Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 1 - Pasta Hat Trick - BRUINS 5 Fishsticks 2 F - B's lead series 1-0

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
My mom's funeral was yesterday thus I missed half the game
However unwound and watched the end of the 2nd, poured a snort of whiskey and Zoom watched with a buddy rotating between our game and the Habs/Leafs game.

Honestly...Pasta could have had six goals in the period and a half I watched if not for an leg or stick in the way of a shot.
Holding on to the puck freezing the goalie then he let go the wrister...such a goal scorers goal.Getting more dangerous game by game.

In the poll I said we wrap this up in 5.

Watching the Habs taking the Leafs to game 7....sweet to watch.
Sportsnet bias is funny to watch....in between periods they showed some of Prices great saves but they termed them as great leaf scoring chances.Huh?!
All I saw was a goalie standing on his head.

On to game 2 to which we will win as well.

So sorry for your loss.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I had been debating that the second Isles goal from almost the blue line wasn't Tuukka's fault. I feel that Lauzon should have fallen to block the shot and because he didn't but pulled out late, he prevented Tuukka from finding the puck because Lauzon blocked Rask's view. Most all that expressed an opinion disagreed with me.

In the coach's press conference Cassidy said he fell Rask's own people blocked out his view on that goal in question.

Case closed.

Very Enjoyable game for a home game #1. Exactly what was expected and needed.

C'mon Monday.

Go Bruins

Tough to tell from the camera angles but if I had to guess it looks more like Ritchie screened tuukka and not Lauzon. Just from the position of tuukka to pelech, it appears Lauzon is more off to the left. Still hard to tell but here are a couple angles.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
However unwound and watched the end of the 2nd, poured a snort of whiskey and Zoom watched with a buddy rotating between our game and the Habs/Leafs game.

Honestly...Pasta could have had six goals in the period and a half I watched if not for an leg or stick in the way of a shot.
Holding on to the puck freezing the goalie then he let go the wrister...such a goal scorers goal.Getting more dangerous game by game.

Sportsnet bias is funny to watch....in between periods they showed some of Prices great saves but they termed them as great leaf scoring chances.Huh?!

My condolences to you and yours. May she Rest In Peace.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'd answer you all but this is easier ....thanks all for the kind words. It's appreciated.

We only get one mom one dad. Dad passed in 03. The were both exemplary in marriage, hard working (Saskatchewan farmers) and made life enjoyable for us.
As they grew older we tried to repay them best we could.
That's what one should do.
She kept her faith to the end.
She'll be greatly missed.

Thanks again.:)

But enough of my groveling... Go Bruins.
:heart:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Exactly . He has hockey IQ among the best I've ever seen along with speed and an accurate shot .
Impressive player to say the least

His defensive responsibility surprises me. My brother and I said last night "I don't think Taylor Hall even knew what a backcheck was until he came to Boston". He's like Savvy, reputation for not playing any D gets flipped on its head when he dons the Spoked B.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
85649F27-6757-4826-BCE1-AB8179E33A00.jpeg
I’m pumped about going tomorrow!

The soon to be Mrs. SFA is at the camp today visiting her aunt and uncle.

I made a giant poster board ticket to surprise her when she gets home tonight!!

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
It is strange because some of the Leaf fans here are annoying but in my 19 years as a STH the best visiting fans at the Garden are the Toronto fans. Also my daughter and I went to a game there in 2014 (in Dec after the Bs won that game 7 in a comeback) and the people there were cool. It is a nice city.
There is often a very big difference between how people act online and in real life. The one time I’ve been to Toronto, people were super nice.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
View attachment 440798 I’m pumped about going tomorrow!

The soon to be Mrs. SFA is at the camp today visiting her aunt and uncle.

I made a giant poster board ticket to surprise her when she gets home tonight!!
Well done on the logo drawings! I always used to screw up the spoked B as a kid :laugh:

Have fun, be extra loud!

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Well done on the logo drawings! I always used to screw up the spoked B as a kid :laugh:

Have fun, be extra loud!
There are too many damn lines.

I used to love to draw when I was a kid.

I’d draw cartoon characters, video game characters, and athletes.

Mario, Link, Sonic the Hedghog, Drew Bledsoe, and Arturs Irbe were my most commonly drawn items haha.

Last edited:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Hmmm, the "classy Isles fans" that some here were saying. I expect that there won't be much love lost by the end of this series.

To be fair, in our thread we did call them a hated moniker that we stole from their Manhattan based arch rivals. And then there's this:

So we probably deserve a little ribbing.

Reactions: Alicat and BMC

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
It looked like a Bruins powerplay at 5v5. Men vs boys.

Bergeron not winning the Selke every year that he is healthy is total bullshit. There is no one consistently on his level. Some get there for stretches (O'Reilly, Barkov, Kopitar, etc.) but he is consistently incredible at the 200 foot game.

I have an active, burning contempt for any voter that wants to spread that award around to different names. That's little league kid stuff.

Bergeron is the best two-way player ever, IMO.

Last edited:

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL

Take care my friend !!

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Bergy is unreal man. Maybe he isn’t as flashy as the bigger names like Crosby but there’s no one else I’d rather have. He’s dominant.

If I found the fountain of youth and could only give it to one person, I’d give it to him without a doubt so we could watch him for another 15 years

I love this. Yes.

Bergeron is unbelievable. We are so lucky to have this guy. I really want to see him raise another Cup.

MarbleMist

May 17, 2021
Hmmm, the "classy Isles fans" that some here were saying. I expect that there won't be much love lost by the end of this series.

I browsed their post-game thread and they're pretty reasonable. They just have one bad egg, who happens to be the GDT creator :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad