Confirmed with Link: Eddie Olczyk out as color commentator

Crow

May 19, 2014
T

That's just false. Konroyd was putrid.
Its my opinion, so hard to say it’s false. I used to complain every time Konroyd was on. I still think he is a professional, just not for me.

Konroyd was putrid but the other people we tried this year seem like they are AHL or worse level.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Its my opinion, so hard to say it’s false. I used to complain every time Konroyd was on. I still think he is a professional, just not for me.

Konroyd was putrid but the other people we tried this year seem like they are AHL or worse level.
There's something to experience I feel people are too harsh on. Those people have done announcing how often? Not a lot.

While Konroyd In and pre/post game has thousands of hours of experience... but all those replacements are bound to improve over time. Konroyd isn't changing after all this time though

Reactions: Crow

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
As bad as this team is going to be for years I don’t think the color commentator is too relevant, the amount of people watching is going to be pretty sparse anyway.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'd be willing to bet the prospect of finishing his career doing Hawks' games for the dogshit team the Hawks are going to be was much less appealing than going to an organization with his brother, announcing with a competent announcer, and being the broadcasting face of an expansion team.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
ABCOH

Anyone But Cohen Or Hextall.

Could you imagine those two on a broadcast together? My 65 inch television would be thrown off the top of the tallest building I could find.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
It was a great goal song when they were dominant. Hard to describe...it gave off a cocky, but lighthearted energy...as if the team was just putting on a show.

Doesn't really work the same when the team is not good. It's time to move on. New era.
Quite frankly I don't care if they keep the song or not, I just wanted to make the joke.

With that said, the organization has tougher issues to deal with currently than The Dagger

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Quite frankly I don't care if they keep the song or not, I just wanted to make the joke.

With that said, the organization has tougher issues to deal with currently than The Dagger
Well there's specific media guys who work om marketing and making videos who don't worry about much but exactly that. One od Steve Dahls sons is one of the guys who always does the jokey video stuff. He should come up with a new marketing thing anyway

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Hard to not like a guy who was born in Chicago, drafted by Chicago, ends his playing career in Chicago and goes on to color for Chicago, lol. The guy was extremely humble, how can you hate on that?

The Dagger song can go. It's borderline depressing and has ran it's course.

Reactions: HawkyTown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad