Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 1 - Pasta Hat Trick - BRUINS 5 Fishsticks 2 F - B's lead series 1-0

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA

(168).gif

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
My mom's funeral was yesterday thus I missed half the game
However unwound and watched the end of the 2nd, poured a snort of whiskey and Zoom watched with a buddy rotating between our game and the Habs/Leafs game.

Honestly...Pasta could have had six goals in the period and a half I watched if not for an leg or stick in the way of a shot.
Holding on to the puck freezing the goalie then he let go the wrister...such a goal scorers goal.Getting more dangerous game by game.

In the poll I said we wrap this up in 5.

Watching the Habs taking the Leafs to game 7....sweet to watch.
Sportsnet bias is funny to watch....in between periods they showed some of Prices great saves but they termed them as great leaf scoring chances.Huh?!
All I saw was a goalie standing on his head.

On to game 2 to which we will win as well.
As I have said before, you have my deepest sympathies, my brother.

Reactions: bbfan419

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Tough to tell from the camera angles but if I had to guess it looks more like Ritchie screened tuukka and not Lauzon. Just from the position of tuukka to pelech, it appears Lauzon is more off to the left. Still hard to tell but here are a couple angles.

Thanks

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Tough to tell from the camera angles but if I had to guess it looks more like Ritchie screened tuukka and not Lauzon. Just from the position of tuukka to pelech, it appears Lauzon is more off to the left. Still hard to tell but here are a couple angles.

My point was it was a tough puck to find and follow for Rask. Because his own players blocked his view if he picked it up. It was not a soft goal as some Bruins fans suggested. Just my opinion.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Bergeron not winning the Selke every year that he is healthy is total bullshit. There is no one consistently on his level. Some get there for stretches (O'Reilly, Barkov, Kopitar, etc.) but he is consistently incredible at the 200 foot game.

I have an active, burning contempt for any voter that wants to spread that award around to different names. That's little league kid stuff.
I agree with all of this. Especially the last part.

Bergeron is the best two-way player ever, IMO.
I don’t know about all that, but he’s my favorite Bruin of all time and he deserves any and every award they can give him.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
This is offtopic to the current Post Game thread but i've been thinking a lot about it. I don't think i mention it often enough but what a great group of guys we have, our leadership and basically anyone who joins our team and is good enough to stay and plays his role here or whatever immediately becomes part of this well established stream of proud and calm goodness...runs from top to bottom...and then Pasta ''i don't play hockey for money'' and so on...

We've been fortunate.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I agree , I know a lot of leafs fans and for the most part they are not bad to talk with about hockey, but habs fans can be insufferable at times. I grew up in a small Northern New Brunswick town in the 70's and 80's and there were habs fans everywhere, I had to endure a lot from them, so for me there will never be a team I dislike more than the habs, not even the leafs or caps.
Comparable imo. Imagine Leafs fan with the best NHL team most of the year and 5 straight SC championship! Imo there would not be any difference!

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
After watching the game again today only one bad thing stuck with me...

The B's have to STOP taking 'too many men' penalties ...there's no excuse for them

If the Islanders score on that 3rd period PP it would've given them a 3-2 lead and the ending might've been different

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
There are too many damn lines.

I used to love to draw when I was a kid.

I’d draw cartoon characters, video game characters, and athletes.

Mario, Link, Sonic the Hedghog, Drew Bledsoe, and Arruts Irbe were my most commonly drawn items haha.
Nice work! My only worry is that you drew the Isles logo slightly better than the spoked B :laugh:

Reactions: smithformeragent

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2