Confirmed with Link: Eddie Olczyk out as color commentator

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I am shocked he signed with Seattle

His brother is an assistant GM in Seattle. Not like it was random with no connections to him. (But I didn't know this before either)

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
Gardner, I enjoyed when he was with Pat

Not sure why some fans never liked him, and he does great with Wolves

Hawks would upgrade massively to bring back Billy at this point
I think Pat was carrying Billy to be fair. He just sounds like a minor league announcer in my opinion.

But you're right, he'd probably be a huge upgrade when it comes to the Colby Cohen's of the world.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Just hire someone to fart in the mic all game. Way more entertaining than whoever they hire and not exactly an inaccurate description of the on ice product.

Reactions: Malagahawks

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Keep in mind they used Caley Chelios on color last year. :eek3:

Yeah, please - not her either.

Call me a neanderthal if you want - but I don't like listening to a female voice announcing a game. I have no problem with women doing analysis work in the studio but not during a game. Calling a game requires a bit of excitement in the voice to not sound bored and when women speak excitedly it's like nails on the chalkboard to me.

There - I said it.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah, please - not her either.

Call me a neanderthal if you want - but I don't like listening to a female voice announcing a game. I have no problem with women doing analysis work in the studio but not during a game. Calling a game requires a bit of excitement in the voice to not sound bored and when women speak excitedly it's like nails on the chalkboard to me.

There - I said it.

I’m with you.

Haven’t heard a single female broadcaster in any sport I can say I enjoy listening to in any capacity.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
84CAB0CC-1A9D-4D42-B34B-91D57937D8A8.gif

Big buff for the job

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I never liked Eddy. Know people who know him.

Know Hawk fans who don't like him because he's overly critical of the team. My non Hawk fan friends think he's a huge homer. Probably means he's objectively good at his job. Happy trails.

Reactions: TLEH

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
I never liked Eddy. Know people who know him.

Know Hawk fans who don't like him because he's overly critical of the team. My non Hawk fan friends think he's a huge homer. Probably means he's objectively good at his job. Happy trails.
Mind me asking why you never liked him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad