Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 1 - Pasta Hat Trick - BRUINS 5 Fishsticks 2 F - B's lead series 1-0

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I worry a little about Frederic getting too amped up and maybe taking a bad penalty or getting caught out of position.

I think Kuhlman is the safer play and he’s older and has playoff experience.

I won’t be devastated if Frederic gets the call, I just think Cassidy will go the safe route.

If it was Washington,I would say Frederic . The Islanders Kuhlman. I wish Z.S had progressed a bit more would have loved for him to be the man.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
It is strange because some of the Leaf fans here are annoying but in my 19 years as a STH the best visiting fans at the Garden are the Toronto fans. Also my daughter and I went to a game there in 2014 (in Dec after the Bs won that game 7 in a comeback) and the people there were cool. It is a nice city.
I agree , I know a lot of leafs fans and for the most part they are not bad to talk with about hockey, but habs fans can be insufferable at times. I grew up in a small Northern New Brunswick town in the 70's and 80's and there were habs fans everywhere, I had to endure a lot from them, so for me there will never be a team I dislike more than the habs, not even the leafs or caps.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I do not think the Bruins could play any better then they did yesterday. Isles looked overwhelmed, I do not see us catching them by surprise again. It will get a lot tougher, hopefully Smith is okay. Grizz, Pasta and Bergy were amazing as was Mac and the 2nd line.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
My mom's funeral was yesterday thus I missed half the game
However unwound and watched the end of the 2nd, poured a snort of whiskey and Zoom watched with a buddy rotating between our game and the Habs/Leafs game.

Honestly...Pasta could have had six goals in the period and a half I watched if not for an leg or stick in the way of a shot.
Holding on to the puck freezing the goalie then he let go the wrister...such a goal scorers goal.Getting more dangerous game by game.

In the poll I said we wrap this up in 5.

Watching the Habs taking the Leafs to game 7....sweet to watch.
Sportsnet bias is funny to watch....in between periods they showed some of Prices great saves but they termed them as great leaf scoring chances.Huh?!
All I saw was a goalie standing on his head.

On to game 2 to which we will win as well.
  • sorry for the loss of your mother.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
However unwound and watched the end of the 2nd, poured a snort of whiskey and Zoom watched with a buddy rotating between our game and the Habs/Leafs game.

Honestly...Pasta could have had six goals in the period and a half I watched if not for an leg or stick in the way of a shot.
Holding on to the puck freezing the goalie then he let go the wrister...such a goal scorers goal.Getting more dangerous game by game.

Sportsnet bias is funny to watch....in between periods they showed some of Prices great saves but they termed them as great leaf scoring chances.Huh?!

So, so sorry for your loss.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
He usually stops in to say hello when he is in Boston but I wasn't in my usual seat .

In person Pierre is a nice guy. He also seems to like the Bruins .

I used to give him crap but he seems so nice that I like him better now. I would rather listen to him than some of the others.

I've said this before - My brother and I met Pierre at a prep-school game where his son was playing against my nephew, a goalie. Pierre was humble, quiet and gracious, even after his son scored the winning goal. Just another dad watching his son play hockey, and I've got nothing but good things to say about him.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Yeah , game 7 Montreal- Toronto will be epic . The NHL should really change the start times of other games that night ( Bruins ) . I would assume just about everyone in Canada will want to watch the Leafs game but there likely isn’t anyway to watch that game and not receive spoilers from the Bruins game . It’s a dilemma.

Reactions: bbfan419

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I've said this before - My brother and I met Pierre at a prep-school game where his son was playing against my nephew, a goalie. Pierre was humble, quiet and gracious, even after his son scored the winning goal. Just another dad watching his son play hockey, and I've got nothing but good things to say about him.
Yeah. He is very nice to me. He had cancer a few years ago and when I asked him if he was OK he seemed really touched and took my hand and thanked me for asking. (this was a few years ago)

He also says nice things about the Bs.

He has always liked our #1 line.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

E2pnH0dXoAcjf3y.jpg

3-D7-F49-B2-E821-4-E69-B87-C-327-BE44-F704-C.jpg

Reactions: Gordoff

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I do not think the Bruins could play any better then they did yesterday. Isles looked overwhelmed, I do not see us catching them by surprise again. It will get a lot tougher, hopefully Smith is okay. Grizz, Pasta and Bergy were amazing as was Mac and the 2nd line.

Don't be so sure about that, the Penguins overwhelmed the Islanders for large parts of their series but were done in by goaltending. If the Bruins bring their A game the Islanders will need a lot of breaks to sneak out wins.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Yeah , game 7 Montreal- Toronto will be epic . The NHL should really change the start times of other games that night ( Bruins ) . I would assume just about everyone in Canada will want to watch the Leafs game but there likely isn’t anyway to watch that game and not receive spoilers from the Bruins game . It’s a dilemma.
Watching a game without the crowds just isn’t the same,I really never even got into the Bruins games last season,I will just flip to check the score once in awhile.

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
Bergy is unreal man. Maybe he isn’t as flashy as the bigger names like Crosby but there’s no one else I’d rather have. He’s dominant.

If I found the fountain of youth and could only give it to one person, I’d give it to him without a doubt so we could watch him for another 15 years

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I'd answer you all but this is easier ....thanks all for the kind words. It's appreciated.

We only get one mom one dad. Dad passed in 03. The were both exemplary in marriage, hard working (Saskatchewan farmers) and made life enjoyable for us.
As they grew older we tried to repay them best we could.
That's what one should do.
She kept her faith to the end.
She'll be greatly missed.

Thanks again.:)

But enough of my groveling... Go Bruins.

Acie

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2019
Southern Ontario

My condolences.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

So sorry for the loss of your Mother

Tàke care and God bless you and your family

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad