Confirmed with Link: Ed Snider passes away at 83 (Memorial Service Held 4/21)

StateOfHexcellence

Mar 31, 2016
Ashes of Pattison
what did you expect? It's funny, but with all the grief philly fans get about being a bunch of jerks, we at least understand the time and place for it. Other cities try to emulate us but usually always get it wrong.

Theres always one

I attended the game where we did the Mario farewell tribute.

Philly gets it right at the right times

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I remember when the Ranger fans called Flyer fans "imbreads." :)

I wouldn't condemn the Penguins fans--- there will always be some crass individuals in every group.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They use the word "yinz" as the plural for "you." That's all you need to know about those vile scum buckets.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I remember when the Ranger fans called Flyer fans "imbreads." :)

:laugh:

I love malapropisms....

I will never ever see a game at MSG again in my life. I went once and could not stand being around them..including my cousin. Wanted to punch them all in the face....including my cousin :laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
:laugh:

I love malapropisms....

I will never ever see a game at MSG again in my life. I went once and could not stand being around them..including my cousin. Wanted to punch them all in the face....including my cousin :laugh:

My buddy is a lifelong Devils fan..he wouldnt piss on a Rangers fan if they were engulfed in flames lol.

StateOfHexcellence

Mar 31, 2016
Ashes of Pattison
My buddy is a lifelong Devils fan..he wouldnt piss on a Rangers fan if they were engulfed in flames lol.

Ask him if he ever got this as a gift

$_35.JPG

This may age many of us here who know what i am talking about

Icedog2735

Aug 19, 2006
Stratford, CT
I wonder if the Flyers will go the route of making this patch a permanent part of their jersey. I'm a Kansas City Chiefs fan and the patch honoring the AFL and Lamar Hunt is now a permanent part of their uniform. Same sort of thing with GSH for George Halas on the sleeve of Bears uniforms. Maybe at the very least a helmet decal if the organization does not want a permanent shoulder/arm patch.

s3x

Nov 12, 2011
Love the tribute. I do wish they went with "ES" instead of "EMS"... maybe even a "Mr Snider"... perhaps his middle name was important to him. The Harry Kalas tribute patch was HK despite his middle name being Norbert as he signed everything as "Harry Kalas" the same way Mr. Snider signed everything as "Ed Snider". Either way, a great gesture. Looking forward to seeing the team play with it now and hopefully find a way to incorporate it into their jerseys permanently.

EDIT: Hate this sort of disrespect coming from it.

Last edited:

StateOfHexcellence

Mar 31, 2016
Ashes of Pattison
Love the tribute. I do wish they went with "ES" instead of "EMS"... maybe even a "Mr Snider"... perhaps his middle name was important to him. The Harry Kalas tribute patch was HK despite his middle name being Norbert as he signed everything as "Harry Kalas" the same way Mr. Snider signed everything as "Ed Snider". Either way, a great gesture. Looking forward to seeing the team play with it now and hopefully find a way to incorporate it into their jerseys permanently.

EDIT: Hate this sort of disrespect coming from it.

Let folks disrespect in their moment of silliness. Buzzsaw comin :popcorn:

Jumping

Jun 17, 2010
Atlanta Ga
Let folks disrespect in their moment of silliness. Buzzsaw comin :popcorn:

Would not want Wayne Simmonds extra P.O.'d at my team. Or Gudas. Let's hope for clean and hard fought like the old days (well, hard fought anyway).

It's trite to say "Win One for the Gipper" it's not that kind of world anymore. But for an old school guy like Mr. Snider... who knows. :)

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I was thinking yesterday that the Flyers should include in their jerseys some sort of tribute to Mr. Snider... each and every Season and PostSeason, every Jersey rendition... But something more subtle than the one they will be wearing this PostSeason... starting next Season. Maybe his initials or 'Mr. Snider' on the bottom hem of their jerseys, or worked into the design somehow... or another nod alluding to him.

Up until this First PostSeason Game, Mr. Snider has been with the Flyers in one way or another... a real icon... IMO he should stay a part of the Flyers in he Games gong forward... each Game... every Game. I suppose on he helmet is fine, but I'd rather it be the Jersey itself.

... I kind of like the Flyers to be Ed Snider's Flyers like 007 James Bond is always, Ian Fleming's... and they also always incorporate Cubby Barcoli's name in the Films, even after his death... To me it will always be Ed Snider's Flyers... although I do understand how they couldn't bill it as that... [ Or could they? ;) ]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad