Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 2 - Islanders tie up the series in OT - Game 3 Thursday in Uniondale

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I wouldnt mind scratching debrusk. He was bad game 2.
I think he is more out of shape than Ritchie now.

If the Bruins can find a way to get him on LW, Im all for it. But he is definitely not good enough for lines 1 and 2.

Reactions: Alicat

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Lauzon was much better before his hand injury

Can't see how that helped. When he got hit in the hand with that shot, I thought his hand was broken for sure. I was sort of surprised when he returned so quickly.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Encouraging news on Craig Smith.

I would prefer Debrusk to play, but on the left side. Please, for the love of God get the kid to the left side. Scratch Ritchie, let Coyle play between JDB and Kuhlman, and let them speed around for 12 minutes.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Encouraging news on Craig Smith.

I would prefer Debrusk to play, but on the left side. Please, for the love of God get the kid to the left side. Scratch Ritchie, let Coyle play between JDB and Kuhlman, and let them speed around for 12 minutes.

Why?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yes Adam Pelech is a pretty good D man, but to put Lauzon in the same category is not what I or many other people see.

Lauzon will be lucky to function as a 3rd pair D at the NHL level. If not for Miller being injured, he would be like the 7th D at best on this team. Who are you willing to give up Clifton or Lauzon in the expansion draft?

I am not going to get too deeply involved as we have no input on management's decision. Hopefully the decision will be the right one and the Bruins will win in the end.

Was I putting Lauzon in the same "category"? Adam Pelech was a 3rd pair D-man in his rookie season as well.

But the skillsets are similar. Similar size, similar skating ability. Both are well rounded guys who can do a bit of everything but don't really excel in any one area other than preventing the opposing team from scoring. Right here today, Pelech is far more adept at this than Lauzon.

In a few years with more experience Lauzon could certainly be for the Bruins what Pelech is today for the Islanders. All this talk of his ceiling being 3rd pair is ludicrous. Maybe be never rises up to be a full-time Top 4 D-man and ends up a 3rd pair lifer. Quite possible. Folks need to stop acting like Lauzon is close to a finished product because he's not.

Reactions: 13Hockey

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
If JD gets sat... not sure how I'm going to feel about that. As frustrated as you might be with him, he just needs one chance/opportunity to put the puck in the net. I'd sit Wags and play him 4th line if you want Kuhlman in.

I've been one of JDB's harshest critics, but I would not sit him over Kuhlman. It's likely true that Kuhlman's play away from the puck is better than JDB's, but Kuhlman is not going to produce. Period. JDB might, and when he does it can come in bunches.

For a team that needs secondary scoring right now scratching JDB rather than Kuhlman kinda baffles me.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Love his quote on Lauzon and so glad he's back in tomorrow
It would be dumb to sit him because of one mistake. I seem to remember him taking care of Mr. Ovechkin before he got hurt. Miller being out makes pairing difficult.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I thought Debrusk played more physical than I’ve seen from him in a while, but definitely moments of lack of effort. I don’t think Kuhlman should be taking anyone out of the lineup at this point.
Clearly Bruce agrees.

lets all hope Round 1 Jake shows back up tomorrow. We need him. Regression is not acceptable

Reactions: The National

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2