Speculation: Eddie O moving on?

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
30 thoughts by Elliotte Friedman

17. Mentioned during Hockey Night in Canada a couple of weeks ago that there was some talk of a position for Ed Olczyk in Buffalo. Not sure where that stands now, but did hear since then there were discussions before last season about Olczyk joining Paul Maurice’s staff in Winnipeg. He has said that he would like to coach again, and I wonder if we’re getting closer to that time. Would the Blackhawks consider him for the opening on the NHL staff or the Rockford AHL job?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-st-louis-target-eberle-scoring-help/

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Eddie leaving means you get stuck with Konroyd full time. :help:

I've long figured he'd wind up behind a bench again. Started to wonder a bit when it hadn't happened again after all these years, but I'm not sure if that's a matter of no one being interested or him not having been interested enough to really put it out there.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hopefully he stays in the org in some capacity. Maybe hire him for RFD job and see how it goes.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
We have two open coaching positions and Edzo loves Chicago (and Chicago loves him). If he wants a coaching position, give him one. Just let him stay in the organization in some capacity.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
We have two open coaching positions and Edzo loves Chicago (and Chicago loves him). If he wants a coaching position, give him one. Just let him stay in the organization in some capacity.

Id consider it just to get him the **** off my tv, but I have little doubt Olczyk would make a dreadful coach at any level beyond midget.

Now, if you want to tank, then absolutely sign him up. He can help a ton in that regard, just ask Pittsburgh.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Eddie will not be on the Hawks bench. I was actually shocked how strongly (verbally) that he disagreed with Q's tactics. Never gonna happen.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Id consider it just to get him the **** off my tv, but I have little doubt Olczyk would make a dreadful coach at any level beyond midget.

Now, if you want to tank, then absolutely sign him up. He can help a ton in that regard, just ask Pittsburgh.

Olczyk is just fine as a color commentator. Sure, he and Foley sound drunk half the time, but it's better than being put to sleep.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I know who I would want to replace Eddie

Billgardner.jpg

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Its Patrick Sharp's destiny if/when he retires. He is destined for the Blackhawks booth as a commentator. You heard it here first

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Good to see Jaeger still trying to convince people he actually watches the Hawks on TV and of course he's an expert on Eddie's 113 game coaching career.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm fine with Eddie. I wish him and Pat would knock off the stich, but I don't mind him. If he moved on it wouldn't bother me, unless it's Konroyd replacing him. That guy doesn't have a pulse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad