Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 2 - Islanders tie up the series in OT - Game 3 Thursday in Uniondale

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2021-5-31_22-58-48.png

upload_2021-5-31_23-0-34.png

upload_2021-5-31_23-1-20.png

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI - BRUINS

TOI - FISHSTICKS

Last edited:

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Need Miller in for Lauzon, and Smith for Kuhlman.

Both are significantly missed. NYI is missing Lee, so I'll be satisfied with Smith back in game 3.

Bruins will be fine. Outscored NYI 3 to 2 in regulation. However, the issue is NYI put in the greater effort at times, such as OT and the Bruins cannot allow that.

NYI need Gord Dwyer back on Thursday as well.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Problem is they dont always bring their best game

Yea and I get the whole "theres two teams playing" so obviously the Bruins aren't going to dominate for a full 60.

But the team as a whole just slowed down. Skating and the breakout was just bad decisions and poor execution.

Wasn't so much what the islanders did as much as it was what the Bruins didn't do. They got back to their game in the third but the hole was already dug.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I know the Isles got some luck, but that's part of hockey. Bs lost about the only they can against the Isles, and that's beating themselves. Too many stupid turnovers. An ultra stupid penalty by Reilly. Lauzon was lost quite a bit in his own end, and of course gifted the game away with a shit for IQ pass. Reilly with some really dumb instances of not shooting when he had the advantage over the goalie. Carlo did some good things and played physical, but holy hell he is slow to pass the puck in his own zone, which creates too many turnovers. At least Rask did great. Could have been a regulation loss if not for him. Either team deserved the W tonight, and unfortunately the Isles came out on top. Bs better be sharper in game 3.

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
I focused on Jake again tonight. I don't know what else to say. He plays weird routes, he's slow to change lines, he takes 10 minutes to get going after he takes a hit. He took a backhand shot from above the circles and killed a whole play. He even called off a pass from Hall so he could get off the ice in the last 5 minutes of the game. I'm done - he's not worth keeping on this team if we're going for a cup in the next 2 years.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
It’s always easy to overreact after a loss.

Both teams had their moments tonight and I expected the Islanders to respond after game one. The Bruins were never going to sweep the Islanders.

Felt the Islanders definitely got more puck luck, but Boston was awful in the second. That’s what lost them the game.

Two days off, hopefully they get Smitty back, they missed him tonight.

Also, for the love of god, can the 4th line contribute anything?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I want Tinordi in over Lauzon, that mistake is inexcusable and the cherry on top of him failing to get it out of the zone 45 times before that.
Tinordi has looked good when he has been put in games. Hasn't really hurt the team or been burned a lot. Might not be a bad idea. Lauzon got worked all night long. Game seems too fast for him at times.

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011

this is horseshit, bruce. almost every goal was off something.

How about mentioning how horrible the refreeing was instead of calling out the guy who kept is in the game when we imploded after going down 2?? Other coaches do it all the time because IT WORKS!! how many times have we seen brind'amour or berube complain about refs and then the next game the standard is completely different.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
If the Bruins would try a shot from the point every now and then instead of trying to be so damn cute All of the time we might get a couple more ugly goals now and then. My voice is hoarse from yelling shoot . I love greasy goals . I swear half the goals that are scored on us seem to be shots from the point that get deflected in.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Yea and I get the whole "theres two teams playing" so obviously the Bruins aren't going to dominate for a full 60.

But the team as a whole just slowed down. Skating and the breakout was just bad decisions and poor execution.

Wasn't so much what the islanders did as much as it was what the Bruins didn't do. They got back to their game in the third but the hole was already dug.

Simple as that, stationary 2nd period killed us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad