughout the lineup.

Also, glad to hear that Tuukka is ready to go. His career numbers in Game Threes are outstanding.
1.77 GAA ; .944 Sv% ; 2 Shutouts

And even better most recently:
Rask's last 3 Game Threes: 3-0 ; 1.46 GAA ; .951 Sv%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad